Slim at heart's weight loss journey!!

Hi Anna - sorry to hear ur not feeling great :(

hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you....

just while I'm here - have you spotted the new 'chat' facility - think I read in one of your earlier posts that you like talking in real-time - might be what ur after !! I just popped in to have a look and it looks great :D

maybe catch you on there later....

Day 7 & end of week 1!!- No update yesterday but it was pretty much like every other day except I was quite hungry all day, went to bed with a rumbling tummy but no intention of eating!!!

I was in meetings all day, bosses came from Dublin to do the official 'handover' & to say goodbye, I only managed to get one pack during the day which left me with 3 packs to have in the evening... my God I felt like a pig!!! had a full soup (usually split them) & half a bar when I got in, then made a mousse for later with half a pack... then later had the mousse, half a soup & the rest of the bar, but still went to bed hungry!! Oh well, at least I'm not tempted to eat!!!

Drank more than 4 litres of water yesterday..

First weigh in- well I had my fist weigh in this morning and I lost....drum roll please.... 12lb!!!
Am absolutely thrilled, it's more than I expected, would have been happy with 10 but what a bonus!!
It has been hard work but not half as hard as I thought it would be to be honest... I can't believe I'm already a week into it... NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW!!!

Have only 30lb to loose now before reaching my first goal of 3 stone by 8th November & NYC... I really feel like I can do this... have my packs now for the next 2 weeks, bought mainly Chicken & Mush & Chocolate as these are my favs, bought a few bars too but she didn't have many left.

That was my last time with Carol in Cork, I'm moving to Wexford this Saturday so will be seeing a new CDC in Wicklow, will probably only get to go every 2 weeks though so will have to stay very focused on my own (& with all the lovely people on here!!!)

I WILL BE SLIM!!!

Oh ye- Bosses also wanted to bring me out for lunch yesterday & today but I managed to sude step it nicely by saying I would love to go out but wouldn't be eating as I am fasting for blood tests this evening!!! So they said not to bother!!! Nice one!!

Only problem now is that I think they might be arranging a suprise meal out for tomorrow night.. if I have to I will do an AAM, lean meat with no sauce, salad & veg with absolutely no carbs or drink... can always say I have to take it easy after fasting for 2 days!!!

That is so not me.. before if free food were involved I would have been first in line & stuffing myself till I was sick he he he!!

END OF WEEK 1-

Well it's as I thought there is a meal out planned for tomorrow night so whether I like it or not I will be in Captn America's tomorrow night at 8.30...... positive thoughts everyone please!!

My plan is as follows;
Green salad for starter (if possible), I always hate not having a starter & would find that part particularly hard & tempting...
Lean meat (chicken or steak) with no sauce
Ask the waiter/waitress specifically to not put any chips, potatoes or wedges on my plate
Extra veg with no sauce or butter (God he/she's gonna love me!!!)
Black coffee for dessert
No alcohol & buckets of sparkling water (no lemon!!)
Have all my packs during the day & save 1 for just before I go out
Drink a litre of water just before I go out & start drinking lots of water whilst ordering

So, there you go, that's my plan & I have every intention of sticking to it...

Just as an update, I feel so full at the moment I am incredibly uncomfortable..
I was only able to have 1 packet (split) during the day today due to meeting etc so had to have 3 packets when I got home after work, also had to get a litre & a half of water into me...
Well it's 10.25 now and I feel so full I feel like I'm going to burst, you know that Christmas day feeling when you actually want to die cos you've eaten so much, well that's how I feel at the moment...
...other thing is that I did have a bar earlier & I have read that emmmm excessive gas can be a side effect (sorry if tmi, feint of heart turn away please!!) so I think that may be contributing to my full feeling, there are certainly rumblings going on in the jungle & I ain't hungry that's for sure!!!

Well, it's very late & I'm just in the door but wanted to post a very quick update about my meal out tonight..

..of coarse I stuck to my plan & it was all fine, had my soup before leaving, a green salad for starters (only had a little slip up- 1 cherry tomato) with no dressing, a steak & mushrooms for main course (no sauces) & a bit of salad & a black coffee for dessert.. oh ye & I only had sparkling water to drink the whole evening..

I am happy with myself even though my CB is telling me I could have done better ie not eaten anything, left half the steak, not had the mushrooms etc etc but I think I did bloody well anyway.

I'll be honest, it was extremely hard especially during the starters as everyone was sharing their food & it all looked so nice (deep fried mozerella, chicken nachos, spring rolls etc etc) & starters is usually my fav part of a meal but I held strong & the main was absolutely fine cos no one was eating much anyway after such big starters they were all full so I didn't feel deprived.

Funny thing was I still felt hungry after the food & it didn't fill me up half as much as I thought it would... a bowl of CD chicken & mushroom fills me up so much more...feel a bit sick now though!

Had a great time & not drinking wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be either..I just pretended to be drunk like the rest & no one noticed, I was driving anyway, always a good excuse!

I do have to mention 1 thing though, a HUGE THANKS TO GEN who supported me all the way with textual encouragement & texting back took my mind off the food (so rude I know but whatever gets you through eh?), honestly I don't think I could have done it without you Gen it made all the difference... thanks so much!

So that's it, I was dreading it so much (so stupid to be scared of food!!!) but my first hurdle is over.. now back to SSing all the way tomorrow, I just hope I haven't knocked myself out of ketosis, we'll see!!

hiya sweetie how ya doing today then... ur very quiet lol lol

i'm around this evening if ya need any encouragement!!!

love

Gen xx

ps.. didn't win the lotto altho did win a scratch card... ya never know!!!

Hi Anna - well done for sticking to your plan on your night out :)

haven't seen you about for a few days...hope evrything is OK ?? :confused:

Hopefully catch up with ya soon.

hugs

Day 24, 24lb down!!

I have't updated in such a long time & then it got so long I didn't know where to start but I guess I have to start somewhere!!

I'm into my 4th week now & have lost a total of 24lb which I just worked out comes to 1lb a day (thanks to massive losses in the first 2 weeks)!!!

The move went pretty well & I managed to keep SSing all through it & only ate 2 planned meals.

First one I decided to eat after moving in & I felt very light headed & near to fainting, had been so busy & stressed with the whole move etc just felt I didn't have any energy so made the decision to have a meal one night with my Best Friend that was here helping me. Had steak, cabbage & mushrooms & though it was lovely it wasn't the amazing experience I had imagined it to be or had built it up to be in my head (which my friend said was a very good sign- her in all her size 8 glory!!)

The second time when I was down in Cork again the weekend after moving in & my friend's husband was over (also a very good friend) from Italy, they are both Jazz Musicians & come over a couple of times a year to do gigs. Anyway it was their last night & I again decided to eat with them (eating is such a social thing I have found, EVERY social occasion revolves around eating, so hard to be social when you aren't eating!!), so I had steak, brocolli, mushrooms & salad. Didn't drink on either occasion & stayed in ketosis afterwards so am happy enough with my choices.

Both times I felt it was better to make the decision to do it & make the right planned choices & both times I felt so much better & re-energised after eating. However the funny thing is that I didn't feel full either time, not half as much as a chicken & mushroom soup would make me feel... so weird!!

Well, I am glad to say I also got straight back into my regieme the next day & straight back to SSing...

How do I feel at the moment? Well, for some reason I have found the last few days VERY VERY VERY difficult & mostly in the evenings... coming home & preparing a sandwich for my daughter has been pure torture for some reason; the smell of the bread, the texture of the cheese, the feel of the sambo whilst cutting it & the hell of watching it on the table & haveing to coax every bite into her mouth, I have had elaborate fantasies of eating it myself & caught myself sooo close to it that it almost hurts physically...

Ok I haven't actually eaten anything but I didn't expect it to still be so difficult at this stage... I really have to keep my eyes on the prize & try to stay focused, I only have a few weeks left to NY now & still 18lb to loose to make my 3 stone goal by then (8th Nov), I really want to do this...

I have also had a problem with, em, going to the toilet & invested in some psyllium husks which have saved my life!!
I make a lovely porridge out of them in the mornings & it is so nice to have something solid to eat, I found that they are nicest with banana & 3 or 4 teaspoons of PHs, then I have another 2 in a huge bowl of Marigold Boullion soup (made with 3/4 teaspoon of marigold) when I come in after work, also helps me get through the sandwich crisis' (sorry don't know how to spell the plural!), can't find the low salt version so hope I'm not doing damage...

Anyway, I really enjoy it & it gives me another 'meal' to look forward to during the day & very tasty!!

One thing I have found is that the bars give me terrible terrible wind!!! Now I know it sounds funny but it really isn't!!
It's not the type of wind that makes my daughter crack up when Mommy does a 'rudie', it's extremely extremely painful & the first time it happened I actually thought I was having a heart attack!! The pain was excrutiating & I almost fainted...it was just awful.
I was having half a bar just after lunch & then another half around 4ish so I wouldn't be too hungry when I got home & then it would hit me around 2.5 hours later just as I am going through the stress of putting my daughter to bed (she HATES bed time) I actually had to leave her a few times & go into another room to cry out with the pain & then struggle through the rest of the time in agony... I wonder is this normal?

Anyway, I have found if I have the bar in smaller amounts more spread out during the day it isn't as bad & I don't get half as bad an effect, problem is mainly if I have a full one in one go...

So, here I am, moved to Wexford, new house, new job & new life & well on the way to a new me too!!

I am struggling a bit at the moment but from reading other posts it seems quite common to go through a hard time around the 3 to 4 week mark

I have no intention of eating though, it's as if part of me knows that 'this is it'- this is my big chance to really do it this time- it's now or never & though part of me would love to go back to 'being normal' a huge part of me knows that if I slip once then that will probably be it..

Again, I have to say a HUGE thanks to Gen for the continual support she has been to me on a daily basis, if I ever feel tempted I text her & she will talk me through it till it passes, she also seems to just text me herself at 'critical' moments... so thanks Gen, I wouldn't have got this far without you!!

Only had a 3lb loss last week but it's TOTM so hopefully will make up for it next week.

It's so funny, I was saying to my sis tonight, I have felt so bloated during this TOTM, really really bloated & I never realised what bloated was before because 2 stone ago I didn't notice if I was bloated or not but after having lost some weight I really notice it... not going to the loo must have made me a lot more bloated too, which I have also sorted out now (thanks to Debbie & PHs!!!)

Going to do my AAM week next week so looking forward to that & then won't be eating again before NYC, so that will be my big reward for reaching my first goal!

Have decided I will reward myself with a Slendertone max when I lose 2 stone so only another 4lb to go before I can order that, hopefully next weigh in..

... speaking of which, I haven't been able to get in contact with my CDC for this area & I am running dangerously low on food packs, I've even left it too late now to get them sent to me if I can't get in touch in time... I have been told she is on holidays at the moment & will be back Sunday or Monday, hope I will have enough to last till then...don't know what I'll do if I can't get in contact in time...

...Just been in to count & I have enough left for 3 more days so if I can't get up to her on Monday evening I am fucked!!!

ADVANTAGES OF DOING THE CAMBRIDGE DIET

1. Loosing weight quickly & safely- goes without saying!!

2. Getting loads of compliments- it's a real ego boost & good motivation

3. No more migraines or headaches- this is a big (MASSIVE) one for me, I have suffered from extreme headaches & migraines for the last 6 years or so to the point of having to take daily medication to prevent getting one on a DAILY basis. I was taking a scary number of very strong painkillers EVERY day, sometimes cocktails of painkillers a few times a day. I have had to undergo a battery of tests & scans to try to figure out why but now I know, I am allergic or sensitive to something I was eating probably carbs... since starting CD I have taken PARACETEMOL twice!!! Previously, taking paracetemol was like eating a smartie- did absolutely NOTHING for me, I took one on the first day when I was going through serious carb withdrawal & 2 days ago when my period started. Whereas before I would have been practically bed-ridden for 2 days with a horrendous migraine every month!!! Probably the amount of water I'm drinking helps too...

4. Lack of PMS symptoms- I didn't even know for sure I was getting my period as I had hardly any of the usual symptoms for the 10 days coming up, except for the food cravings but I have them anyway!!

5. Very light periods- sorry if TMI but since I had my daughter I have had extremely heavy & painful periods, this last one hasn't been too painful (not completely pain free ;) but not nearly as bad as before) & fairly light. I have seen some other posts that say the opposite but not for me!!! YAY!!!

6. Clothes looser- I haven't dropped a size yet (especially as have been very bloated in the last week) but my clothes have been much more 'comfortable' than before which is nice but I can't wait to drop a size, now that will be a great boost!

7. Feeling of being in control of my life & trying to make a difference

8. Not having to cook- I'm very lazy in the kitchen (just for cooking) & though I am a pretty good cook when I put my mind to it, it's great to only have to boil the kettle & open a packet!!! Less washing up too!!

9. Saving money- as refusing to buy clothes until I have to & even then will try to get by with the bare necesities till I reach goal. I used to be a spendaholic when it came to clothes & shoes (sure I will be again, but so much better choice!!)

10. Showing myself & others 'I really can do this' after 33 years of being fat!! (well not literally, I guess since I was around 7 or 8 years old!!), my family looking at me with pride & wonder & others looking at me with envy thinking (wrongly) that I must be so strong & self controlled & they could never do it when really it's one of the easiest diets in the world (all diets are horrendously difficult but with CD you take the biggest difficulty out by eliminating food altogether!) after you get past the first hard week!!

Well done Anna, you are doing so well. Stay strong, it is SO worth it.
Ann x

Thanks Ann!
I've just recommended this site to my sister, she's loosing weight with WW (never worked for me) & I told her how great this site is, you & others here are truely inspirational & I KNOW for a fact I wouldn't have got even this far without this site!

Oh ye & no way I'm giving up now... I'm just dying to find out what happens when the shark catches poor Nemo!!

Poor Nemo is 1lb closer to being eaten...

...as of this morning!!!
Sorry Nemo- I promise it's nothing personal!!!

Day 25...

Feeling pretty good today, went into town after my first week in my new job & felt like treating myself a bit (with money I MOST CERTAINLY don't have, sorry CC!)..

Bought myself a Slendertone Max, was going to wait till I lost 2 stone as a reward & get it from ebay but thought; I'm only 3lb off 2 stone & if I wait till then & then with delivery time etc I won't have seen any effect by NY (9th Nov) so I got it today, won't have much of an effect by then probably anyway but more than if I waited... made sense to me anyway!!

Also was in town with my sis & was wearing a jacket that was tight on me not so long ago, she said it did nothing for me, actually made me look bigger, so i went to Evans to look at getting a new coat...

...I know I previously said I thought I hadn't dropped a size yet but I tried on a 22 jacket & it fit nicely so I got it (was previously 24) also got a pair of jeans in size 22 thinking they wouldn't fit but would hopefully soon... well when I got home I tried them on & not only do they fit, I'm not beat into them either... they fit nicely!!! Not too tight at all & my sis said she could see the loss so much better with well fitting clothes than with baggy clothes that are too big on me!!!

I'm not going to buy much now, just a few essentials I need as I go down in sizes but I am thrilled... haven't been a 22 for YEARS!!!

Found it hard to get any water today as I was out & about so ended up binge drinking 2.5 litres after 7pm, will probably be up peeing all night now...

Really feeling the cold too, especially in work, it's effing FREEZING there & I'm sitting with blue fingers & lips.. boss is really funny about clothes & hates it when you wear jumpers etc.. well I hate freezing my ass off so sorry boss!! Also see it as a positive thing as it means the diet is working & I'm ketosising all the way!!

Brought my daughter for egg & chips after Evans & sat there with my black coffee, looked (& smelled) lovely and all and I am/was completely addicted to chips but nothing & I mean nothing could have made me eat them, so proud of myself!!

Only had 1.5 packs up to 7pm so ended up trying to stuff another 2.5 in in the evening so feeling STUFFED now, what with the packs & the water...

Starting to panic now about not being able to contact CDC, only have enough packs to last me till Tues morn at the latest... left it too long to get some sent now... don't know what I'll do if I don't get in contact tomorrow... aaaaaaaarg this is all I need now I'm on such a roll.............

Off to bed! Night all XXX

Hi Anna,

Well done in getting into those jeans and your sister is right that it is good to were propper fitting clothes as it does cheer you up and you can feel and appreciated the weight loss...two stone is a great achievement so show it off and claim it.:)

If you PM me your address I can send you down a couple of packs and you should have them by Tuesday morning if you like?

Love Mini xxx

Back