Skidding towards fifty!!

Pix1966

Hi everyone, I'm a returning member so I know it works. I have shed load of excuses for regaining the weight I lost before but in the end it's only me who eats what I eat...so no more excuses and time to get back in control.

I've just been on holiday where a surface in every direction was mirrored..even the inside of the toilet door! So I've had time to take a good hard look at myself, uncomfortable though that was! I turn 50 at the beginning of December and want to be Unafraid of the camera and feel healthier. I am coeliac too so any support from other people with this disease very welcome.

I know I do best when sharing my ramblings with others, and sharing their journeys too..so please feel free to post anything you like here - feeling a bit low and alone at the mo!

First day went well.. Even managed an unplanned trip to the pictures without any snacks! Feeling motivated - maybe this time I can do it.
Have my SW friendly shopping list ready for the supermarket ... If it's not on the list it's not going in the trolley!!

Have a good day everyone x

First day went well.. Even managed an unplanned trip to the pictures without any snacks! Feeling motivated - maybe this time I can do it.
Have my SW friendly shopping list ready for the supermarket ... If it's not on the list it's not going in the trolley!!

Have a good day everyone x

Glad it's going well so far! I joined SW on Monday so almost my first weigh in.

I have just done my shopping list and planned my meals for the week so hopefully will stick to plan!

Good luck! X

Glad it's going well so far! I joined SW on Monday so almost my first weigh in.

I have just done my shopping list and planned my meals for the week so hopefully will stick to plan!

Good luck! X
Hi hunny, thanks for dropping by. I think you're right, planning is the key. I have a long commute every day ( about hour and a quarter each way) and I know that's time I can boredom eat so I need suggestions for something I can munch on on the way home X

Hi hunny, thanks for dropping by. I think you're right, planning is the key. I have a long commute every day ( about hour and a quarter each way) and I know that's time I can boredom eat so I need suggestions for something I can munch on on the way home X

If you go to a class I would recommend the rocky road hi-Fi bars or the Aldi chocolate and fudge light bars. I have them for when I feel like something as well as fruit x

Thanks Hunny, I'm coeliac so can't have them unfortunately . Wish they'd bring out some gluten free ones

Last edited:
A good day yesterday and so resisting jumping on the scales! Out for a late lunch with partner and his dad so I've already scoured the menu for best choices. I know they cook from fresh so I can ask for a few tweaks to make it SW friendly. I might even brave the gym later this evening when it's quiet.

Hope everyone's having a good day.

Thanks Hunny, I'm coeliac so can't have them unfortunately . Wish they'd bring out some gluten free ones

It's not that unusual these days.. you would think they would pull their fingers out and cater for the need tut tut x

It's not that unusual these days.. you would think they would pull their fingers out and cater for the need tut tut x
I know... It's always so disappointing when new things come out and we can't have them.

cheek of them x

Back to work tomorrow. I can't control what might have happened but I can control what I eat. Salad, ham, melon, yoghurt and some nectarines in case I'm still hungry. Orange balsamic vinegar for the salad.

I've set a ten pounds loss for August and it's my first week restarting SW so fingers crossed!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Today's been a good day food wise...I couldn't even eat all my lunch and I wasn't starving on my drive home. Sweet potato wedges and cooked chicken salad for tea and I'm full

So tempted for a sneaky peek on scales but trying to resist...first weigh on Thursday and really hopeful for a loss

Having a bit of a rubbish day at work and desperately trying not to slip into comfort eating. Have enjoyed my lunch of ham, coleslaw and crispbread (gf) with fruit Have a yoghurt for before I head home so I'm not tempted to stop anywhere. I have a 50 mile journey that takes well over an hour each way.

Feeling a bit meh ... Hope you're all ok xx

Well the meh-ness continued esp as I ended up working until 10.30pm. Only two days back at work and already stressed and not sleeping .. Didn't eat nearly enough yesterday which is unhealthy and won't help me lose weight.

Hoping today will be better. Need to get
Back to the gym, get over my worry of being the fattest one there and just do it. Confidence is rubbish at mo... Maybe it's just post holiday blues. While I was away I believed I could do anything

Well the meh-ness continued esp as I ended up working until 10.30pm. Only two days back at work and already stressed and not sleeping .. Didn't eat nearly enough yesterday which is unhealthy and won't help me lose weight.

Hoping today will be better. Need to get
Back to the gym, get over my worry of being the fattest one there and just do it. Confidence is rubbish at mo... Maybe it's just post holiday blues. While I was away I believed I could do anything

Sorry to hear you're feeling down. I go through the same kind of phases so always here if you wanted a chat.

I haven't joined a gym yet but have invested in a Fitbit and have been setting myself mini challenges to help my fitness levels and try to boost my confidence a bit. Just hang in there, you can do this!!! X

Thanks hunny that's really kind of you xx
Work has been really difficult this week but today was better and as I was out and about I had a jacket potato and salad at lunch time. Just home now so will go and find my tea. Looking forward to the weekend already :) x
Oh, and weigh in tomorrow- eek!

Back