Size 10 screaming to get out!!

Jubbly said:
Argh - now eaten two pork pies, a cookie, a bit of flapjack, a bit of cake, another bit of cake and a couple of marshmallows today. And a yoghurt. No wonder I feel so tired all the time. Even just eating chicken all the time wasn't this unhealthy. I can't seem to stop myself!! Rubbish. What can I possibly eat tonight to try and rectify this??

Why don't you try SW Hun I've never ate so healthily no crisps or takeaway for over 3 weeks now :)

*Sigh* I need something. Just to make it all worse, when I try and console myself by saying my BMI is 22 and my weight is NORMAL so it's all OK and I still fit into a size 12, the bridesmaids dresses day just makes me feel a thousand times worse. Measurements on their scale at the first shop came out as top end of 14 for waist and hips and a 16 on the bust (40"). Which doesn't make any sense as some of my clothes are a size 10. So in a desperate attempt to try and understand it all I read a webpage which was explaning all about clothes sizes and how clothes in a 12 are basically a 16 in their waist measurements and we are all deceiving ourselves in vain attempts to think we are thinner than we are. I hasten to add it was all written by a man. Thank God the second shop said I came out as a size 12 - which makes NO sense at all considering I had just had lunch and their measurements came out as SMALLER than the first place. It's enough to send you mad seriously. Anyway the upshot is that I need to lose some serious inches and stop obsessing about the scales (just the tape measure instead now!!!). Perhaps less cake would help?? xx

Ergh. No need to say why I'm on here after such a long time. Seems that eating tonnes of food over a couple of months makes you put on weight. Who knew??

So, sarcasm aside, I now have 12lbs to go. AGAIN. For the SIXTH or so time.......

Jubbly said:
Ergh. No need to say why I'm on here after such a long time. Seems that eating tonnes of food over a couple of months makes you put on weight. Who knew??

So, sarcasm aside, I now have 12lbs to go. AGAIN. For the SIXTH or so time.......

Hey darling sorry you're back x what's the diet plan?

No diet plan. Had MacDonalds for lunch which last I checked, wasn't part of any known diet plan. However I did go for a jog yesterday and hope to keep this up. Very short jog but A START and may go again tomorrow. Meanwhile just try and keep off chocolate at work and have some low cal microwave meals for dinner at home. No more Exante/Cambridge - I think I may just be through with VLCDs. Having said that, they will be last resort in October if I need the weight off quickly for this bridesmaid thingy...

Jubbly said:
No diet plan. Had MacDonalds for lunch which last I checked, wasn't part of any known diet plan. However I did go for a jog yesterday and hope to keep this up. Very short jog but A START and may go again tomorrow. Meanwhile just try and keep off chocolate at work and have some low cal microwave meals for dinner at home. No more Exante/Cambridge - I think I may just be through with VLCDs. Having said that, they will be last resort in October if I need the weight off quickly for this bridesmaid thingy...

Yeah ive given up vlcds too, have you looked at the couch to 5k thing (there's an app etc if you have an iPhone) it helps you build up to 5k from nothing in 8 weeks :)

Just read the above and guess what???? I'm back on a VLCD. I just can't leave the things alone can I? Anyone would think I should just give up by now surely. But as I put very prophetically above, I need it for the last minute 6 week desperation to get the weight off for the wedding. I have not WI for WEEKS literally and feel GROSS. I did go through a stage of eating lots of fruit and for lunch, wholemeal pittas with chicken and salad and houmous. I actually felt good. I think I may have lost a couple of lbs. But then the daily choccie bar started creeping in again. And anyway I need to lose MORE weight FASTER to even have any chance of looking half decent in these pictures at the wedding. Needless to say I'm breaking it next weekend for the hen do!!!! I'm starving, cold and have a horrid sense of deja vu. I'd like to think I'm around 10.7 stone but I think I'm kidding myself and am nearer 11 stone. EVERYONE at work has had their say today about how I shouldn't be doing VLCD and what they think I should do instead, how unhealthy VLCDs are and how I have poor body image etc etc etc. It was literally the subject of discussion for over an hour. I know they might be right but can't seem to stay away. Someone here is doing WW with an iPhone app and she's lost about the same amount I lose on Exante in the same time (as I always have crappy losses) so maybe that'll be my next option, should I ever get an iPhone. Anyway, no dinner means I'm getting work done tonight instead of going home smelling food so at least I'm productive. Oh, and the jogging lasted about 4-5 sessions before we gave up *tsk*. How's everyone else doing.....? x

Oh and another thought to add to above, what depresses me the most, as I've said before, is this feeling that although I'm a fairly intelligent person (or so I like to think) and not what I consider a gullible type, I have got so sucked into the whole dieting thing for years now and it's really stupid I think. But someone, somewhere, is making money out of me and people like me and I resent that and yet I don't know what to do. Or maybe I do and I don't want to do it or feel unable to do it. Humph.

Righto. WI this morning 3 days into diet as a "starting point". Have "remained" the same as 2 months ago on 10 stone 5lb though suspect have been going up and down like a yo-yo in reality during that period. Actually nowhere as bad as I was thinking I was. Have some chicken (oh lord) for dinner, other than that I've been 100% TS which of course I'm not meant to be as BMI 24.1. Fingers crossed for 10 stone next weekend (hen do) then 9 stone 7 or under for 16/11/12 (wedding). Back in THE ZONE. Hurrah! x

How come BI calculators come up with different results with every different site you use? You'd have thought it would be standardised????

OK so it's out there - I have had some chicken yesterday and today and tomorrow I'm having some roast chicken with some green veg and ewwww no gravy or potatoes or yorkshires. From Monday, nowt but shakes/bars. Felt lightheaded, dizzy and cold today. Have only drunk about 2 litres of Coke Zero as well. Can drink water at work fine but it tastes funny here so no much water intake over the weekend. x

Wow where is everybody? I guess everyone's bored of my dieting......
This time round seems the easiest yet. Just slip right back into the habit of it (not sure if this is a good thing). Don't think I've lost any weight yet. Should stop with the chicken as when I didn't do all the cheating last time I didn't lose so much so quickly. MUST lose as much as poss before Friday...x

Jubbly said:
Wow where is everybody? I guess everyone's bored of my dieting......
This time round seems the easiest yet. Just slip right back into the habit of it (not sure if this is a good thing). Don't think I've lost any weight yet. Should stop with the chicken as when I didn't do all the cheating last time I didn't lose so much so quickly. MUST lose as much as poss before Friday...x

Lol no I think we're just all off the wagon lmao glad you're doing well :)

Helloooo *waves*. You're not off the wagon, you're on SW aren't you?? How are you?? And how's Gaga??
I'm doing OK but then I guess I'd be better if I didn't have the need to be back on here again. It all went wrong really around May this year when I look back over it and I stopped WI for ages. Wish I'd just nipped it in the bud back then *sigh*. Still, only a stone to go (again) - the same stone over and over again. I swear I LOOK like I'm about 2 stone more though....x

Jubbly said:
Helloooo *waves*. You're not off the wagon, you're on SW aren't you?? How are you?? And how's Gaga??
I'm doing OK but then I guess I'd be better if I didn't have the need to be back on here again. It all went wrong really around May this year when I look back over it and I stopped WI for ages. Wish I'd just nipped it in the bud back then *sigh*. Still, only a stone to go (again) - the same stone over and over again. I swear I LOOK like I'm about 2 stone more though....x

Lol no off all wagons at the moment :) yeah I'm loads heavier again :S gaga's doing good :)

Swear have not lost ANY weight. Boo says I said this last time. Feel FATTER than when I started *sigh*. Could be coming up to TOTM??? Dunno as this stupid diet always messes with my periods. Must be pre-menstrual as feel very, very tetchy....! x

WI tomorrow. Not hopeful. Will update. Would LIKE to have lost 5lbs but feel this is unlikely. Torturing myself with pictures of food tonight online....x

Well there we go, I was right to not be hopeful. A measly 3lb loss over 7 days. Boo. I wonder whether, this being the third time over a year and a half, my body is giving up and getting sick of trying to lose lots of weight in one go....? x

So I broke the diet as arranged the weekend just gone and now I'm back on it again and I think I'm actually ruining my body this time round as I have the second sore throat and cold type stuff in the last few weeks, feel so run down with ZERO energy and no concentration, a backache and my TOTM STILL hasn't come although it's made a sort of pre-show appearance a couple of times. I feel fatter than ever. Because of the break in diet I'm unlikely to have lost anything but this wedding is getting closer. For the first time ever I'm really reconsidering even being on this anymore, I didn't really want to go on it again in the first place. I feel sooooooooo UNHEALTHY. I just want to curl up and sleep for 2 weeks. Having said this the photos at the weekend indicate that despite having a "normal" BMI I actually look overweight bordering on obese so on I go....(and I'm not exaggerating I genuinely look really really big in some of them). *sigh*

Jubbly said:
So I broke the diet as arranged the weekend just gone and now I'm back on it again and I think I'm actually ruining my body this time round as I have the second sore throat and cold type stuff in the last few weeks, feel so run down with ZERO energy and no concentration, a backache and my TOTM STILL hasn't come although it's made a sort of pre-show appearance a couple of times. I feel fatter than ever. Because of the break in diet I'm unlikely to have lost anything but this wedding is getting closer. For the first time ever I'm really reconsidering even being on this anymore, I didn't really want to go on it again in the first place. I feel sooooooooo UNHEALTHY. I just want to curl up and sleep for 2 weeks. Having said this the photos at the weekend indicate that despite having a "normal" BMI I actually look overweight bordering on obese so on I go....(and I'm not exaggerating I genuinely look really really big in some of them). *sigh*

I bet you don't! I expect it's only you that feels like that x

Back