Size 10 screaming to get out!!

Things like muscle mass, bone density and metabolism will affect how much a person weighs, don't compare yourself to the 7 stone girl, she does sound rather underweight to me as well!

It's defo fleas. Unless either I didn't put it on properly - not really that difficult is it though - or he had fleas first - but then that seems unlikely as he went to 2 vets and neither said?? Does it actually kill existing ones or just prevent them? How does it even work??? He might have caught them from the cats or the gross half bits of mice and shrews they leave all over the garden.

Anyway, he's got a spray bottle today to stop him yipping and biting at feet and skirts. He's gonna love me....!

And in other news, I had a bit of chicken and a meal replacement for breakfast followed by a rather large bowl of my farty soup for lunch. Erm, then a custard doughnut *sigh, sigh, sigh* :eek:. It's like crack or something this sudden cake or cake related product addiction...x

That's so odd :( my mum and I have always used it with all our cats and dogs and it always worked :(
It gets in the blood through the skin so kills any fleas you already have when it bites you and new fleas can't feed off you because you are poisonous - hence no fleas

LMAO at the spray bottle! aww mummy you meanie ;)

Well it's interesting you say that. I was having a chat with 3 other girls here earlier who all said that they were 10 stone exactly. Two of them are shorter than me by a couple of inches and the other is about my height. One in particular has a lovely figure and I almost fell over when she said she was 10 stone but then she used to be a dancer. The others both look skinnier than me and I weigh OVER HALF A STONE less than them. I don't get it - is it in my head?? I'd like to say it was and I admit I may have been slightly fishing for compliments. It backfired as they all said well if you're not happy with your body then do some exercise (grrrr). There's absolutely no way I look as slim as them. And no, I don't think I do want to be as skinny as skinny girl really as she practically disappears when she turns sideways. She is 18 - perhaps poetic justice will come and slap her in the face in a few years and all the crap she eats will come back threefold (that happened to my ex-boyfriend). Oh, I'm so bloaty....bleurgh....sittin' in the office on my own attempting to work but actually sitting on here....;) x

Taco has been de-flea'd (again) but with Bob Martin stuff this time - hope it's effective? Totally mortified as the PC who sits behind me said she had a couple on her when she got home yesterday - what am I going to do? He's infesting the office. People will complain. I need to buy flea bombs tonight. Did all his office bedding with the spray last night. It is at times like this that a) I really wish I'd never got a puppy and b) I want to eat chips and ice-cream and sausage rolls :(:(:(. He has started to nip on occasion as well but not in play and as soon as I come in from my meeting, everyone at work starts telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing and what he's done wrong and it does my head in. They should just leave him to sleep in his crate when I'm not here (of course I'm massively grateful so this makes it more annoying!!).

Oh, changing the subject though, I went to a different Tescos today and have bought the elusive raspberry bars so they will be a bit different. I'm having smoked mackerel fillets for lunch with a touch of mayo and 2 flatbreads. I know it's carbs but so was the doughnut and I'm sure the flatbreads are healthier (6.9g carb/42 cals each). Hope everyone's day is better than mine so far *sigh*. I have a meeting in stupid Colchester later so God knows what the dog will have done by the time I get back from there....x

Jubbly said:
Taco has been de-flea'd (again) but with Bob Martin stuff this time - hope it's effective? Totally mortified as the PC who sits behind me said she had a couple on her when she got home yesterday - what am I going to do? He's infesting the office. People will complain. I need to buy flea bombs tonight. Did all his office bedding with the spray last night. It is at times like this that a) I really wish I'd never got a puppy and b) I want to eat chips and ice-cream and sausage rolls :(:(:(. He has started to nip on occasion as well but not in play and as soon as I come in from my meeting, everyone at work starts telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing and what he's done wrong and it does my head in. They should just leave him to sleep in his crate when I'm not here (of course I'm massively grateful so this makes it more annoying!!).

Oh, changing the subject though, I went to a different Tescos today and have bought the elusive raspberry bars so they will be a bit different. I'm having smoked mackerel fillets for lunch with a touch of mayo and 2 flatbreads. I know it's carbs but so was the doughnut and I'm sure the flatbreads are healthier (6.9g carb/42 cals each). Hope everyone's day is better than mine so far *sigh*. I have a meeting in stupid Colchester later so God knows what the dog will have done by the time I get back from there....x

Oh hun I know your frustration, damn animals! I love my cats but sometimes I wish I didn't have them pissing all over the house :(
That is odd for the fleas I always found frontline worked great :(
Oh no naughty little nipper!!
Sorry he's being a pain in the butt :(

Aw thanks Carly, he's not being too naughty today really, it's just more frustrating that he has fleas and that everybody keeps telling me what to do with him. We are trying a different puppy class tomorrow so that should help. Actually he's been conked out all afternoon - I think the humidity is too much for him. He looks sweet in his new little harness. I am SO FAT I am no way going to weigh in tomorrow if I feel like this. It will turn me to comfort eating.

In other news I have taken over the tuck shop so have spent a good long while in the crisps, biscuits and chocolate aisle at Tesco!! x

Honestly, Taco's just a little baby and your coworkers sound like the obnoxious ones. Do they pester Taco while you're away? I'd put a sign up on his kennel that says "don't bloody touch my dog!"

missfortissimo said:
Honestly, Taco's just a little baby and your coworkers sound like the obnoxious ones. Do they pester Taco while you're away? I'd put a sign up on his kennel that says "don't bloody touch my dog!"

Yeah poor baby Taco, ignore them :) x

Well it's not that they're trying to be unhelpful, they just want to play with him as he's cute and as some of them own dogs themselves they are trying to give me advice but it's frankly a bit annoying. I should be more grateful really. Lord knows what it's like with a baby.

Too scared to WI this morning :eek:. Naughty Clare.....x

Thought of you and chuckled as walked to tesco miami roundabout and bought 8 boxes of bars! they had loads in stock so I didn't buy them all in case you wanted some hehehe xxx

Heehee, they have restocked at the Riverside Tesco now but strangely never have the raspberry ones??? I got my current batch of bars from the one near Great Notley. I have never been to the Miami roundabout one - they're all yours there. Just don't come to my patch or else (turf wars!!!)!!

I plucked up the courage expecting to be about 9 stone 8 lbs this morning. I was still 9 stone 5lbs phew. Considering horrid heavy TOTM I'm hopeful I can lose for next week if I'm not too bad. Mind you, a 2lb loss in 5 weeks isn't much to get excited about, but then it could be worse. I appear to have started maintaining before I got to target!! In good news though, I made some raspberry and apricot jam the other night and have bought some in so we are all going to sample it with some scones at lunch time (and I might get a Victoria sponge as well). That's defo not diet food. This diary shouldn't really be in the Exante bit at all anymore should it.....??

Loads of love to all and remember - it's FRIDAY yippee!!! And the sun's out, even better :):):) xx

Jubbly said:
Heehee, they have restocked at the Riverside Tesco now but strangely never have the raspberry ones??? I got my current batch of bars from the one near Great Notley. I have never been to the Miami roundabout one - they're all yours there. Just don't come to my patch or else (turf wars!!!)!!

I plucked up the courage expecting to be about 9 stone 8 lbs this morning. I was still 9 stone 5lbs phew. Considering horrid heavy TOTM I'm hopeful I can lose for next week if I'm not too bad. Mind you, a 2lb loss in 5 weeks isn't much to get excited about, but then it could be worse. I appear to have started maintaining before I got to target!! In good news though, I made some raspberry and apricot jam the other night and have bought some in so we are all going to sample it with some scones at lunch time (and I might get a Victoria sponge as well). That's defo not diet food. This diary shouldn't really be in the Exante bit at all anymore should it.....??

Loads of love to all and remember - it's FRIDAY yippee!!! And the sun's out, even better :):):) xx

Lol yes it should be here! To encourage us through evil TS to the joys of maintaining :D
Keep it up missy ;)

Right, WI tomorrow whether I like it or not (although despite naughty KFC on Monday, have not been quite as bad so fingers massively crossed for that next mini-goal....). Sorry I have abandoned you all of late (and so much to catch up on your diaries!!) but simply feel like not really on D.I.E.T. at the mo, if that makes sense. Food choices not great and still missing out on the fruit and veg - for instance, today I have had a meal replacement bar for brekkies followed by some ham at lunchtime then a sneaky slice of toast with a spread of peanut butter and jam. But hey, peanuts and jam are kinda healthy right?? Yesterday I had mackeral on crispbreads for dinner and chicken for breakfast (so random, NOBODY has chicken for breakfast). xx

Well I've only gone and done it - I've reached my original target weight of 9 stone 4 lbs :D:D:D. YIPPEE!!!! Chicken Satay vermicelli noodles for lunch to celebrate :eek:. Oh chicken - you may be dull but you are my best friend!! AND I had a naughty double caramel magnum yesterday as well for dinner instead of the protein fest I was going to have. MUST buy vegetables or will get scurvy...

For last five weeks have now lost 1lb every alternative week?? Still, that means 8 weeks to get to renewed target if I continue at that rate. If I can eat ice-cream on occasion I can live with that amount of time!! xx

Back