ProPoints SIMPLY FILLING DIARY ... So close to goal ......

Hey girls I tries sw although only did two full days as I felt it needed alot more prep time and a bit more cash which I dont have at the moment to buy the fruit and veg and also to cook from scratch alot of the time.

However I think the plan itself is great, I only tried the EE plan as the red and green days confused me...but I think if you got the book it would be simple!

EE is basically the plan where you can have any of the 'free' foods which are listed in this post but your talking lean meat, fish, rice, pasta, cous cous, eggs, quark, Muller lights...loads more..but the requirement on EE is that 1/3 of your plate ought to be 'Superfree' which is basically fruit and veg apart from I think some veg which someone listed above which like ww isn't included in the free veg allowance.

There are also some convenience food which is free including bachelor savoury rices and the low fat super noodles.

So to summarise that your meals will consist of any free food you want but must have 1/3 of the plate/meal Superfree (fruit and veg) this is good as it really bangs into the idea of having fruit and veg which I know personally I lack alot of on ww!

Anything else you want to add to your meals which isn't free you must syn. Your allowed 15 a day, but must aim for 5-10. The basic formula is cals/20. It's not just cakes and crisps; treats etc you have to syn it could be your serving of gravy on your roast, extra slice of bread a day etc

Hexa and hexb is basically your calcium and bread (perhaps fibre/carb) requirement or the day. It's included so your not missing out on nutrients. Hexa is for your dairy you can have a certain amount of milk which can count for your hexa, can have it as cheese as well, there are alot more ideas on the sw forum how to use these. Hexb is for your bread/cereal type things: can use this on oatso simple, certain cereals, certain breads (ww bread is most common used by most sw people), Alpen lights cereal bars (2 make up your hexb). You must weigh your hexa and hexb. I think one hexa is 220ml of milk...for an example. But don't quote me on that as said on sw forum they have sub forums dedicated to hexa and hexb.

Another cool thing is that you can split your hexa or hexb. Myself. I don't drink tea and have minimum milk I can in my cereal most certainly nowhere near the milk requirement. So you can use half a hexa on milk and other half on cheese. Or for hexb can use one Alpen light bar and one Bread, instead of using your hexb for maybe one day 2 Alpen lights or 2 slices ww bread.

Below il post two days of intake on EE I did :)

Breakfast
1 sachet original oatso simple hexb
Semi skimmed milk 1/2 hexa
Chopped banana

Lunch
Scrambled egg made with 1 egg, baked beans, mushrooms and red onions, 1 mandarin orange

Dinner
Pasta and meatballs - wholemeal pasta, passata, oregano, red chilli, ground cumin, extra lean mince, grated carrot, red onion, red pepper, garlic, mushrooms, salad leaves, 1/2 hexb low fat grated cheese

Dessert
Muller light with smashed up Alpen lights choc and orange (3)

Snack
slice of soreen banana bread (4.5)
4g flora light (0.5)

Hexa : 1/2 semi skimmed milk, 1/2 low fat grated cheese
Hexb : sachet oatso simple original
Syns : 8syns

Breakfast
Scrambled egg made with one egg, grilled mushrooms, baked beans, pancake (5) with a banana

Lunch
Hexb wholemeal bread with tinned tuna, chopped red onion, mandarin, kiwi and a slice of cheese for my hexa.

Dinner
Roast<3 roast skinless chicken, mashed plain potato, roast butternut squash, steamed green beans and broccoli, Yorkshire pudding (2.5), gravy (measured out 70ml (1)

Dessert
Muller light coconut yoghurt

Hexb wholemeal bread
Hexa cheese measured out
Syns 8.5
Fluids 5 pints water

I really enjoy trying sw and tbh I would love to be able to try it again but I don't have alot of money at the moment to cool from scratch all the time! Hope I explained it ok, it isn't as confusing as it sounds..but as for red/ green days not a clue!

Xx

I know about red and green days and these I think are where most people slip up on because it doesn't help with portion control.

A red day is where you can eat loads of meat/protein etc and minimal amount of carbs for instance if you have spaghetti bolognaise you would have loads of the 'meat' and a tiny amount of pasta however if you had this on a green day you'd have loads of pasta or rice and then a tiny bit of meat.

I have explained that completely rubbish but when I tried SW many moons ago I lost 2lbs in 6 weeks, all there was were red and green days and I didn't get on too well.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I did SW for nearly a year and a half so ask away ladies !!

I only stopped coz it was waaay too expensive!!

Ruth
X

Hey girls I tries sw although only did two full days as I felt it needed alot more prep time and a bit more cash which I dont have at the moment to buy the fruit and veg and also to cook from scratch alot of the time.

However I think the plan itself is great, I only tried the EE plan as the red and green days confused me...but I think if you got the book it would be simple!

EE is basically the plan where you can have any of the 'free' foods which are listed in this post but your talking lean meat, fish, rice, pasta, cous cous, eggs, quark, Muller lights...loads more..but the requirement on EE is that 1/3 of your plate ought to be 'Superfree' which is basically fruit and veg apart from I think some veg which someone listed above which like ww isn't included in the free veg allowance.

There are also some convenience food which is free including bachelor savoury rices and the low fat super noodles.

So to summarise that your meals will consist of any free food you want but must have 1/3 of the plate/meal Superfree (fruit and veg) this is good as it really bangs into the idea of having fruit and veg which I know personally I lack alot of on ww!

Anything else you want to add to your meals which isn't free you must syn. Your allowed 15 a day, but must aim for 5-10. The basic formula is cals/20. It's not just cakes and crisps; treats etc you have to syn it could be your serving of gravy on your roast, extra slice of bread a day etc

Hexa and hexb is basically your calcium and bread (perhaps fibre/carb) requirement or the day. It's included so your not missing out on nutrients. Hexa is for your dairy you can have a certain amount of milk which can count for your hexa, can have it as cheese as well, there are alot more ideas on the sw forum how to use these. Hexb is for your bread/cereal type things: can use this on oatso simple, certain cereals, certain breads (ww bread is most common used by most sw people), Alpen lights cereal bars (2 make up your hexb). You must weigh your hexa and hexb. I think one hexa is 220ml of milk...for an example. But don't quote me on that as said on sw forum they have sub forums dedicated to hexa and hexb.

Another cool thing is that you can split your hexa or hexb. Myself. I don't drink tea and have minimum milk I can in my cereal most certainly nowhere near the milk requirement. So you can use half a hexa on milk and other half on cheese. Or for hexb can use one Alpen light bar and one Bread, instead of using your hexb for maybe one day 2 Alpen lights or 2 slices ww bread.

Below il post two days of intake on EE I did :)

Breakfast
1 sachet original oatso simple hexb
Semi skimmed milk 1/2 hexa
Chopped banana

Lunch
Scrambled egg made with 1 egg, baked beans, mushrooms and red onions, 1 mandarin orange

Dinner
Pasta and meatballs - wholemeal pasta, passata, oregano, red chilli, ground cumin, extra lean mince, grated carrot, red onion, red pepper, garlic, mushrooms, salad leaves, 1/2 hexb low fat grated cheese

Dessert
Muller light with smashed up Alpen lights choc and orange (3)

Snack
slice of soreen banana bread (4.5)
4g flora light (0.5)

Hexa : 1/2 semi skimmed milk, 1/2 low fat grated cheese
Hexb : sachet oatso simple original
Syns : 8syns

Breakfast
Scrambled egg made with one egg, grilled mushrooms, baked beans, pancake (5) with a banana

Lunch
Hexb wholemeal bread with tinned tuna, chopped red onion, mandarin, kiwi and a slice of cheese for my hexa.

Dinner
Roast<3 roast skinless chicken, mashed plain potato, roast butternut squash, steamed green beans and broccoli, Yorkshire pudding (2.5), gravy (measured out 70ml (1)

Dessert
Muller light coconut yoghurt

Hexb wholemeal bread
Hexa cheese measured out
Syns 8.5
Fluids 5 pints water

I really enjoy trying sw and tbh I would love to be able to try it again but I don't have alot of money at the moment to cool from scratch all the time! Hope I explained it ok, it isn't as confusing as it sounds..but as for red/ green days not a clue!

Xx

Awww thanks for this! this is great ......... ive found a meeting i can go to next wednesday so i can get the books etc ....... your so kind to take your time out to explain it all for me ;)

I did SW for nearly a year and a half so ask away ladies !!

I only stopped coz it was waaay too expensive!!

Ruth
X

Thanks Ruth! im guna go to a meeting on wednesday and get the books then do it at home. so ile be asking you lots of questions ;););):p

Well ladies !!!! i followed a pp week this week just gone ................... and i weighed myself this morning ... i gained FOUR POUNDS ......................... so im giving up on ww ... and im joining sw ... i dont think ww is working for me with my thyroid ... my weight is either static or goes up ... i mean, come on who gains FOUR POUND in one week wen ive stuck to the points religiously !!!

xx xx

hopefully SW works for you xx my friend does it and she lost 5lbs recently

Im suprised i havent given up ... but i feel like i need a plan to follow or i wont eat, before i started ww i barely ate and thats why i gained weight ......... sad init? ile still be using this as my diary so you wont be gettin rid of me that easily ...... xxx

**** man what's going on? :(

I'm still wondering what to do. I might let u be SW ginuea pig:)

Hope your ok matey

I have no friggin idea :( .... i was reeeeally good this week too .. usually i cheat a fair bit but this week i didnt !!! and FOUR POUND on !!!! so ww can ef off ........ ile go slimming world and give you the low down !! Im ok, i think im use to it all now, sts and gaining is all i see to do on ww LOL :rolleyes:

4lb? That can't be right! Holy moly!! What the flip!? X

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

I knooooowwwww! :eek: i dont get it myself either ....... i kept standin on n off and it just kept coming back at 9st8 !!! i was 9st4 last week :(:(:(:(:(:(

That is so wrong Claire!!!!

Definitely give SW a go!!!

Just remember that its definitely a false gain and dont get disheartened!!!!

Ruth
x

That is so wrong Claire!!!!

Definitely give SW a go!!!

Just remember that its definitely a false gain and dont get disheartened!!!!

Ruth
x

Cheers Ruth, i dont think i ate enough to gain 4lb ... i assume it may be thyroid connected ....... but im ok, im actually quite looking forward to joining slimming world for a nice change ... been doin ww nearly a year now .... :eek: im avin a nice weekend away from diet altho i still count points in my head haha xxxxx

Don't you have to eat an extra 3500cals to gain ONE pound? There's no way you gained 4lb. Your thyroid is making things mental lately it seems. Glad you're keeping positive hon!! Lemme know how you find SW :) xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Yeah i recon its thyroid too sarah ... i wish id have pigged out atleast id have somethin to show for my 4lb gain ... haha !!!!

hiii :) yeah i've been awol for ages n off the wagon for a lonnnnnng time - shoot me lmao ;)

firstly claire this "friend" needs her head seeing too if she's not bothered about loosing a friend like you, secondly i'll defo help with the pinning down of this "friend" if its still going on :p heeheehee

thirdly, is the weight gain your body telling you that you need to stop loosing weight n just maintain the weight you are - just a thought because i know that the body can plateau sometimes

hope you're feeling better now - i can't imagine what the nausea is doing to your diabetes eek ... i'll add you on facebook so you can chat if you want as i'm on there all the time - also if you need to ***** or moan or anything i can meet up with you as i'm at uni near to your work ((((hugs))))) :grouphugg: xxx

hiii :) yeah i've been awol for ages n off the wagon for a lonnnnnng time - shoot me lmao ;)

firstly claire this "friend" needs her head seeing too if she's not bothered about loosing a friend like you, secondly i'll defo help with the pinning down of this "friend" if its still going on :p heeheehee

thirdly, is the weight gain your body telling you that you need to stop loosing weight n just maintain the weight you are - just a thought because i know that the body can plateau sometimes

hope you're feeling better now - i can't imagine what the nausea is doing to your diabetes eek ... i'll add you on facebook so you can chat if you want as i'm on there all the time - also if you need to ***** or moan or anything i can meet up with you as i'm at uni near to your work ((((hugs))))) :grouphugg: xxx

Aahhhhh Anna, wen i got your request i knew id seen your face somewhere but couldnt quite rem !!! ile add ya now ;)

Thanks so much for your advice! Ooooo, i may well take u up on that offer ... my friends are dwindling ... lol ............ feel free to help pin her down! shes not been in touch for days now ...... hope your well xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back