Slim Fast - advice!!!

Want2bThin

I was reading a thread that someone was ssing with slim fast.

My funds are quite low at the moment too, and i was considering slim fast.

Does it actually have results like cd though?

I'd really appreciate inputs on this.:confused:

Hiya

Slimfast should not be used as a complete replacement for food like Cambridge, Lighterlife, Lipotrim etc.

The slimfast shakes do not contain all the essential ingredients to keep you healthy while losing weight.

If you want to use slimfast then you must follow the slimfast recommendations and have meals alongside the packs.

Mike

Hey!

I can see why you are temnpted, but to be honest I'm not sure it would work too well? I don't mean to be all negative, but there are a few things you should bear in mind if you decide to go this route:

Slim fast is designed to supplement 2 meals per day with the third meal being carefully balanced/healthy with less than 600kcals (I think?!).

Slim fast doesn't contain all the nutrients per serving that we benefit from when doing CD - this could have implciations for your health.

Slim fast is also much higher in carb content than CD - compare a shake with a slim fast serving and you'll see the difference is massive. Not to mention that the calorie intake is much higher if you SS on slim fast you are having 200ish (i think) calories per serving compare to 138 ish with CD.

Slim fast (due to the carb content) doesn't have the security blanket of ketosis - you are far more likely to stray off plan due to hunger etc

I think you would need to reduce the slim fast powder portion drastically to get anywhere close to the CD calorie & carb content. Also worth bearing in mind that there is no structured plan towards maintenance with slim fast. Wouldn't be much fun to lose the weight and then pile it back on when you finished.

Best of luck if this is what you decide to do, but if you can afford it CD is a much safer approach. Alternatively, why not look at maybe the JUDDDD?

xx

Hi there

I know what you mean about the funds thing, i think if you can be strict with you self you should still a positive result, i into my third week with the cd and i have lost 10 pounds. But to be honest i lost 11 pound in one week years ago doing the 2 shakes (slimfast) and a meal but then i went back to my old ways. I think having a weigh in can help keep me on the right path. You just have to make a decision on what is right for you. Good luck.

Back