SLIMFAST NEWBIES - Introductions

hi sweetie, i know this will be hard for you as having also done sw in the past and the amount you can eat and then to come to sf and only have a little takes a lot of willpower:sigh:

so many of the lovely ladies on here have done so well on it that it does really work and i think the diff with sw is that its portion control. i struggle knowing what to eat and being bothered to make stuff so have found it really helpful to have the daytime food set out and only having to worry about the evening meal, even then i'm having ready meals but add salad or veg to bulk it up to the 600 cals.

go for it, i'm once you get in the swing of it you'll be fine. good luck x

Hi everyone. I'm a bit of an old hand at using the slimming world diet to lose weight but my sister has convinced me to give this a go. I have to say I always thought it was such a faddy thing but she has stuck to it for a few months now and has had great results. It's the simplicity of it that appeals to me. I have to admit that I'm not sure if I like the chocolate shake or not yet but I think because it's in my head that diet shakes taste like crap, it is tasting like crap :p Good luck to everyone, I hope the weight loss fairy takes two pounds from you all this week especially me! :)

Weight today: 9 12.6 st
Highest: 11st (2003)
Goal: The elusive 9st!

Hi, I think you'll be fine doing SF. You are right though the chocolate shake is nasty!! lol

Good luck!

Hi everyone. Thought i'd better introduce myself before i start posting. I'm Sarah and i started on the slimfast diet yesterday. I tried slimfast about 8 years ago but was well and truely put off when the chocolate ones made me physically sick every night??? So far strawberry seems okay. I'm finding it hard cos i love my food but also i like the idea of not having to think about what to fetch for my breakfast and dinner, which seems odd cos i'm used to only thinking between one meal and the next!

Fingers crossed this one will work for me.

hi Sarah, how you finding your first week? I know what you mean about the chocolate ones!! lol I tried the ready made bannoffee one a little while ago I gagged in the middle of a pub full of people eating lunch!!! lol

Hi There, well i'm starting Slim fast today, i have been considering doing the cambridge diet but just cannot stretch my budget to it! So here i am :) im looking forward to not have to think about food too much during the day and like the fact i can still enjoy some food and snacks in the evening! (my munchie period!)

Not quite sure how to start but ive brought some tins of choc, strawberry & vanilla shake & a few SF bars so will see how we go today!!

Good luck Starbucks101!
first week is always hardest but i'm sure you will be pleased once you see the first drop on the scales!
the ready made shakes are nice too and good if your on the go, avoids temptation to pick up a sandwich in stead!
there is a post how to do slimfast that has some tips in etc!

... i have no calorie counting book as yet which is my next thing to buy

If you ring SlimFast (UK 0800 567 4471; ROI 1850 419 172) and ask for a pack, they'll send you one, which includes some info about SlimFast, but also their OWN calorie-counter. This doesn't list SlimFast products, but many others and I'm sure you'll find it very useful.

[Oh my, are SlimFast ever going to thank me when they get a deluge of calls tomorrow!]

ha i'm the other way around, i only buy the ready made cartons, have mixed a few up but i dont like the taste of it if i make it myself, and its just not as thick!

Many people say this, I must be in the minority: I enjoy the shakes made up from powder, but find the ready-mades watery and have a slightly metalic taste to them. When they used to come in cans, I thought it was the container that was the problem, but even in the plastic bottles it's just the same. I shake them for a long time, but they still just don't seem to have anything to them. The powder seems to be much better, even if made in the shaker without ice.

Hi everyone,
I'm starting the Slimfast plan today in a last ditch attempt to drop some weight before summer. I want to feel less uncomfortable when temperatures, hopefully, rise. I've tried lots of diets over the years but typically lose 7-10 pounds then give up and put it all on again! My main downfall is comfort eating in the evening as I can be 'good' all day but crave sweet and high fat foods at night. I hope that I have more will-power this time and thank all of you in advance for your advice, encouragement and support!
Kind regards,

Hi Everyone!!

I've just started today (yummy cereal bar!) and have about 6 1/2 to 7 stone to lose.

Am really really low and depressed at the moment (what's new!) but know it's all down to issues I have surrounding my weight and how I look and how uncomfortable I feel and have basically hit rock bottom and enough is enough.

It's either this or go see the GP and I really really don't want to do that and know that what they will do is not what I really need (anti-depressants!) so Im sure Im gonna be on here for loads of support!!

Had HUGE long chat with DH last night (all evening) and he now understands exactly how low I am (he doesn't have weight problems - he's Mr Healthy and Mr Fit which doesn't help as he can't really relate to what Im talking about).

I've decided to do SF because I need to get control over my eating and not binge / eat rubbish and having to calorie count / weigh every morsel of food that I eat is not gonna help me as it becomes a cycle and I end up constantly thinking about food and becoming more down about it all ........... not helpful!! So SF to give me a kick start + a Wii Fit to do some exercise as going to the gym is not really an option either and it's something the kids will enjoy playing with as well!

WOW! Talk about giving you the whole sob story!! Sorry - didn't mean to do that but need to be honest about all of this so Im not kidding myself.

My plan is to use SF for a kick start and to prove to myself that I can do it and then to gradually incorporate having a meal as opposed to shake etc for lunch and get to grips with my eating that way!!

Anyhow that's me - just wanted to stop in and say HI and say well done to everyone that's lost weight already - that's gonna be my inspiration!!

Hi Mandy and welcome!
I started with Slimfast yesterday and can totally relate to how you're feeling! I have lots of days when I feel really low myself and, having stopped antidepressants in January on my doctor's advice, I don't want to go down that route again. I know that if I could get down to a healthy weight, and start to take some pride in my appearance again, my self esteem would improve and I would feel happier.
Wishing you lots of success and looking forward to hearing how you're getting on!

Hi Dawn and Mandy, you'll love it on here, it's full of lovely people always willing to offer friendly advise, support and a kick up the bum when needed. :8855:

When I started my diet I felt the same way. But it didn't take long until I started to feel better and take pride in myself again. The only trouble now is getting out the bathroom and away from the mirrors and make-up counters!! :8855:

Good luck girls, you'll be great. :D

hi mandy and dawn, this is such a terrific site, loads of support and a great place just to offload! i've also been where you are now and even though just had a blip over easter am raring to go! any diet isn't easy but you have decided to go on sf and it does work if you do! good luck in your first week x

I did an intro in the main newbie section, but thought I'd say hi here too as I am embarking on Slim Fast. Started yesterday and had a 100% day.

Back