Sleep Tight, Barney :(

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by hexe, 31 March 2011 Social URL.

1. hexe

hexe Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am so upset. :cry:
    Some time ago I started sponsoring a dog with the Dog's Trust. Today I got a letter informing me that he passed away. Proper gutted.
    I have two dogs in the house and I couldn't really get a third one, so adopting one was a real alternative for me.
    Might sound silly, but it really upsets me, although Barney was never part of our family as such.
    My adoption has gone over to a different dog now and I do not mind that.
    The last two weeks have been full of drama for me, maybe I should just hide away in my bed for a month.
    So sad, RIP, Barney, sleep tight :wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cherry-pie

cherry-pie Trying again in 2012

Start Weight:
    25st8lb
    Current Weight:
    24st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(4.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh bless him x
    I know where you're coming from, we all cried when my mum's adopted elephant's mother died! They do, in a funny way, become a part of your wider family.
    Take care xxx

4. Bubbles1984

Bubbles1984 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Awww hun you poor thing :( And it doesnt sound daft. I work in a vets as a receptionist/vets assistant and i have to see people suffering pet loss every day. Whether its a pet whos lived with them 16 years, 1 month, or even just part of an extended family...and 99% of people just fall apart. Its an awful thing to happen. Big hugs to you, it will get easier in time xx

5. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Aww. But at least you know you helped to make his last months as happy as they could be.

6. hexe

hexe Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you all for your lovely replies.
    Like I said, I have got 2 dogs at home and I don't want to think what it's going to be like when they pass away. Better not think about it, but enjoy the time I have with them.
    Regarding Barney, at least I know that he was kept very well and lovingly by his carers. They stayed with him when the vet put him down. I only got limited info how he suffered before he was rescued, but I am assured that the time he spent with the Dogs Trust was a happy one. Well, I do admit I am a spiritualist and for me the soul does go on, regardless of life form, may it be a human or an animal. But I am sad regardless. Will drive down to the shelter at the weekend and visit my new adoption.
    Jill x

7. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What a nice person you are Jill.

R.I.P. Barney.

He will have been so well looked after at the shelter and he will not have been left to suffer in any way what so ever.

I think it is the final kindness we can show our animal family.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.