SLIMFAST NEWBIES - Introductions

Had a pre-made strawberry one this morning and it was delish! Def think I could live off those! X

Last edited:
I panicked last night when my mum brought a Subway back for everyone. Could honestly have cried, but she'd had a word with the lady on the counter who apparently also does SF and she did up a 6" turkey sub with light mayo and LOADS of salad that comes in at less than 600!
Chuffed to bits!

Hi, I am a newbie and was looking at starting Lipotrim today but I am going out next weekend and decided I couldn't live with the no food at all idea and as I have a few SF products in the cupboard I may try this instead. I struggle due to my job that some days I can only have 1 meal a day which makes this perfect.

Hi wedding_dream

That's y I picked this diet for its convenience. Takes most of the choices away which I find keeps me focused and stops me obsessing about what to eat.
Good luck :) x

Thank you, I am a chef and we are so busy it is usually convience food like crisps and chips that gets me through. I did slimming world and lost almost 3st but must have put at least 2 back on from picking at rubbish. So hoping to learn not too eat everything with SF and get back on to SW eventually.
First step today after shopping I came home hungry but made a cuppa to take the edge away.

Hi my name is Charlie and I'm 25, I'm on day 5 of slimfast (doing it with my bestie!) I have about 2 stone to lose. I am doing well but starving....on an evening/night which is making me want to binge so far I am staying strong....I even watched my hubby eat cheesy chips with BBQ sauce last night (my favourite!!) and didn't touch one!

Welcome to all the newbies- Hope it goes well for you
xxx

Hello All!
Newbie here! I am looking at starting Slim Fast and came across this forum and it looks great.
I am planning on doing slim fast as it seems to suit my life style the best and i wont be starving! I did try a VLCD diet a few weeks ago and it was too much for me i felt terrible.

I am going to order it from Tesco, and probably start by having a weight watchers meal for dinner, with salad or veg. I am a busy mum and my boyfriend works very long hours so i think this maybe easiest for me.

Fingers crossed!!

Hi all, *waves*

Have been on Slim fast a week now, and so far so good :) 4lbs down. YAY

1st time doing Slim fast. have been a staunch Slimming world follower for years, but just hasn't been working of late, so thought a change would be good. I thought i would be feeling really hungry as i do love my food, and used to the unlimited free food that slimming world offers, but have been pleasantly suprised and enjoying the different variety of foods for the 600 cal evening meals.

Hi! I'm another Slimming World advocate that's switched to Slim Fast for a while! I've just finished my first week and, despite pretty much having the weekend off, I've lost 2lbs! Feeling chuffed! I stopped going to SW in April as life just got too hectic and I was working away for a month, and in those 4 months I've gained over a stone :(. Still, I'm over a stone down from when I started SW so I've just got to plough on before my holiday on 2nd Oct! Fingers crossed!

Hi i also done sw and was quite pleased with the results at first having lost 4 st however i put it all and more back on again as i cant get to classes anymore,my friend suggested slim fast she lost 2 st on it a while ago so i have started today hoping i have more willpower with this than i did with sw at home xx

Hi all,

I'm here to join you on mission skinny if that's ok! Today is day 1 getting my butt into gear and taking control of my overeating!

Ok so me in a nutshell...I'm 5 ft 4 in and weight 13st 2lb (size 16). On my wedding day 7 years ago I was a happy and healthy size 12 and 10 stone exactly and my plan is get back to that me who had loads of energy and felt great. Since then I've had a beautiful son who's now 4 1/2 yrs and about to start school next week eek!! I successfully lost my baby weight with Slimming World but unfortunately we've had a v stressful 6 months and my problem is when I'm stressed or down I comfort eat to the extreme!!

I don't plan to be on Slimfast long term as my husband and I are both real foodies (part of the problem!!) and I think the Slimming World plan will work better for me long term. BUT I need a 'boost' to get motivated and get my overeating & portion control sorted first which is where I think Slim Fast will be great. So I'll be on it until I shift the 1st stone and then on Slimming World after that.

Day 1 is going ok so far - I've had a shake for breakfast and I'm just having an apple as my first snack. I do have a couple of questions - Is it ok to have the odd tea/ coffee with skimmed milk and sweetner? Also is diet coke allowed?? If it's not I think I'll have to bend the rules as I need the caffine at the moment!!

I think this site is really great for inspiration and practical advice - I'll be on it a lot that's for sure! So just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm here.

xxxx

PS: I also have a v slim husband who eats like a horse and never puts on weight - whats that about?!!!

Hey Slimontheinside :)
I'm 3 weeks into Slim fast and am actually, very surprisingly, loving it more than Slimming world. As there are far less 'rules' to follow, and is actually much easier to follow i find. Slimming world is great for unlimited free food etc, but you do need to do everything from scratch, so is time consuming i find.

Slim fast is easy. However, i have made my own tweaks, but it working for me. 7lbs in 3 week ( and one week with 2 BAD days!)

I am loving the freedom of a 600 cal evening meal, not having to follow the set rules that slimming world has, and can change the evening meal if necessary, and it doesnt impact on what i have had the rest of the day (eg red or green)

I have 1/2 a milk shake and 1/2 a bar for breakfast ( needed something to actually chew for breakfast, just shake didn't satisfy me)
have a snack at 11am ish
lunch i couldn't be dealing with a sweet bar/shake for lunch.
so i have my 2 other 100cal snacks as a savoury lunch. weight watcher soup, 2 ryvita and a cheese triangle and some salad feels more 'lunch like'
had some squid rings in paprika (86cals) and some salad leaves/cucmber/cherry tomatos (15 cals)
2x ryvita (74cals) 1x cheese triangle (25 cals) =200

i have my other half of snack bar mid afternoon

600 cal eve meal ( we even found proper PIZZA in tesco for 490 cals for the WHOLE pizza :) )
and my last 1/2 milk shake for evening drink.

Things that were free on SW (eg large jacket potato and beans, ends up being high calories)
so we have had a greater variety of food since starting SW.
For hubby, its much easier if he is away, as he can just get a ready meal for 600 cals or less and be ok. Ready meals on SW didnt really work.

Hey Slimontheinside :)
I'm 3 weeks into Slim fast and am actually, very surprisingly, loving it more than Slimming world. As there are far less 'rules' to follow, and is actually much easier to follow i find. Slimming world is great for unlimited free food etc, but you do need to do everything from scratch, so is time consuming i find.

Slim fast is easy. However, i have made my own tweaks, but it working for me. 7lbs in 3 week ( and one week with 2 BAD days!)

I am loving the freedom of a 600 cal evening meal, not having to follow the set rules that slimming world has, and can change the evening meal if necessary, and it doesnt impact on what i have had the rest of the day (eg red or green)

I have 1/2 a milk shake and 1/2 a bar for breakfast ( needed something to actually chew for breakfast, just shake didn't satisfy me)
have a snack at 11am ish
lunch i couldn't be dealing with a sweet bar/shake for lunch.
so i have my 2 other 100cal snacks as a savoury lunch. weight watcher soup, 2 ryvita and a cheese triangle and some salad feels more 'lunch like'
had some squid rings in paprika (86cals) and some salad leaves/cucmber/cherry tomatos (15 cals)
2x ryvita (74cals) 1x cheese triangle (25 cals) =200

i have my other half of snack bar mid afternoon

600 cal eve meal ( we even found proper PIZZA in tesco for 490 cals for the WHOLE pizza :) )
and my last 1/2 milk shake for evening drink.

Things that were free on SW (eg large jacket potato and beans, ends up being high calories)
so we have had a greater variety of food since starting SW.
For hubby, its much easier if he is away, as he can just get a ready meal for 600 cals or less and be ok. Ready meals on SW didnt really work.

I agree about the freedom i change mine up a bit to fit like shake at 10 morning snack at 12 of soup then shake and next snack through afternoon always worked for me!

Hi everyone, really nice to hear from you and thanks so much for the tips & advice. Really like the idea of swapping things around & having 2 x 100 cal snacks for lunch. I'll have to experiment!

Day 2 has gone fine & I'm actually enjoying feeling more in control of thingsx

Tomorrow will be my 2nd week done into the SlimFast diet and cant deny i'm really enjoying it.. Always been a sucker for a milkshake and was pleasantly surprised at how nice the shakes were!
I'm seeing it more of a permanent way of living rather than a part time diet, as I never used to bother with breakfast or lunch just had a big meal and lots of junk in the evenings it seems more sensible.

After a relationship that consisted of drugs, getting the munchies, ordering take aways and going out for dinner, spending ridiculous amounts of money and then to come out of it and to be called every name under the sun including being called a "fat beast" I told her I may be fat but I can change that and that she would never be anything but a foul human being and here I am a few weeks out of the relationship and lost 10lbs, gained a load of confidence and have my whole life ahead of me.

I have a lot of support and a lot of plans for 2014 and being slim and fit would really help me along the way.
2 months a go I got my license for owning livestock, saved and saved to get 5 rare breed sheep which has opened up everything and made me realise I want to go back to college to study agriculture :)

Hi I'm starting slimfast today, at 20st 4lbs, I have ordered enough for 6 weeks and am awaiting a message from boots to say its arrived, so I have had an asda caffe latte shake this morning to tide me over, yummy. I did slimming world for a few weeks back in July and lost but weighed in this morning 9lbs heavier than when I fell off the wagon. Going to go without weighing for 6 weeks and see what I can achieve when I just take food out the equation. Can anyone advise me if its okay to have 1 snack and an 800 calorie meal as I feel it would be easier to stick to if it didn't disrupt our family meal at all, we generally cook from scratch so it won't always be 800 sometimes less but I would like the flexibility? Thanks Marie x

Back