Slendertone

TwinkleToes2day

Silver Member
Hi :wavey:
Have any of you used this seemingly miraculous piece of technology and what were your results?
I am unable to do traditional tummy toning exercises such as sit ups or crunches.
:thankyou:

I have an abdo belt, which I use a couple of times a week - I should use it more, but forget or when I come to use it it's not charged. I can recommend it for toning the muscles deep down. I also do lots of exercise including abs exercise but I do believe the belt makes a lot of difference. The pads are quite expensive but do last a long time and sometimes you get special offer packs (buy 2 get one free) which are worth looking out for.

As you are unable to do traditional abs exercises, I'd say give it a go.

Hope this helps - and if you do go ahead, let me know how you get on.

I have an abdo belt, which I use a couple of times a week - I should use it more, but forget or when I come to use it it's not charged. I can recommend it for toning the muscles deep down. I also do lots of exercise including abs exercise but I do believe the belt makes a lot of difference. The pads are quite expensive but do last a long time and sometimes you get special offer packs (buy 2 get one free) which are worth looking out for.

As you are unable to do traditional abs exercises, I'd say give it a go.

Hope this helps - and if you do go ahead, let me know how you get on.

Hiya Leapfrog :wavey:
Many thanks for your input, I din't know there were different ones, thought slendertone had cornered the market, haha. Bit of a stupid thought really, there's always a rival isn't there :doh:
I've ordered my slendertone one so hoping it won't take long to get here but of course there's bank hols now till next tuesday, hey ho. Will post how I get on with it anyway :D

Yes!

I sent it back and lost the postage!

It is nothing like the ads show - let's be honest it often shows the "body beautiful" anyway.

Ironically, now I've lost my weight, it would probably help me tone up, but so would walking, running, cycling, swimming, sit-ups, crunches, squat thrusts, burpees etc. - all of which cost nothing.

Sorry I wasn't clear in my post. Mine is a Slendetone abdominal belt. So sounds like you have ordered the same thing.

Hehe, that's good to know Leapfrog :D

Yes!

I sent it back and lost the postage!

It is nothing like the ads show - let's be honest it often shows the "body beautiful" anyway.

Ironically, now I've lost my weight, it would probably help me tone up, but so would walking, running, cycling, swimming, sit-ups, crunches, squat thrusts, burpees etc. - all of which cost nothing.

Oh dear, not a good experience then Maximus? I'm hoping that it will do me good as the weight drops and especially as I can't do a lot of the traditional exercises, but I walk, ride a bike and use a step machine. I'm glad you can do lots of other things :D The best of luck to you :D
x

Yes, I had one. It was the big caboodle with about 8 pads and cost me over £100 several years ago. Like you I am unable to do physical exercise so thought this was the complete answer. However, used to take forever to get all the pads stuck on and then to find they were not quite in the right place especially as being "plump" it's harder to find the right place - and THEN to spend time sitting there while they supposedly go to work. Afraid it didn't last long and ha d it stored away meaning to put it on ebay. My D saw it and said she would like to give it a go so gave it to her but think she had the same experience.

You never know it may work for you but I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you!!...:D

Yes, I had one. It was the big caboodle with about 8 pads and cost me over £100 several years ago. Like you I am unable to do physical exercise so thought this was the complete answer. However, used to take forever to get all the pads stuck on and then to find they were not quite in the right place especially as being "plump" it's harder to find the right place - and THEN to spend time sitting there while they supposedly go to work. Afraid it didn't last long and ha d it stored away meaning to put it on ebay. My D saw it and said she would like to give it a go so gave it to her but think she had the same experience.

You never know it may work for you but I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you!!...:D

Hey Emmaline :wavey:
I had one with several pads years ago too and didn't reckon much to it but this one is a single belt placed around the waist and the pads are stuck directly onto the belt first.
Anyway, I'll keep my :fingerscrossed: that it's worthwhile :D

Sorry - I didn't wish my post to sound mean.

I have had two of these type of machines. The first one (can't recall the make - may have been Slendertone or similar) was the pads. In fact, I still have it somewhere as I just put it in a cupboard. It was tricky trying to get the pads in the right location as mentioned, especially with my gut! - then I had to "add water" to the pads to get them to pulse - hmm water and electricity lol. It did pulse, but my belly shape was all wrong.

So on to last year when I started losing weight, I got the Slendertone belt. Loads easier as it wrapped around like a, erm, belt actually;)

Plenty of settings and quite intense - I liked it much better than the pads, but it was approx £100+ postage (yes, I'm a sucker for those Infomercials on the shopping channels - Damn you Best Direct lol).

Now I'm at targets, it would probably help me to tone up, but I would say in addition to exercise not instead of. I notice it showed a lot of fat people before then after using a Slendertone belt, but never shows a fatty with the belt fitted!

I returned it (lost the £7 postage) and got the £100 back. It may well be better for me now, ironically, but I still believe there's no miracle cure.

Hope that's a bit fairer assessment.

Steve

Sorry - I didn't wish my post to sound mean.

I have had two of these type of machines. The first one (can't recall the make - may have been Slendertone or similar) was the pads. In fact, I still have it somewhere as I just put it in a cupboard. It was tricky trying to get the pads in the right location as mentioned, especially with my gut! - then I had to "add water" to the pads to get them to pulse - hmm water and electricity lol. It did pulse, but my belly shape was all wrong.

So on to last year when I started losing weight, I got the Slendertone belt. Loads easier as it wrapped around like a, erm, belt actually;)

Plenty of settings and quite intense - I liked it much better than the pads, but it was approx £100+ postage (yes, I'm a sucker for those Infomercials on the shopping channels - Damn you Best Direct lol).

Now I'm at targets, it would probably help me to tone up, but I would say in addition to exercise not instead of. I notice it showed a lot of fat people before then after using a Slendertone belt, but never shows a fatty with the belt fitted!

I returned it (lost the £7 postage) and got the £100 back. It may well be better for me now, ironically, but I still believe there's no miracle cure.

Hope that's a bit fairer assessment.

Steve

I too was/am a bit dubious about no fatty's being shown wearing this thing, but as I'm reducing in size I'm optimistic that it will search out the hidden/unused muscles ;) and set them to work.
I also agree there's no 'miracle cure' but again I'm optimistic that it will do me some good and who knows, it may even give me enough strength to do some semi situps ;)
LOL, yes we are usually warned to keep water & electricity apart, but the old machine I had, had to use water too :eek: but obviously not in any great quantity ;)
Anyway thanks for your point of view Maximus :)
All opinions are valid anyhoo :D
Take care
Mo :wavey:

Your welcome Twink!

I could used it now as it goes. The belt would fit around me twice:D I guess it is a personal thing. I suggest you try it as you can always return if "not entirely satisfied"

Steve

Your welcome Twink!

I could used it now as it goes. The belt would fit around me twice:D I guess it is a personal thing. I suggest you try it as you can always return if "not entirely satisfied"

Steve

What a great achievement that is :D
I shall be sure to read the small print when it arrives, just in-case ;)

Oooh please let us know how you get on :)

Good luck.

Gail x

Oooh please let us know how you get on :)

Good luck.

Gail x

Will do Gail :D It arrived on Saturday, read the destructions and charged it yesterday, and used it for the first time this morning. Not unpleasant, just a slight tingling feeling and I just got on as usual whilst it was working.
Took some measurements before starting too :eek: Not something I want to do regularly just now lol, :giggle:

Back