Slim4ever the SW Way

Thanks, it took will power, need a loss this week :)

Perhaps a silly question...what does half a bottle of wine work out to be? Do you syn the glasses or is there a value for a whole bottle/half - can't see it in my old book.

It is syned by glass I am afraid!! (as far as I am aware) Have you ever tried the WW wine? Kind of never though was worth it - if you are going to have a glass of wine, may as well be one you like!

Enjoy your week off work! x

Nice diary. I remember a full bottle of wine being around 70 syns so half a bottle would be 35 but I could be wrong. Nice to get some new recipe ideas. xx

Hi there, thanks for stopping by. 70 syns! will stick to synning by the glass then :)

So plan for tomorrow....before weigh in (nervous)

EE

B - 1 x alpen light bar 1/2 HXB with an apple (sf)

2 x bottle of water
2 x coffee with milk 1/3 HXA

Pineapple (sf)

L - superspeed soup (sf, ss)
Another bottle of water
other alpen light bar 1/2HXB

I plan to drink my fourth bottle of water at 2:30 and then not have any more till after weigh in as i'm sure litres of water make pounds!

Am straight out for meal and cinema after weigh in so will report back when I get home....

So.....

weigh-in - 9.13.08 so if we're counting ounces it 2lbs off :)

Dinner was at wildwood - went for the healthiest option - superfood salad, pasta, brocoli, peas, chicken breast, yogurt dressing

Cinema was fully booked :-( so home to watch Apprentice and a cup of tea and alpen light bar - 3 syns

Last edited:
So happy with a loss :)

So...very happy with a 2lb loss and determined to see another bit off next week even if its not as much.

Looked over this weeks diary and I know for some people it doesn't make a difference but for me it seems 30-50 syns a week and spread over the days works for me, I will be back on the scan bran this week as have only had 1.5 also sticking with SF soup and the water challenge!

Enjoyed my few Green days this week but will try to have EE most days...actually looking forward to this eating week as only have a day in London on Sat to manage

So...very happy with a 2lb loss and determined to see another bit off next week even if its not as much.

Looked over this weeks diary and I know for some people it doesn't make a difference but for me it seems 30-50 syns a week and spread over the days works for me, I will be back on the scan bran this week as have only had 1.5 also sticking with SF soup and the water challenge!

Enjoyed my few Green days this week but will try to have EE most days...actually looking forward to this eating week as only have a day in London on Sat to manage

Wooop!!!!!! :) Well done hun!!!! Awesome loss!!! You must the thrilled! V pleased for you. xx :)

Week 11 - Day 1 Thursday

This week we want to see a loss, even if its just half a pound!

Today EE

B - 2 x alpen light bar HXB with cappuccino (skimmed milk) HXA on the train

Got to the london office and had an apple (sf) and 75cl bottle of water

1 more coffee

L - grilled chicken kebab - chicken breast, peppers (sf) onions (sf) with rice, salad - toms (sf) cucumber (sf) lettuce (sf) spoonful of houmous - 2 syns

Another 75cl water

Met the OH to go suit shopping, wondered into All bar one and had a glass of red - 6 syns then.....

into Strada, where i ordered a diet coke :) bottle of water :) and the pumpkin and butternut squash risotto - any ideas syns wise??? Its not in the book, no NV's on website but other italian dishes range from 7 - 9.5 so I'm gonna go with 8!

Today: 16 Syns
HXB 2 x Alpen light bar
HXA Skimmed Milk

Total for the week: 16/70

Last edited:
Week 11 - Day 2 Friday

WAS going to be....Red day today to make up for last nights syns - as red seem to be harder they must be better....

But got to dinner and switched to EE as soooooo hungry today

B - Pineapple (sf) mullar light cherry

2 x coffee with dash of milk
2 x bottle of water

Apple (sf)

L - 1 x scan bran and 2 x ryvita HXB topped with 3 extra light laughting cow triangle 1/2 HXA and cherry toms (sf) wafter thin chicken breast slices

1 x coffee
1 x water

Dinner tonight shall be...

Chicken fajitas - chicken breast, peppers (sf) onions (sf) cherry toms (sf) lettuce (sf) seasoning/paprika, boiled rice, reduced fat dips - 3 syns

Total for the day: 3 syns
HXB 1 x scan bran, 2 x ryvita
HXA 3 x laughing cow ex light, skimmed milk

Total for the week: 19/70

Last edited:
Saturday - started with such good intentions.....

EE

B - branflakes HXB with 100ml skimmed 1/3HXA, strawberries (sf)
Cup of tea

Off to London for the day with OH and his family.

On the train had a bottle of water and an apple (sf)

L - vegetable sushi from eat 1 syn with coffee rest of HXA

Went to the iMax to see Transformers in 3D - was pretty cool!

This is where it went downhill..lovely sunny day on the southbank, got ourselves some seats and bottle of Rose, then another one, then dinner

Steak, tenderstem broccoli (sf) salad (sf) chips - syns, bernaise sauce - syns!
Bottle of red - syns!!!

(I didn't drink the wine all by myself but easily had 7/8 glasses :-( woops)

Some of OH desert too - bad bad bad

So I am calling yesterday a flexible day there is no way I can claw back the syns over the week so drawing a line under it and carrying on with the week!

Sunday - EE

Feeling a little delicate this morning.

B - cup of tea and lots of water
Bacon sandwich - 2 x nimble wholemeal HXB ketchup - 1 syn

Strawberries (sf)

L - pasta, peas, spinach (sf) lemon juice, black pepper and little grated cheese HXA

Off to parents for BBQ

D - Salmon, burger, onions (sf) peppers (sf) lettuce (sf) cucumber (sf) chicken, potatoes, dressing - 3 syns

Strawberries (sf) with 1 tbsp of ice cream - 4 syns

Total for day: 8 syns
HXB 2 x nimble
HXA cheddar and skimmed milk

Last edited:
Monday - EE

Def not feeling good about weighing on wed :-( just being as good as poss till Wed....

B - branflakes HXB with strawberries (sf) and little skimmed milk 1/3 HXA

Bottle of water

Blueberries and raspberries (sf)
2 x mini (tini tiny) homemade meringue - 1 syn???

L - superspeed soup (sf)

Starbucks coffee frap light - rest of HXA, is there syns???

D - wholemeal spag, ham, spring onions (sf) eggs, fat free from frais, asparagus (sf) little Parmesan - 1.5 syns

Total for the day: 2.5 syns
HXB Branflakes
HXA Skimmed milk on cereal and in frappachino

Last edited:
Week 11 - Day 6 Tuesday

Ok....I seem to have lost it a little this week, I knew Sat would be bad but after the meal out on Thursday and haven't been to the gym I need to re-foucus, feel like i've even been half heartedly writing on here....anyway moving on!!!

Green today, back to basics

B - big bowl of blueberries (sf) and raspberries (sf)(ss)
Sugar free orange and a mug of tea - tash of milk

2 x nimble wholemeal HXB with baked beans (ss)
More squash, 1 more tea

Few strawberries (sf ss)

L - Pasta n sauce cheese and broccoli - 0.5 syn with asparagus (sf) and peas (ss)

Fibre plus bar HXB

Dinner will be...

Rice, red kidney beans in chili sauce with big salad (sf)

Total for the day: 0.5 syns
HXB Nimble wholemeal x 2 and fibre plus bar
HXA Skimmed milk in tea

Back on track, one more day to try and recover the weekend

Last edited:
Week 11 - Day 7 Wednesday :)

EE

B - 2 x Weetabix HXB with 200ml Skimmed Milk 2/3 HXA

1 litre of water and 2 x coffee

Raspberries (sf)

L - Rice salad - rice, red pepper (sf) lettuce (sf) mangetout (sf) with black pepper and lemon juice
Bottle of water

Feeling very bloated and fat today :-( Went to the gym for weigh-in and the scales read 10St....so 1/2 lb back on. But I except after Saturdays un-countable amount of syns so its ok!

Followed the weigh-in with a hardcore body pump session for an hour so hoping thats toned up some of that 1/2lb

D - Green day now today as haven't had any meat and fancy a little cheese...Pasta Bake - pasta, onions (sf) passata (sf) garlic (sf) herbs, tbsp of caramalised peppers - 1 syn? and little grated cheese HXB

Total for today: 1 syn
HXB Weetabix and Chedder
HXA Skimmed Milk

Last edited:
Ok finally week before I have a week off (work and SW)....altho will be weighing on wed as normal but sticking to plan till the Friday.

Day 1 - Thursday EE

B - few raspberries(sf) (5 - all that was left)
Fibre plus bar HXB
Skinny Cappuccino HXA
Bottle of water 500ml

Ordered the 30 day shred DVD on Amazon - scared!

2nd bottle of water

L - Sainsbury deli salad - red grapes (sf) pineapple (sf) lettuce (sf) pasta, quinoa, butternut squash (sf) cucumber (sf) peppers (sf) toms (sf) beans (sf) - I recon 3-5 syns for any added dressings/oils but all was very fresh and not oily at all :)
Another bottle of water

Americano dash of milk

STARVING today, blueberries (sf) few red grapes (sf)

D - noodles with beansprouts (sf) mangetout (sf) onions (sf) spices
Chicken with green pepper (sf) onion (sf) and black bean sauce 0.5 syns

Peppermint tea

Total for the day: 5.5 syns
HXB Fibre Plus Bar
HXA Skimmed Milk

Total for the week: 5.5 :) yay good start to the week :)

Going to get some scan bran on sat and try 2 a day till wed

Last edited:
Friday (finally) - EE

B - 2 x weetabix HXB with 180ml skimmed milk 1/2 HXA

Coffee dash of milk

Blueberries (sf) red grapes (sf)
2 x 500ml bottle of water

L - chicken salad - lettuce (sf) toms (sf) low fat dressing - 0.5 syns
Bottle of water

Apple (sf)

Tea with dash of milk
Another bottle of water

OH parents over for dinner tonight and I'm cooking Italian...

D - starters of mixed antipasti and I didn't touch the lovely homemade garlic bread :)
Dip made from canellini beans, roasted peppers (sf) red onion (sf) paprika
Mixed toms (sf) with basil and red wine vinegar
Parma ham, sundried Tom and mini mozzarella bite x 2 - 4 syns?

Main - pasta, ex lean mince, carrot (sf) spring onion (sf) celery (sf) chilli (sf) garlic (sf) tinned toms (sf) balsamic vinegar

1 glass of red - 6 syns
1 glass of sugar free lemon and lime water
1 x tea

Total for today: 10.5 syns
HXB weetabix
HXA skimmed milk

Total for the week: 16

Last edited:
EE

B - Half a pink grapefruit (sf) - didn't think i liked grapefruit but was nice :)...did plan to eat more but rushing around as starting decorating our flat today

L - jacket pot with baked beans (ss) salad - carrot (sf) toms (sf) lettuce (sf) small spoon of coleslaw - 1 syn
Bottle of water

Cup of tea dash of milk

Vigorous wall sanding and bathroom cleaning is my exercise today

some red grapes (sf)
1 x Ryvita original 1/2 HXB topped with the cannellini dip (see yesterday)

Dinner will be left over's from last night dinner -
pasta, ex lean mince beef, carrot (sf) celery (sf) spring onion (sf) red chili (sf) tinned toms (sf) with mixed lettuce (sf)

3 x scanbran ferrero's - 3 syns and 1/2 HXB with a cup of tea

Total for the day: 4 syns
HXB 1 x Ryvita original and 1.5 scan bran
HXA Skimmed Milk in tea (not whole of HXA)

Total for the week: 20

Last edited:
Sunday - EE

B - 3 x Ferrero Rocher bites - 3 syns & 1/2 HXB with strawberries (sf)

Cup of tea tash of milk x 2

sugar free orange squash and more strawberries (sf)

L - pasta with the rest of the dip - canellini beans, peppers (sf) red onion (sf) paprika with salad (sf)

Gym for some toning exercises 2 x bottle of water

Home and starving....roast dinner in the oven making tomorrows lunch ate a couple of spoonfulls of chicken salad

Dinner will be in AN HOUR AND A HALF :-(
Roast Chicken (skin removed) with roast potatoes (fry light) carrots (sf) celery (sf) onions (sf) broccoli (sf) with bovril chicken gravy YUMMY

So far.....
Total for the day: 3 syns
HXB 1.5 scan bran
HXA skimmed milk

Didn't have anything else so total for the week 23 :)

Last edited:
Monday - EE

Plan for tomorrow to help me focus, as I have a training course on Tuesday with the dreaded buffet lunch I will try to have no syns tomorrow

So day pretty much stayed as planned....

B - Branflakes HXB with 100ml skimmed milk 1/3 HXA with strawberries (sf)

2 x coffee with skimmed milk and 1 liter of water

Half a red grapefruit (sf)

L - Chicken breast slices, wholemeal pasta, fat free natural fromage frais mixed with curry powder, lettuce (sf)

An apple (sf) and another bottle of water

Starving! Ate 2 scan bran ferrero - 1 syn

OH at football so later D - salmon fillet, roasted peppers (sf) tomatoes (sf) garlic (sf) red onions (sf) fresh basil leaves and mixed herbs with little potatoes roasted with garlic

Total for the day: 2 syn
HXB Bran Flakes and 1/2 a scan bran
HXA Skimmed Milk

Total for the week: 25 :) looking good, fingers crossed for Wednesday

Last edited:
xstacey88x said:
Well done :) I am new to this site and planning on starting slimming world on Wednesday (20th July) Im also doing the diet from home.

Hi, good for you. It is hard to keep motivated when your doing it at home but writing everything on here (good or bad) def helps. You'll see the weight isn't flying off me this time round but it is coming off. Good luck

Tuesday - Green (accidentally)

B - half a red grapefruit (sf) apple (sf)
Coffee and fibre plus HXB

Water and more coffee

L - the dreaded work buffet...had 2 triangle cheese and pickle sandwiches - so 1 slice wholemeal HXB with cheese HXA + 2 syns? and pickle - 2 syns
Grapes and tangerine (sf)

Once the course finished I rushed to M&S as STARVING and got salad - wholemeal pasta, quinoa, broccoli (sf) spinach (sf) butternut squash (sf) and couple of sundried toms - 1 syn (didn't add the dressing)

Dinner will be late as shopping with OH cup of tea at the best cupcake shop in London (how I am resisting I don't know!)

2 x diet coke and now on the train home with vegetable tofu noodles from wasabi - best choice from the station....not sure on syns???? After thinking about this, I'm going to have to say 6 for tbsp of oil as don't know the NVs

Total for day: 11 :-(
HXB Fibre plus and 1 x wholemeal
HXA milk and cheddar

Total for the week: 36 syns

Last edited:
Back