Sleep Tight, Barney :(

hexe

I am so upset. :cry:
Some time ago I started sponsoring a dog with the Dog's Trust. Today I got a letter informing me that he passed away. Proper gutted.
I have two dogs in the house and I couldn't really get a third one, so adopting one was a real alternative for me.
Might sound silly, but it really upsets me, although Barney was never part of our family as such.
My adoption has gone over to a different dog now and I do not mind that.
The last two weeks have been full of drama for me, maybe I should just hide away in my bed for a month.
So sad, RIP, Barney, sleep tight :wave_cry:

Oh bless him x
I know where you're coming from, we all cried when my mum's adopted elephant's mother died! They do, in a funny way, become a part of your wider family.
Take care xxx

Awww hun you poor thing :( And it doesnt sound daft. I work in a vets as a receptionist/vets assistant and i have to see people suffering pet loss every day. Whether its a pet whos lived with them 16 years, 1 month, or even just part of an extended family...and 99% of people just fall apart. Its an awful thing to happen. Big hugs to you, it will get easier in time xx

Aww. But at least you know you helped to make his last months as happy as they could be.

Thank you all for your lovely replies.
Like I said, I have got 2 dogs at home and I don't want to think what it's going to be like when they pass away. Better not think about it, but enjoy the time I have with them.
Regarding Barney, at least I know that he was kept very well and lovingly by his carers. They stayed with him when the vet put him down. I only got limited info how he suffered before he was rescued, but I am assured that the time he spent with the Dogs Trust was a happy one. Well, I do admit I am a spiritualist and for me the soul does go on, regardless of life form, may it be a human or an animal. But I am sad regardless. Will drive down to the shelter at the weekend and visit my new adoption.
Jill x

What a nice person you are Jill.

R.I.P. Barney.

He will have been so well looked after at the shelter and he will not have been left to suffer in any way what so ever.

I think it is the final kindness we can show our animal family.

Back