SJ's 2011 Food Diary

Im struggling big time though hun. Green days dont seem to be agreeing with me! Going to have to bite the bullet and get back on red days starting Sunday me thinks.

10th June 2011 - Green

Breakfast - 28g Bran Flakes (B) with skimmed milk (A) and sweetener.

Lunch - Spicey Curry Pot Noodle in a Mug. 2 Alpen Light Bars (B). 1/4 punnet of strawberries.

Dinner - Potato curry* (4) and boiled rice.

Snacks - Cups of tea with skimmed milk (from A allowance) and sweetener. Water with NAS squash. Mini Milky Bar (3.5).

Total Syns - 7.5

** Potato Curry ** Rooster potatos sliced into chunks and roasted in the oven for 30 minutes. Make the curry sauce by cooking mushrooms, onions, chilli's, peppers and adding it to chicken stock and mild curry powder. Add the potatos to the curry sauce and then add the potatos at the end and mix with creme freiche (4). Serve with boiled rice.

Last edited:
12th June 2011 - Red

Breakfast - 28g Bran Flakes with sliced banana and skimmed milk (A).

Lunch - 2 scrambled eggs with 28g of grated chedder cheese (A). 2 Alpen Light Bars (B).

Dinner - Roast beef, mixed vegetables and tomato sauce (1).

Snacks - Cups of tea with skimmed milk (from A allowance) and sweatener. 1.75ltrs of water with NAS squash. 1 Galaxy Bubbles Bar (8.5)

Total Syns - 9.5

Last edited:
13th June 2011 - Red

Breakfast - 2 Alpen Light Bars (B). 1 Raspberry Activia Snackpot. Asda fresh pineapple chunks.

Lunch - 3 Ryvita Multigrain (B) with 4 Dairylea Light Cheese Triangles (A). 1 bowl of home made tomato and pepper soup*.

Dinner - Salmon fillet, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots with 1 tbspn of Branston chilli and Jalapeneo sauce (1)

Snacks - Cups of tea with skimmed milk (A) and sweatener. 1.5 ltrs of water. 1 Galaxy Bubble Bar (8.5)

Total Syns - 9.5

** Tomato and Pepper Soup ** I carton of passata mixed with 1/2 pint of chicken stock. Add fried onions and red peppers to the passata and stock and blend until smooth. Mix the soup whilst adding in salt, pepper, chilli powder and paprika to taste.

Last edited:
14th June 2011 - Red

Breakfast - 2 Alpen Light Bars (B). 1 Raspberry Activia Snackpot. Asda fresh pineapple chunks.

Lunch - 4 Original Ryvitas (B) with 4 Dairylea Light Cheese Triangles (A). 1 bowl of home made tomato and pepper soup*. 1 necterine.

Dinner - Diced chicken breast cooked in 1 tbspn of reggae reggae sauce (1) with stirfried vegetables.

Snacks - Cups of tea with skimmed milk (A) and sweatener. 1.5 ltrs of water. Pepsi Max. Salt and Vinegar Quavers (4.5). Mini Milky Bar (3.5)

Total Syns - 9

** Tomato and Pepper Soup ** I carton of passata mixed with 1/2 pint of chicken stock. Add fried onions and red peppers to the passata and stock and blend until smooth. Mix the soup whilst adding in salt, pepper, chilli powder and paprika to taste.

Last edited:
Your red days are looking good! I think thats maybe what i need to do.
The scales have been looking good the past few days...until i had a huuuuge bowl of spag carbonara for lunch yesterday!! Halfway through it, i was full...but noo, i battled on through and scoffed the lot, tut tut!!
xx

Hey Zoe

Thanks hun, I feel the need to get some red days down me to kick start the weight loss again. Im in the right frame of mind for the moment (who knows how long that will last though!).

Mmmm spaghetti carbonara is lush, was it a SW friendly one? I wouldnt be able to leave any either as its so delish!

Hope your well x

Yeh me too, but I start to think of it more as a diet when I do red days, coz im restricting myself...n I love carbs too much. But your right, red days are a must to kick start the weight loss again.
Yeh the carbonara was SW friendly, but the portion was just humongous!!! Honestly it could have fed a family of four, lol xx

15th June 2011 - Red

Breakfast - 3 Pagan Krisprolls (B) with 1/2 tub of Asda GFY Natural Cottage Cheese. Asda fresh pineapple chunks. 1 Raspberry Activia Snackpot.

Lunch - 4 Original Ryvitas (B) with 1/2 tub of Asda GFY natural Cottage Cheese. 1 bowl of home made tomato and pepper soup*. 1 banana.

Dinner - 2 pork tenderloin steaks (fat removed) with 28g of melted chedder cheese (A) on top, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and 1 tspn of gravy granuals (1).

Snacks - Cups of tea with skimmed milk (A) and sweatener. 1.5 ltrs of water. Pepsi Max. Prawn Cocktail Quavers (4.5). Galaxy Bubble Bar (8.5)

Total Syns - 14

** Tomato and Pepper Soup ** 1 carton of passata mixed with 1/2 pint of chicken stock. Add fried onions and red peppers to the passata and stock and blend until smooth. Mix the soup whilst adding in salt, pepper, chilli powder and paprika to taste.

Last edited:
16th June 2011 - Red

Breakfast - 2 Alpen Light Bars (B). 1 Strawberry Activia Snackpot. 1 Necterine.

Lunch - 4 Original Ryvitas (B) with 4 Dairylea Light Cheese Triangles (A) and sliced cherry tomatos. 1 banana.

Dinner - Frying steak (fat removed) with cauliflower, broccoli and carrots.

Snacks - Cups of tea with skimmed milk (A) and sweatener. 1.5 ltrs of water. Pepsi Max. Galaxy Ripple (9)

Total Syns - 9

Last edited:
Yay! Lost 1lb this week, very happy considering I had Saturday as an off day plan. Must have been the red days and 'fart soup' ive been having. Same again next week me thinks! For now though, a green day is in order, I miss my carbs!

17th June 2011 - Green

Breakfast - 28g of Bran Flakes with chopped banana, sweetener and skimmed milk (A). 1 Raspberry Activia Snackpot.

Lunch - 2 Alpen Light Bars (B). 1 Chicken Mugshot. 1 necterine.

Dinner - 1/2 can of Asda Smart Price Chilli Con Carne (0.5) with added onions, mushrooms, cherry tomatos and a red chilli and boiled rice all topped with 42gof grated mozzarella cheese (A).

Snacks - Cups of tea with skimmed milk (from A allowance) and sweatener. 1.5 ltrs of water. Pepsi Max. Galaxy Bubble Bar (8.5). Mini Milky Bar (3.5)

Total Syns - 12.5

Last edited:
18th June 2011 - Red

Breakfast - 3 rashers of bacon (fat removed) with 'fried' cherry tomatos and mushrooms and tomato sauce (1).

Lunch - 1 Asda wholemeal pitta bread (B) with 2 scrambled eggs, tomato sauce (1) and 28g of grated chedder cheese (A).

Dinner - Salmon fillet, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.

Snacks - Cups of tea with skimmed milk (A) and sweatener. 1.75 ltrs of water with NAS lemon squash. 2 Alpen Light Bars (B).

Total Syns - 2

Last edited:
Sarah-Jayne said:
Thank you sweetie. Hope your having a good Friday x

Not so good, we had some terrible news...so have bn at the hospital most of thurs, fri n probs the rest of the weekend. I suppose it has stopped me snacking tho!
Hope youre having a better weekend x

19th June 2011 - Red

Breakfast - 28g of Bran Flakes (B) with sweetener, chopped banana and skimmed milk (A).

Lunch - 3 Pagan Krisprolls (B) with 4 Dairylea Light Cheese triangles (A).

Dinner - Chinese takeaway - Beef in black bean sauce (5) and beansprouts (5?)

Snacks - Cups of tea with skimmed milk (A). Water with NAS squash. Pepsi Max. 1 mini milky bar (3.5)

Total Syns - 13.5

Last edited:
20th June 2011 - Red

Breakfast - Oat So Simple (B) with sweetener and smimmed milk (A).

Lunch - 1 Asda wholemeal pitta bread (B) with 2 scrambled eggs and 28g of grated chedder cheese (A).

Dinner - Beef Bourguignon (3)*

Snacks - Cups of tea with skimmed milk (A). Water with NAS squash. Pepsi Max. Galaxy Bubble Bar (8.5)

Total Syns - 11.5

** Beef Bourguignon ** Cubed beef, 1/2 sachet of Crosse & Blackwell Beef Bourguignon mix (3) and diced casserole vegetables all mixed together and cooked in the oven for 2 hours.

Last edited:
Back