slimmer of the week question

josiejo1968

going to do it!!!!
hi all , last night was my 2nd wi and i lost 3.5lb and was well pleased i also lost 2.5lb last week. I have stayed to class both weeks. i was wondering how the sow worked because the lady that got it last night had lost 3lb so i lost more, but do you have to have been a member for so long before you are eligble for it??

Hmm. I know you cant get it for your first weigh in back after your initial meeting because the first week loss always tends to be the biggest, but second WI you should be eligible. The rule is that you have to have lost in the previous week to have this weeks loss eligible for SOTW. Not sure why you werent awarded it, it sounded like you should have been. Mind you, I prolly should have been this week too, but the electronic system decided to award me a 2st 2lb weight gain instead, so I wasnt.

If its important to you, I suggest you ask your consultant "just out of interest".

I would talk to your consultant, I think you should have got SOTW - and at the moment with them giving away this summer booklet that's only given to SOTW, SOTM and people who buy 6 or 12 weeks of classes at once, I think it's only fair that if you lost the most, and lost last week, you get awarded what you're entitled to - including a copy of the book :)

i think that the first weigh in isnt counted, so even though youve lost 2 wk in a row, because the first week doesnt count, in terms of SOW youve only lost for 1 week.
to get SOW you also have to have lost or SS the week before as well.

well done on the loss though, youve done really well !

I got SOTW in my second week; however, it may be that each consultant applies the criteria differently.

Yep, that could definitely explain it as well!

I got SOW on my 2nd week, lost 5lbs, so it seems a bit strange that you didn't get it. Would it make a difference if someone reached a milestone like club 10 or reached their target etc?

Are you on the electronic system? If so then it works out SOTW and you should be eligible after your second loss. Atleast that's what ours does. If she didn't read it off the PDA perhaps she's working it out and getting it wrong. In my group she reads the losses or gains then does awards then reads out the SOTW. I'd mention it to her, give her a ring and ask for the rules of SOTW. If she tells you what we have then you can slip in that you should have had it and are disappointed. That way you aren't ringing to have a go at her but to enquire.;)

My s.w class have the pdq thingy too and last nite she did slimmer of the month for the first time and she awarded somebody else and not me even though i lost more than him in july!!!

cant understand it!!!!

Thanks everyone for all your replies, i dont mean to sound petty, i just wanted a sticker lol!! just going have to make sure i get i next week instead!!! ( think i will ention it to consultant ...just out of interest :D)
one last question and then i promise to keep quiet about sotw, can 2 or more people share it if they all lose the same amount???

I know I have said this before, and risk being a bit of a bore on the subject, but people really should talk to their consultants if they have a query or a problem.

I know a couple of consultants (in addition to my own) and I know from what they say that they hate it when someone has not spoken out about something that is worrying them. The number of times I have heard "oh dear, why didn't she just ask me, it's what I am there for!".

So do ask your consultant what happened. There may be a reason, she might have made a mistake - and if she did, I bet she will want to put it right.

one last question and then i promise to keep quiet about sotw, can 2 or more people share it if they all lose the same amount???
Yes they can :) I got SOTW on my second WI (so my third week) after losing 5lbs and another lady also lost 5lbs and we both got stickers, certificates, and shared the fruit basket :)

Was your WI your second one as in your second time of going (ie, you join and weigh then, and the next week you weigh to see your first loss...) or your third one, as in your third time of going but second time your loss is written in the book?

If you joined the week before, as some of the others have said, you wouldn't be eligible for SOTW. If this was your THIRD time of going to class, so you'd had your joining week, your loss week and THEN lost again, you would be eligible. I just re-read your initial post and think I read it differently the first time I replied :)

Hi little picker it was my 3rd time going to class. avisk , i dont think its my consultant that works out the sotw as she doesnt weigh anyone, its somebody else so i may just ask her about it on tuesday i dont want to cause any hassle i just wanted to know if i was eligble. thanks again for all you help guys you really are a friendly group xx

If it was your third time going to class then you were eligible - definitely ask about it, and ask about the Summertime and the Slimming is Easy booklet you should have received, too :)

Good luck!

did you mean me ellebear???

if so its not my first month ive been there 12 weeks now!!
the person they gave it too was there first month

well thanks to you guys and your words of encouragement i rang consultant(who is so nice) and just enquired she checked i up for me and it was me who should have got sotw so she going sort it for me for next wi!! got a sticker for my book!!!:D:D:D hope its the first of many... half stone next week here i come!!:)

What's this summer booklet I've seen mentioned? I got sotm this month and I bought a countdown the other week too but I've not seen or heard anything about it? What have I missed out on? :)

Back