Slimming with a disability

downsizeme!

Hi all. I'm on day 4 of the Cambridge diet and trying my hardest to stay motivated. I used to be a personal trainer and now I face life in a wheelchair. I was comfort eating for a while and doing my joints no favours so I decided to get a grip and pull out all the stops. I enjoy reading everyone's success stories and I'm glad I have found a place to be with like minded people. Wishing you all the very best!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya! Thought I'd say hello as I also have disability issues, albeit I'm not in a wheelchair. I have osteoarthritis in both knees, gallstones and ME/CFS, so I don't exercise at all, just use dietary control. Getting on towards 9 stone lost now, so it can be done. How much are you looking to lose? All the best. :) xx

That's fantastic. I'm looking to get from 11st 9 to 9st which isn't huge I know but I have Ehlers Danlos syndrome and my joints dislocate do easily I can't afford to have any extra weight. I am still up and about just now...just and the weight was creeping on so I have to do it now before I'm completely immobile. Hoping it might even keep me out of the chair and on crutches a bit longer! Well done you ? x

downsizeme! said:
That's fantastic. I'm looking to get from 11st 9 to 9st which isn't huge I know but I have Ehlers Danlos syndrome and my joints dislocate do easily I can't afford to have any extra weight. I am still up and about just now...just and the weight was creeping on so I have to do it now before I'm completely immobile. Hoping it might even keep me out of the chair and on crutches a bit longer! Well done you ? x

Oh thank you, that's very kind of you to say. :) it must be very difficult having a condition like yours that seriously impairs your mobility - I just plod along with an elbow crutch! This is a great place to come for motivation and support, I've found it very helpful. :) xx

Yes it really is and I'm glad I've found it. Thank you and I hope you are doing well on your journey? :)

downsizeme! said:
Yes it really is and I'm glad I've found it. Thank you and I hope you are doing well on your journey? :)

Yes, it's going well, thanks - but this last bit is such slow going, lol. :) xx

Epic fail! Been stuck in bed and wheelchair for 3 days now and yesterday I got down and had comfort food :( gutted at myself! :(

Back