Slimming world and date nights

Penny0815

Hi guys - I'm brand spanking new to this site! I was reccommended this by a friend.

My partner and I both joined slimming world last week - weighed on Monday and both achieved our 1/2 stone awards!! OH lost 8lbs!

We've decided to try and routine our social life so we manage to fit some sort of exercise in. Date nights are Wednesday but I'm finding it really hard to find activities for us to do. We go out for hours with the dog on Thursday (as well as her daily walks and weekend run down the beach) so something other than a walk would be a bonus!

We've done the bowling/cinema thing but can't think of anything else that doesn't include food!

We want to cook our meals before we go out too so we stick to plan but does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! x

Are there any activity / leisure centres near you that you could go to? Swimming is a fun thing to do as a couple, as is climbing on those indoor climbing walls. I've not done it but a couple that I know started climbing together just so they could spend time with each other out the house and now they go twice a week and absolutely love it!

As the weather's getting warmer, how about outdoor tennis? Or maybe hire a court for badminton or squash? A lot of leisure centres hire courts out for an hour at a time at pay-as-you-go prices so you don't need a membership. Doing some exercise while you're out will also get you in a good mind set to stay on plan when you get home as you won't want to undo all the work you've just done :) If you're doing it as a couple and enjoying it, it won't even feel like exercise :)

I know it's food related but have you tried harvester. Majority of they food is chicken and steaks and they do unlimited salad :) it's where me and hubby are going for our anniversary meal next Saturday xx

Thank you so much for your replies! We did the harvester on Wednesday and had the simple grilled chicken and asked them to hold the garlic butter! OH had steak and cut all the fat off. We synned the dressing on our salad and stayed away from the potato salad/coleslaw. We did have the couscous though and synned that too. But overall we were under our 15syn limit by a lot! So we were very happy with that :)

Swimming is a great one! We might do that actually. We're just looking into time tables now. Im not sure about the rock climbing walls. I don't feel very fit at all and I don't think those chords would hold me! :-D maybe something to try when I've slimmed down a bit. But a great suggestion. I did think about us having a leisure centre spa session so we could always do that before/after swimming or make them separate so we get more time out of the house through the week. Sauna/steam room etc must be good for weight loss :-D x

Back