SLIMFAST NEWBIES - Introductions

Myaevesmummy said:
Hi all! Just found this great forum! I started slim fast about 8 weeks ago and have lost a stone so far. Have just recently upped my exercise regime as I've seen my fitness levels really improve.. Lots of Zumba and power pramming! Unfortunately though, i managed to 'stay the same' this week :(. I'm currently 12stone 13lbs and would love to get down to around 9/10 stone. Love blissful banana! Xx

Hi love
Welcome to the forum! U have
done very well on yr weight loss n exercise!
Some weeks I can imagine STS I think I will have this wk, joined a gym n I think sometimes wen u tone up ur muscle weighs a bit more maybe?
I am currently 11 st 9 n I want to be 10st/ 10st 5!
Carry on being fit u r doing well.
Join our SF buddy thread for any worries or thoughts u have. Also keep a diary on the diary thread it's very helpful sweet x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi! Thanks for the welcome Liz! Will definitely post on the buddy thread, I do need a bit of support and a rant! Lol. I have done 4 hours of zumba this week (oh the sweat!!) and have walked for miles with the buggy and even done a bit of treadmill here and there... so I'm guessing it could be that I've possibly toned up? What should I do though? If I keep on with the exercise will I begin loosing the weight again? Or should I cut down on the exercise for now? I don't want this STS to make me give up and I'm worried it will if I have another bad week? Xx

No need to cut down on The exercise love cos it's all good it is getin rid of yr cals. Yr system will get used to u doin more exercise n u will carry on loosing weight. I want to tone so I asked OH who does weights n he said to loose weight u need use less weights but more reps to tone rather than to build muscle so that's same sort of thing love x if u get me? X

oh that's great, thanks for the advice hun! Will definitely stick to it then and hopefully see some results soon enough! Xx

No prob anytime Hun x wots ur name love? N ru on myfitnesspal ? X

Welcome to the forum! :) I agree with Wishbird - lower weights with higher reps is best for toning up! Well done for losing a stone so far! Maybe try taking your measurements as well as weighing? If you're exercising a lot, you're probably losing fat and gaining muscle, and cos muscle weighs more, you might find yourself staying the same, but you'll still be losing inches. Measurements can show losses from specific parts of the body, so it's very helpful! :)

hi all; i've done WW for ages and lost nearly 5 stone on there, but for the last stone of my journey im finding it tough! so i'm going to be starting slimfast/ultraslim tomorrow and see how i get on for the week i'm not too fussed about sticking to it 100% so i may have a snack thats 120 cals and not 100 etc! but will definitely do two shakes and my 600cals dinner :) .... plus with the shakes ive tried em with the suggested two scoops and its too much for me, so ill only be having one scoop not the two... hope this is still ok? thanks everyone :)

Hi everyone,
I have started slim fast this morning! Researching this section for hints, tips and advice :D After losing 2 stone 2lbs on slimming world I have about 4 more to go.... need a change at the moment and I hope slim fast is it!
Really hope this works for me and that I can stick to the plan properly.

To clarify it is 3,2,1.

3 snacks (100 calories or less)
2 shakes (or replacement meals)
and 1 500 calorie meal?!

I have two questions (sorry :p)

- If I skip a snack, can I have a 600c meal?
- Does it matter which meals you replace with shakes?

Thanks in advance everyone, and good luck! x

Ela ine said:
Hi everyone,
I have started slim fast this morning! Researching this section for hints, tips and advice :D After losing 2 stone 2lbs on slimming world I have about 4 more to go.... need a change at the moment and I hope slim fast is it!
Really hope this works for me and that I can stick to the plan properly.

To clarify it is 3,2,1.

3 snacks (100 calories or less)
2 shakes (or replacement meals)
and 1 500 calorie meal?!

I have two questions (sorry :p)

- If I skip a snack, can I have a 600c meal?
- Does it matter which meals you replace with shakes?

Thanks in advance everyone, and good luck! x

Hi n welcome n good luck

The 3 2 1 is right love.
I have occasionally replaced my lunch with a low cal meal n I know some others on the forum replace their morning shake with a breakfast n they still seem to loose something. So I don't think there's any harm in it.
And I can't see that it wud be a prob skipping n adding a few more cals for yr tea.
I am on my 5th wk n have lost over 6lb n I just eat relatively wot I want I only count calories using Myfitnesspal app on my moby but it appears it sticks within my 1200 n exercise x
All the best to u
X

Hi n welcome n good luck

The 3 2 1 is right love.
I have occasionally replaced my lunch with a low cal meal n I know some others on the forum replace their morning shake with a breakfast n they still seem to loose something. So I don't think there's any harm in it.
And I can't see that it wud be a prob skipping n adding a few more cals for yr tea.
I am on my 5th wk n have lost over 6lb n I just eat relatively wot I want I only count calories using Myfitnesspal app on my moby but it appears it sticks within my 1200 n exercise x
All the best to u
X

Thank you hun, I am hoping to have success with this!
So far had a vanilla shake for breakfast (which I found okay) and a strawberry one for lunc.. found some tiny blue specks in it though? hoping this is just the colouring hahah!

Also - is it just me or does it smell slightly? I'm very surprised with how filling it is!
Grapes and water for the rest of the day at work.

Well done on the 6lbs off hun - that's almost half a stone! x

Ela ine said:
Thank you hun, I am hoping to have success with this!
So far had a vanilla shake for breakfast (which I found okay) and a strawberry one for lunc.. found some tiny blue specks in it though? hoping this is just the colouring hahah!

Also - is it just me or does it smell slightly? I'm very surprised with how filling it is!
Grapes and water for the rest of the day at work.

Well done on the 6lbs off hun - that's almost half a stone! x

Thanks for the well done I am really impressed I have stuck with it, done SW before n it was really faffy so this is easy in comparison!

I have found blue bits in before I think it's just the powder, have u been mixing ur shakes in a blender? I blend mine in a morning then put them in water bottles for work makes em much nicer. I also add 250ml of water to the milk to make it a longer shake which makes it even more filling!

Join the diary thread n set up one it really helps u x

They r v filling yes defo which is great!

Wot u having for yr tea?

X

I thought the meal was supposed to be 600 calories anyway, not 500? Am I wrong?

*Emma said:
I thought the meal was supposed to be 600 calories anyway, not 500? Am I wrong?

According to SF website it's 500 cals a meal Hun xx

Front page says 500 cals! So go figure x

I have to disagree with you again! It says 600 (Weight Loss Recipes | Slim Fast), and so do the snacks and powder tubs. If you only had 500 calories for your meal, you wouldn't reach 1200 calories a day.

Wishbird007 said:
Thanks for the well done I am really impressed I have stuck with it, done SW before n it was really faffy so this is easy in comparison!

I have found blue bits in before I think it's just the powder, have u been mixing ur shakes in a blender? I blend mine in a morning then put them in water bottles for work makes em much nicer. I also add 250ml of water to the milk to make it a longer shake which makes it even more filling!

Join the diary thread n set up one it really helps u x

They r v filling yes defo which is great!

Wot u having for yr tea?

X

Ahhh - good idea with the water bottle!
MUCH more filling than I imagined them to be... Shall definitely try the trick with the extra water! Aha.

For tea I had salad, boiled egg, tuna and jacket potatoe! (check me trying to get the most food for my cals) ahaha!

Good luck with tomorrow - I'm taking this thing one step at a time!!

*Emma said:
I have to disagree with you again! It says 600 (Weight Loss Recipes | Slim Fast), and so do the snacks and powder tubs. If you only had 500 calories for your meal, you wouldn't reach 1200 calories a day.

Hi hun, I was Confused too (my friend insists it's 600) and I'm sure it won't make that much difference but if you had:

Shake: 230 cals (what it says on my tin anyway)
Snack
Shake: 230
Snack
Dinner: 500
Snack

And the snacks went up to 100 each, per day you'd be consuming between 1,200 - 1,500 per day. As I've got a lot to lose I'm definitely going to make sure I eat all recommended on sf - because as a previous swer, that's v. Low cal to me!

How have you done today? I'm haven't been all that hungry! Wow

*Emma said:

I not really bothered either way, wots 100 cals btw friends ;-) x

Aye it makes yr shake much more filling!
Yr tea Sounded v Healthy well done!
Good luck
X

Good morning ladies (and gents)

I'm new to Slim Fast and have never tried it before. Today is my first day.

So far I have had a chocolate powder shake and a banana.

I think I need to think of an easier way to make the shakes up, as doing it in work with the powder is proving quite difficult without the correct equipment.

I'm looking forward to the first weigh in and am hoping for good results.

any advice on how to get through the weekends? weekdays in work are easy, I'm dreading fighting through the weekend.

Many thanks

Nikki

Back