Slim4ever the SW Way

Hia - I'm over my weekly syns already! Had a sneaky peek this morning and I've put on weight for the 2nd week running :eek: So I'm making a batch of Superfree Soup to try to limit the damage before WI on Thursday, lol!

You having a good week?

Oh Ali we all do it....just get back on plan now and stay away from the scales! I've got a lunchbox full of superfree soup for tomorrow as really hoping for a loss on Wed. Am also trying scan bran for the first time....we'll see in a couple of days its * week as well so extra tough. Good luck, be strong x

Mmmm let me know how the FERRERO ROCHER taste! They sound dreamy-dreamy!!! x

Mmmm let me know how the FERRERO ROCHER taste! They sound dreamy-dreamy!!! x

Were good, defiantly the nicest way to eat the scan bran. Altho they were sooo chocolaty think could just use one tbsp of nuttella next time for half the syns :)

Tuesday, nearly the end of the slimming week already

EE/Green

B - Alpen light bar 1/2 HXB coffee with little skimmed milk

Bottle of water, punnet of strawberries (sf, ss)

Another coffee, another water

L - Superspeed soup (sf, ss) last of this batch

Coffee with 4 x scan bran 1/2 HXB ferrero rocher - 4 syns

D - Jacket pot with baked beans (ss) green salad (sf) and little grated cheese 1/2 HXA

Total for the day: 4 syns
HXA - Skimmed Milk in coffee and grated cheddar
HXB - 1 x Aplen light 1.25 x scan bran

Total for the week: 47.5/70

I couldn't resist the other 4 ferrero's :) but they are scan bran sooooo rest of my HXB and 4 more syns to today....I see it as I would have eaten them tomorrow but now I won't be having any!

So.... new round up

Total for the day: 8 syns
total for the week: 51.5/70

Last edited:
STS = depression

So....third week in a row i've STS! Last week I was off plan on the hen weekend so was pleased, but this week there is no reason for it except its TOTM.

Am very unsure whether to switch back to Green/Red as when I first did SW years ago my losses didn't slow down till very near 9 stone and I feel miles away at the moment :-(

This week i've tried scan bran (altho only 2.5 for three days) having as much water as poss and had a batch of ss soup - what else can I try?

Anyway today was...

EE

B - Fibre Plus bar HXB with coffee HXA

Bottle of water

L - Pret a manger salad - chicken, pasta, rocket (sf) peppers (sf) peas (ss) with little dressing - not in the book I have but the chicken provencal is 5.5 syns
Bottle of water

Apple (sf)

D - SW chips, whole baked shallots (sf) baked beans (ss) 2 x fry light eggs Cherry tomatoes (sf)

Peppermint tea

So.....total for the day: 5.5
HXB Fibre Plus
HXA Skimmed Milk

Total for the week 57/70

STS

Last edited:
So....third week in a row i've STS! Last week I was off plan on the hen weekend so was pleased, but this week there is no reason for it except its TOTM.

Am very unsure whether to switch back to Green/Red as when I first did SW years ago my losses didn't slow down till very near 9 stone and I feel miles away at the moment :-(

This week i've tried scan bran (altho only 2.5 for three days) having as much water as poss and had a batch of ss soup - what else can I try?

You've said it really hun ... a hen weekend followed by * week ... you couldn't have had 2 more worse weeks in a row!

Just keep at it and you will see good results this week - I promise!

You could always chuck in the odd green/red day for a bit of variety x

You've said it really hun ... a hen weekend followed by * week ... you couldn't have had 2 more worse weeks in a row!

Just keep at it and you will see good results this week - I promise!

You could always chuck in the odd green/red day for a bit of variety x

Thanks Ali, its true I am just a little disappointed. I am going to try a few green days this week and have a BBQ on Sat so will go back to EE for that. How you doing?

Hiya, so you STS...BUT that means you DID NOT put ON!!!! So well done!!!!! Give yourself a little credit for that!! You still have to enjoy yourself and sometime life ie * gets in the way! So just keep at it! I love my Green/Red days I feel like I know where I am, but that is not to say EE isn't good too!! x

Hiya, so you STS...BUT that means you DID NOT put ON!!!! So well done!!!!! Give yourself a little credit for that!! You still have to enjoy yourself and sometime life ie * gets in the way! So just keep at it! I love my Green/Red days I feel like I know where I am, but that is not to say EE isn't good too!! x

Thanks cnicolaf, i am having a green day today...well so far anyway but am still going to try and have 1/3 sf which i think you do too, eating more fruit and veg is just good sense :)

Week 10 - (can't believe its week 10) Day 1 Thursday

Today is looking like a green day, so am going with it...

B - Weetabix minis HXB with 100ml Skimmed milk 1/3 HXA

2 x coffee with skimmed milk from allowance

Punnet of raspberries (sf, ss)
2 x bottle of water 1litre

L - homemade pasta salad - wholemeal pasta, grated carrot (sf) lettuce (sf) cherry toms (sf) 1 tbsp of light mayo - 2 syns

Coffee and another bottle of water 500ml

Pilates - another bottle of water

D - homemade risotto - rice, peas (ss) onion (sf) spinach (sf) asparagus (sf) broad beans (ss) veg stock

Total for the day: 2 syns
HXB Weetabix mini honey
HXA Skimmed milk

Total for the week: 2/70

Last edited:
Plan for tomorrow.....

EE

B - Apple (sf) fibre plus bar HXB

Coffee x 2 HXA
Water 1litre

Pineapple chunks (sf)

500ml water

L - left over risotto (see yesterday) lots of sf and ss

Few strawberries (sf, ss)

Diet coke x 2

D - Hunters chicken - chicken breast, bacon, BBQ sauce - 3 syns with green beans (sf) lettuce (sf) tomatoes (sf) SW chips

Total for the day: 3 syns
HXB Fibre Plus
HXA Skimmed milk

Total for the week: 5/70

Last edited:
Thanks cnicolaf, i am having a green day today...well so far anyway but am still going to try and have 1/3 sf which i think you do too, eating more fruit and veg is just good sense :)

Enjoy the BBQ this weekend - I do Red days when BBQing! Just means I avoid the potato salad etc! But means can eat alot of salad and BBQ food, also the quorn burgers actualy taste just like regular burgers - even my boyfriend thought so and he hates the quorn sausages! x

cnicolaf said:
Enjoy the BBQ this weekend - I do Red days when BBQing! Just means I avoid the potato salad etc! But means can eat alot of salad and BBQ food, also the quorn burgers actualy taste just like regular burgers - even my boyfriend thought so and he hates the quorn sausages! x

I will do bottle of Rose is chilling in the fridge, I plan to have a 'free' day until we go so I can choose which plan when I'm there....plus am hoping lots of sf will balance out the wine :) Have a good weekend

Not sure if today will be EE or Red today...will decide at the BBQ later.....

B - Fresh Pineapple (sf) Eggs (fry light) with cherry toms (sf) 1 x wholemeal slice HXB

Cup of tea - tash of skimmed milk

Gym - body pump glass 2 x bottle of water 1 litre

Few strawberries (sf) when home from the gym

Grabbed a quick lunch from tesco so now EE day...

Tesco sweet chicken chilli noodle salad - I didn't use the dressing, was very nice - 1 syn (but may actually be free)

Orange club biscuit round the inlaws with a coffee - 5.5 syns!!!!! Will NOT be having one of those again - shock!!!!

BBQ - Burger - 2.5 syns with little cheese HXA, salad (sf) new potatoes, pasta, ketchup - 1 syn, chicken (skin off)

3 x Rose wine - 18 syns
1 x jäger - 4? syns

Total for the day: 32 :-(
HXB Wholemeal slice
HXA cheese and skimmed milk

Total for the week 37/70

Could have been worse and over the week syns will hopeully balance out! Will be very low/none for the next few days

Last edited:
Day 4 - Sunday

EE

Stayed over at the BBQ last night so now I'm home and have realised the damage I'm upping my SF and SS :)

Woke up to bacon rolls in M&S White rolls I politely took the bacon out of the rolls and just ate that - can you see my halo? So.....

B - 4 rashers of bacon with small blob of ketchup - 1 syn

Cup of tea with dash of milk and 2 glasses of water

Got home for real breakfast - pineapple (sf), strawberries (sf) muller light, 1.5 scan bran 1/2 HXB

Making a new batch of SS soup - green lentils, mixed beans, split peas, carrots, celery, leek, tinned toms, peppers, stock cube - had a few spoonfulls when it was cooked

Cup of tea HXA with 1 alpen light bar 1/2HXB

D - Ex lean beef mince, red chillies (sf) garlic (sf) spring onions (sf) carrot (sf) celery (sf) tinned toms (sf) with pasta and salad (sf)

Glass of diet coke :)

Total for the day: 1 syn
HXB 1.5 scan bran and 1 alpen light
HXA skimmed milk in tea

Total for the week: 38/70

Last edited:
Well done only having 3 glasses of Rose!!! I couldn't have stopped at that!! x

cnicolaf said:
Well done only having 3 glasses of Rose!!! I couldn't have stopped at that!! x

Thanks, it took will power, need a loss this week :)

Perhaps a silly question...what does half a bottle of wine work out to be? Do you syn the glasses or is there a value for a whole bottle/half - can't see it in my old book.

Last edited:
Monday - Green/EE
Bit of both today, haven't actually eaten any RED free foods lots of SF and GREEN but did cook the chicken in the Byriani so I'm sure some little bits got in....so just didn't have a second B box.

B - 2 x weetabix HXB with 200ml of hot skimmed milk 2/3 HXA with splenda

2 x coffee with tash of milk

Half a punnet of raspberries (sf, ss)
1 litre of water

L - superspeed soup (sf, ss)

Apple (sf) and another bottle of water

Horrible headache today :-( went to the gym for a swim but it didn't help. More water needed I think - another bottle

D - chicken byriani (but only ate tiny bite of chicken) - rice, onion (sf), spices, 1/2 tbsp of Tom purée - 0.5 syn, stock, spinach (sf) peas (ss) split runner beans (sf)

Total for the day: 0.5 syns
HXB 2 x weetabix - by far the best HXB lovely big bowl compared to a measly 28g of anything else :)
HXA skimmed milk

Total for the week: 38.5/70

Last edited:
Headache still not gone :-( so am home today and actually still in bed!

Today is most likely to be a GREEN day as feel like I need comforting hearty meals.

Have started the day with a glass of sugar free orange and a big mug of tea - tash of milk

B - 1/2 punnet of raspberries (sf)
1 x wholemeal slice HXB with tin of baked beans (ss)

Bottle of water and an apple (sf)

L - Big plate of potato wedged :) topped with salt, vinegar and 2 tbsp of ketchup - 2 syns

Fibre plus bar HXB

D - wholemeal pasta with broccoli (sf) sauce made from onion (sf) garlic (sf) red wine vinegar, passata (sf) basil

Total for the day: 2 syns
HXB wholemeal slice and Fibre Plus bar
HXA skimmed milk in tea

Total for the week: 40/70

Last edited:
Back