Slim for 2017 - The long game.

How much body magic do you all do? I'm starting back at the gym this eve, in my slim days I was a bit of a gym bunny, and then tomorrow I am dusting off my 30 day shred... Hopefully it all works as I've been a bit naughty going over my syns xx

We have a thread for this if you want to join? It's called the "whatever challenge". I'll post a link....

Weigh in tomorrow.....what is a taster night?

Ooh taster night. You take along something (typically) syn free for everyone to share and then talk about what you made and share ideas :) I always made curry loaf nom nom nom

Our taster nights are usually rubbish :( most people don't bother bringing anything and a few bring sweets, crisps etc... I usually make something sweet off the website but next time I'm going to try to make the pasty bites :D
I've just been for my first run in ages... hoping to get that 3st award this week!!!

Hi All!! Can I squeeze in to this challenge too please? I just saw the link Sam posted in another thread so a bit late but have similar goals.

I am currently sitting at lowest adult weight I've ever been (175lbs). So not totally sure what lies ahead but for first time ever I have a desire to find out. Not sure what's different but it to could be that I think I deserve to look better as I work out quite a bit and really want body to look how I feel.

SW target is 154lbs which is 24lbs away for SW weigh-in. That means being ~150lbs at my morning starkers weigh.

If I'm honest can't even fathom being that size so really need all support I can get. And as I can tell from title of my diary - I'm a slow and steady loser so averaging 6lbs a month would be perfect and get me to goal as we ease into 2017!(away for 3 weeks in October so not counting those weeks).

Can't wait to join in!

Hi All!! Can I squeeze in to this challenge too please? I just saw the link Sam posted in another thread so a bit late but have similar goals.

I am currently sitting at lowest adult weight I've ever been (175lbs). So not totally sure what lies ahead but for first time ever I have a desire to find out. Not sure what's different but it to could be that I think I deserve to look better as I work out quite a bit and really want body to look how I feel.

SW target is 154lbs which is 24lbs away for SW weigh-in. That means being ~150lbs at my morning starkers weigh.

If I'm honest can't even fathom being that size so really need all support I can get. And as I can tell from title of my diary - I'm a slow and steady loser so averaging 6lbs a month would be perfect and get me to goal as we ease into 2017!(away for 3 weeks in October so not counting those weeks).

Can't wait to join in!

Yay! The more the merrier :) we are becoming a very busy and supportive group. I love it :) :)

Oh hell.......3lbs on this week, everyone in group put on apart from one lady.
I did have a crap week, lost my Granny and def was not on plan.
Back to it, sp days this week I think..

Oh hell.......3lbs on this week, everyone in group put on apart from one lady.
I did have a crap week, lost my Granny and def was not on plan.
Back to it, sp days this week I think..

Oh I'm sorry to hear about your granny @Hefty Heiffer im sure you'll have that 3lbs off plus more in no time at all!

Ruth
X

2lb off this week :) :) couple of naughties too so am happy with that!!

Sorry to hear about your Gran @Hefty Heiffer - you've had such great losses so far I'm sure it will come right off.

Congrats Sam and Ruth on your super losses this week - all holidays definitely neutralised it seems!! I'm 2lbs off next award (and less than a pound from my SW 10% award). Will be super-good this weekend. Have been doing fishy most meals but its not changing much. I'm back to super-slow losses which is totally fine as someone commented that I'm looking toned and my skin good which I attribute to not losing too quickly (always a silver lining!)

And I reset my likely progress and I'm definitely looking like target won't get met until January/February unless I miraculously speed up losing! Not much to change in diet as already under MFP goal for 2lbs/week and working out loads. So I'm sticking around here for a while :)

Hi everyone,

May I join in?

I re-joined a SW group last Saturday for the third (perhaps fourth?!) time since last April 2015. I did well by losing ~1 and half stone before a formal event, put on some weight between the event and my birthday there after, and have been struggling since with small stretches of motivation and terrible "toss it, I'll eat what I want' attitudes. But now, in my late 20s and having never ever been happy with how I look and feel about body, I have decided that this is the last time I will re-start my SW adventure. I am so determined and the major difference this time to the last is that I am not going to put a timeframe on when the weight loss should happen by....it'll happen when it happens once I stick to plan. I know this plan inside out and I have no excuses for the weight i re-gained apart from laziness, pigging out and (to be frank) feeling sorry for myself ("How can he/she eat like that and not put on any weight?? It's not fair!"). Already nearly one week in, I feel so much better about my eating pattern, how less bloated I feel and how motivated I am to make it this time. The thoughts of impeding weddings in my social group over the next few years to come has also played a factor - I will not be an overweight bridesmaid!!

So, I am here to commit and join all of you on the Slim for 2017 target. How lovely would it feel to slink into a sparkly number for Christmas and feel good in it for once? 7lb a month sounds great to me too and a reasonable goal to achieve. There is nothing like a problem (goal) shared and I wish you all luck and I will provide all of the support that I can in helping us achieve this goal! :D

Yup join the group! That's great about not putting a time frame on things. I've noticed in group that some people lose 4/5lbs a week and then one week they lose 1lb and they are so disappointed. The body just needs to catch up sometimes.

Hi everyone,

May I join in?

I re-joined a SW group last Saturday for the third (perhaps fourth?!) time since last April 2015. I did well by losing ~1 and half stone before a formal event, put on some weight between the event and my birthday there after, and have been struggling since with small stretches of motivation and terrible "toss it, I'll eat what I want' attitudes. But now, in my late 20s and having never ever been happy with how I look and feel about body, I have decided that this is the last time I will re-start my SW adventure. I am so determined and the major difference this time to the last is that I am not going to put a timeframe on when the weight loss should happen by....it'll happen when it happens once I stick to plan. I know this plan inside out and I have no excuses for the weight i re-gained apart from laziness, pigging out and (to be frank) feeling sorry for myself ("How can he/she eat like that and not put on any weight?? It's not fair!"). Already nearly one week in, I feel so much better about my eating pattern, how less bloated I feel and how motivated I am to make it this time. The thoughts of impeding weddings in my social group over the next few years to come has also played a factor - I will not be an overweight bridesmaid!!

So, I am here to commit and join all of you on the Slim for 2017 target. How lovely would it feel to slink into a sparkly number for Christmas and feel good in it for once? 7lb a month sounds great to me too and a reasonable goal to achieve. There is nothing like a problem (goal) shared and I wish you all luck and I will provide all of the support that I can in helping us achieve this goal! :D

Yes! The more the merrier!!!

Hi everyone,

May I join in?

Hello and welcome!
Good luck with your journey- lovely to have you here!

Ruth
X

Back