SLIMFAST NEWBIES - Introductions

Hiya,

I'm starting again today - had a shocking couple of weeks as I got made redundant so everything went out of the window and I turned to food of course!! Reading these posts have been so inspiring and really helped me to get back on the wagon though. I want to be slim and fit again more than anything so I can enjoy life more and run around with my 4 year old without getting out of breath or feeling embarrassed.

I'm now using the redundancy as an opportunity to kick start me on the weight loss journey - whilst looking for another job at the same time of course. Got to pay the bills!!

Good luck everyone, I look forward to hearing of everyones losses!

Hi started slim fast on Sunday and feel it's going well just joined this group and reading everyone's comments really helpful weigh in is Sundays for me

Hi, I am just starting slimfast tomorrow, wish me luck! I need to lose 3 stone to get to my healthy weight :-(

Thanks! no i have not done slimfast properly before, i have a had a few shakes ages ago, but didn't follow the diet.

Me to first time doing it to the letter lol but seems to be working just need to start mixing my meals up abit been having the same things. have just signed up to the slimfast web site loads of FAQ on it and there's a forum as well give it a look has answered a few of my questions.

Hi I'm starting slim fast today to get myself back on track . Have been doing Slimming World on and off for 20+ years and although I like the freedom I'm still rubbish with portion control so although I lost weight it was very slow then I got fed up stopped going to group as was wasting my money and time and am now emotional eating like there's no tomorrow ! So after feeling very bloated heart burn etc through out the night it made me realise my body was trying to tell me this has to Stop ! So today I went to Asda and stocked up with Slimfast for me having not to think too much about food is the way forward I'm taking it one day at a time hoping I'll feel better health wise by the weekend fingers crossed . X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi kats it's a really good diet if your wanting to stop think about planning meals etc I'm on my 3rd week and going strong make sure you have plenty to drink.
I have done sw and put on weight as I just kept eating all the free foods which added up to a lot of calorie lol

Hi all I'm day 1 into slim fast diet but not sure If I can stick to it :/ I've got 8lbs I'd like to lose but I'm so hungry. Today I've had 2 cups of tea, 2 small satsumas as snacks, 2 vanilla shakes and for dinner a tiny portion of homemade risotto with asparagus and broccoli- am I eating enough/too much? I wasnt hungry in the day it's just this evening. I'd love some tips please :) xx

Hellllooo

Wow bit nervous to start sf but decided I need to shift some weight after stuffing my face for the last 4 months my clothes now are tight, I feel like a giant blimp. And it's making me a tad unhappy. I've decided to bite the bullet and try to do something about it!!!.

ive never done a plan like this before so I apologies for my stupid questions in advance haha. Been to scared to weigh myself for months so will psyche myself up and do it in the morning (let's hope I don't pass out with shock)

sorry I tend to ramble a bit ..... I do have a slight addiction to diet coke/coke zero/Pepsi max and the occasional diet irn bru so my first question is am I still able to drink this...?.....

I have been reading your blogs/posts and hope I can have a little bit of all your success

Posted this in other section too(silly me didn't realise there was a wee thread for newbie hellos)

xxxxx

Just thought I'd say Hi!

Day on of slim fast today, tried WW and SW but get fed up counting points so feel this will be much easier for me. Got about 1 1/2 stone to lose s hopefully this will give me a good boost. This forum has been a big help to me as a first timer!

Hi, I'm Amelia, I'm a newbie (been before). I'm 26, got a 7 year old daughter who loves fitness and exercise. I've managed to let myself get to nearly 16st due to giving up smoking and changing my eating habits. I now have a kick up the butt that I need to get started.

Hopefully meet new people here who I can chat to and share my experience with.

Amelia
My daughter is willing to help me with a fitness plan. I started slimfast on Monday and so far it is going quite well. Glad I am now by the third day as I always find that the hardest day, next day to get by is fifth, after that I think I will definitely be fine.

Hows it going? Im about to start tomorrow and scared I wont be able to do it but everyone here sounds supportive and lovely :)

Hi, you will do great, you have lots of support on this forum, it is amazing. Sometimes I feel I don't have the support of my friends or family and that is the reason I joined this forum. Good luck and if you feel the need to chat let me know. x

Hello :wavey:

I'm Cat, 35, married and have a little (or not so little) girl called Chloe.

I joined Minimins a little while ago in the Slimming World forum as I was struggling to stay on track. I ended up cheating on it a lot so thought I would try Slim Fast as it was a little more controlled and I think I needed the strictness to get back on track.

I started SF beginning of November and so far have lost 16lb's, 2 dress sizes and 40.5cm's across body so I am loving it.

Forgot to add, I track on MyFitnessPal so I can try to aim for 1200-1300 cals while doing SF as well as I noticed it tends to equate to around 1300ish and I find sometimes the shakes fill me enough I don't eat my snacks otherwise

Admittedly this is a daft time to join here as next week will be a week off the diet for Xmas as too much nice food that time of year but I have just ordered a few weeks worth from Superdrug (half price and CHRISTMAS20 takes 20% off!) so that we can start again after New Year.

Hello all
I joined minimins last year on the Cambridge diet and went from 24st to 14st.ive put about 8lb back on so Im starting slim fast tomoro hoping to lose 4st fingers crossed this will be my last attempt!! X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back