SITC giving JUDDD a go

Paulinegin said:
Mon, that's the EASY bit! :D It's going to the gym which is the toughie .... ;)

P x

Its finding something that u dont actually hate i think which is the key to regular exercise. I used to think the gym was only option but then i joined a boot camp and really loved it. I got fitter and realised i could run and enjoyed it so eventually i left that too, and now i run and cycle and have my jillian micheals circuit dvd that i love and can do on my ownn for free :)
Not dissing gyms at all as for some they are perfect and i will prob join again jn winter when its too wet to run. Would fully recommend dvd's though, am goin to order a yoga one when im back as really want to give it a try xx

I did go to the gym, in fact I have joined it twice in my lifetime, but only stay about 3 months and then I get bored. I do have a cross trainer, a rowing machine and some power plates here, but never seem to get to use them.... I do really hate exercise. We used to go geocaching a lot and so walked quite a few miles in a weekend, but since being diagnosed with ME and Plantar Facilitis haven't really done much walking....

I did go to the gym, in fact I have joined it twice in my lifetime, but only stay about 3 months and then I get bored. I do have a cross trainer, a rowing machine and some power plates here, but never seem to get to use them.... I do really hate exercise. We used to go geocaching a lot and so walked quite a few miles in a weekend, but since being diagnosed with ME and Plantar Facilitis haven't really done much walking....

I can't sympathise with the ME, but i do have plantar fasciitis... and its agonisingly painful =( I was on holiday in birmingham in early july (shopping holiday so LOTS OF WALKING) and it plagued me with pain! Every night I had to sit with my feet in an ICE COLD bath just to get a tiny bit of relief :( I went to the doctor years ago with the pain and he said i was overweight plain and simple. Went to a podiatrist privately cause I was so desperate, she was sympathetic, knew exactly what it was, and helped me manage it a lot better.

I can't sympathise with the ME, but i do have plantar fasciitis... and its agonisingly painful =( I was on holiday in birmingham in early july (shopping holiday so LOTS OF WALKING) and it plagued me with pain! Every night I had to sit with my feet in an ICE COLD bath just to get a tiny bit of relief :( I went to the doctor years ago with the pain and he said i was overweight plain and simple. Went to a podiatrist privately cause I was so desperate, she was sympathetic, knew exactly what it was, and helped me manage it a lot better.

My rheumatologist and the Surgical Appliances guy said it was nothing to do with my weight. The rheumatologist did say I could have injections in my heel but it would be very painful, so I politely declined, so I have now got things in my shoes, but they dont seem to make too much difference, kind of wishing I had said yes to the injections now!!

I used to go to gym 3 - 5x per week in my single/child free days. Now I just can't get motivated to excercise. I either have to get up at 5am to do before kids get up or after 8pm when kids in bed. Neither appeal to me. I love my sleep too much. And by 8pm I'm looking forward to chilling before bed! If hubby on 8pm fin I'll be getting our tea ready!

Excuses excuses eh? ;oD

Evening all( wish I knew how to multi
Quote so I could reply to everyone!)

Have had an enjoyable UD....
Brekkie- 3 scrambled eggs
Lunch- chicken and cous cous salad
Dinner- 2 pieces of breaded fish with a massive salad consisting of lettuce, pepper, tomato, onion, olives and feta cheese.
Snacks-strawbs and red grapes
2 cupcakes baked by my own fair hands :)

Thanks for the comments on the photos- I'm not where i wanna be but as long as the love handles are getting smaller I'm happy :). I'm just so LAZY at times- I hate exercise that involves lots of jumping around, I detest running, the gym bores the life out of me and I easily lose interest in things like zumba! Honestly I think my fav exercise is just getting out and walking! I have a dog but he's badly injured his right paw and is resting up so I've not been walking as much as I used to with him.

DD tomorrow, seriously looking forward to it :)

sliminthecity said:
Evening all( wish I knew how to multi
Quote so I could reply to everyone!)

Have had an enjoyable UD....
Brekkie- 3 scrambled eggs
Lunch- chicken and cous cous salad
Dinner- 2 pieces of breaded fish with a massive salad consisting of lettuce, pepper, tomato, onion, olives and feta cheese.
Snacks-strawbs and red grapes
2 cupcakes baked by my own fair hands :)

Thanks for the comments on the photos- I'm not where i wanna be but as long as the love handles are getting smaller I'm happy :). I'm just so LAZY at times- I hate exercise that involves lots of jumping around, I detest running, the gym bores the life out of me and I easily lose interest in things like zumba! Honestly I think my fav exercise is just getting out and walking! I have a dog but he's badly injured his right paw and is resting up so I've not been walking as much as I used to with him.

DD tomorrow, seriously looking forward to it :)

Wow babe what a healthy controlled UD, im so impressed! Do u feel satisfied? Last meal in crete tonight and i have been AWFUL!! Chips and bread at dinner and then a MASSiVE ice cream and some oreos after. Wouldnt be that bothered except my date has now been changed to THIS sunday :-( Bang goes the time i thought i had to sort it out and be nrly at goal! Once i weigh myself on thurs morning i will decide but i think am gona end up having 2 DDs in a row. Know ur not sposed to but my friend is after going to london on fri day to look at bridal dpt in selfridges (she is actually getting married not just being odd!) but that'll inevitably mean lunch and probs booze too :-sr

Having a seriousf freak out. Pls god let tomorrows DD and my thurs WI make me chill out a bit i will cry and end up cancelling the date! Xxx

Ps so sorry cor blubbing all over ur diary!

Not so
Controlled anymore.....I've just had lots of sugary sweets and another couple of chocolates( I never normally have things like that in the house, stupid birthday lol) ended up binning the rest of the chocs and should prob do the same with the sweeties! I don't even really like jelly beans and all that kinda stuff but if it's there I'll
Just shovel it down! I felt satisfied before I had them now I just feel bloated and uncomfortable( I will learn one of these days!)

Noooooo, don't cancel your date. Don't put your life on hold until the day you reach goal, seriously I understand you want to go on that date feeling amazing but you could miss out on the chance of meeting someone amazing!! Imagine if P had cancelled her date with what was to become her future hubby!( hi P :)

It's the ice cream talking just now you'll feel better after a good down day.

sliminthecity said:
Not so
Controlled anymore.....I've just had lots of sugary sweets and another couple of chocolates( I never normally have things like that in the house, stupid birthday lol) ended up binning the rest of the chocs and should prob do the same with the sweeties! I don't even really like jelly beans and all that kinda stuff but if it's there I'll
Just shovel it down! I felt satisfied before I had them now I just feel bloated and uncomfortable( I will learn one of these days!)

Noooooo, don't cancel your date. Don't put your life on hold until the day you reach goal, seriously I understand you want to go on that date feeling amazing but you could miss out on the chance of meeting someone amazing!! Imagine if P had cancelled her date with what was to become her future hubby!( hi P :)

It's the ice cream talking just now you'll feel better after a good down day.

You are a v wise lady! Feel better today and have actually concluded that in the frand scheme of thins, what i had was not THAT bad! I shall do my date but instead of an UD, thur is going to become anther DD or an ID as have got social stuff on the fri and sun now.
Know how u feel re 'if its there i'll eat it!' I am c much like that, in fact prob all the people on here can relate to that. We'll learn. If it makes us feel pants we'll eventually stop doing it. I still think u did really well chick xxx

Last edited:
CL

I was about to shout the same as SITC (hi SITC :)!) 'Don't cancel your date!!'.

Seriously, don't. A couple of days won't make any significant difference to your weightloss.

Go have some fun, gal :D

P x

Paulinegin said:
CL

I was about to shout the same as SITC (hi SITC :)!) 'Don't cancel your date!!'.

Seriously, don't. A couple of days won't make any significant difference to your weightloss.

Go have some fun, gal :D

P x

Thanks m'dear. You are so right. I've just lost all confidence in myself! I shall have to rely on my witty conversationl skills if all else fails, yikes :-s xxx

Caroline_Louise said:
Thanks m'dear. You are so right. I've just lost all confidence in myself! I shall have to rely on my witty conversationl skills if all else fails, yikes :-s xxx

You'll be grand :) where are you off to on your date anyway? Is it coffee/dinner? Exciting stuff :)
Oh and welcome home!

sliminthecity said:
You'll be grand :) where are you off to on your date anyway? Is it coffee/dinner? Exciting stuff :)
Oh and welcome home!

Not home yet, sitting in the airport in crete-how glam!

It was sposed to be lunch but now its bank hol wkend he was thinking of just staying in a hotel so we could have dinner and a few drinks. Tbh thats preferable to me, a drink is required for confidence purposes lol!

How is ur DD going hun? Xx

Last edited:
DD is going great- I just find DDs easier lol im so used to that guilty feeling when I've eaten chocolate etc and it's still hard to shake that on an UD mad eh?!

Yeah a wee tipple will give you a wee bit of Dutch courage just remember to keep your wits about you though( I know I'm a liability after a few too many!) I'm excited for you :)

Hope you had a great flight home.

And for anyone who is following and knows about my job hunting I got another days work today, yaayyyy, it's for Tuesday :)

sliminthecity said:
DD is going great- I just find DDs easier lol im so used to that guilty feeling when I've eaten chocolate etc and it's still hard to shake that on an UD mad eh?!

Yeah a wee tipple will give you a wee bit of Dutch courage just remember to keep your wits about you though( I know I'm a liability after a few too many!) I'm excited for you :)

Hope you had a great flight home.

And for anyone who is following and knows about my job hunting I got another days work today, yaayyyy, it's for Tuesday :)

DD's def easier! Today i had had 2 coffees, 3 diet cokes and a cambridge shake and thats me done! Nice not panicking about calories like i do on an UD. Its messed uo isnt it how we can't totally enjoy food yet without worrying. Im gettin there though, i think!

Great news re ur days work, go you! Must be a bit soul destroyig having to be on the search so well done for persisting :)

I shall have all my wits (not many there to begin with!) on sun dont u worry. I will only have a glass so can still drive until im satisfied he is not a crazy/boring/horrible and that i can happily spend the whole eve with him. Im excited but sooo scared. We have such a fab rapport over phone/skype im scared meeting might shatter things for us! I think though, at the very least i will come out of this with a new friend so its fine! Xxx

Well hopefully you'll get on just as well in person and there will
Be some romance ;) but like you say if you come away at the end with a new pal then that's great too :)

The job hunting malarky is pretty time consuming but sitting waiting for the phone to ring would be much more soul destroying, at least this way I'm being pro-active :) ( and it keeps the bf quiet if he knows I'm looking!)

I had a nice meal of cod with parsley sauce and cauliflower/broccoli and still have a good few cals to spare for later. I can't do it in drips and drabs on a down day- it just doesn't satisfy me and the thought of my meal keeps me going! :)

Off to Hoover the flat as the dog is casting everywhere!!! The joys....

sliminthecity said:
Well hopefully you'll get on just as well in person and there will
Be some romance ;) but like you say if you come away at the end with a new pal then that's great too :)

The job hunting malarky is pretty time consuming but sitting waiting for the phone to ring would be much more soul destroying, at least this way I'm being pro-active :) ( and it keeps the bf quiet if he knows I'm looking!)

I had a nice meal of cod with parsley sauce and cauliflower/broccoli and still have a good few cals to spare for later. I can't do it in drips and drabs on a down day- it just doesn't satisfy me and the thought of my meal keeps me going! :)

Off to Hoover the flat as the dog is casting everywhere!!! The joys....

Same as, i would rather stave off hunger all day then go to bed not feelig hungry. Ur dina sounds lush. Was it one of those cook in the bag jobbjes (the cod i mean) as i love them! In fact as i am doing an ID tomoz i might get some. Aiming not to eat until as late as poss then i can have a big salad for lunch and then maybe the cod for dins.

Just skyped with webcam, i was soooo nervous and was wearig my specs, doh! But he said he 'hello gorgeous' so am hoping thats a good sign lol.

I hall plow my way through house clean and food shop tomoz. A weeks worth of dust, washing and then fighting my way trough sainsburys should burn some cals! X

sliminthecity said:
Yeah it was the bags- only 96 cals per bag And I had 2 :)

Its on the shopping list!

I was on bbs good food website last night for ideas, not sensible on a DD-my tum was seriously growly by the end!
But i am going to make a lush soup for todays ID, carrot and coriander only 112cals per bowl!

Back