Slimming World Food Diary, pregnant & due 15th Jan, hoping this will help motivate me

Skonions said:
Well yesterday ended up a very naughty day, whoops!!!

Brekkie - branflakesm skimmed milk, strawberries & grapes (HEA&B)

Lunch - chicken, salad & co-op roasted veg couscous, the syns weren't on the ap but there was a similar one for 3.5 syns, just to be safe I'll count (4syns)

Snacks - Necterine, haven't had one for ages, mmmmmmmm, then hubs buys a huge twix so I thought I'd have a Freddo Frog as had nothing naughty planned for later (5.5 syns)

Then I got a text inviting me round to a girls night last minute and I hadnt done that for ages!! They're on slimming world too so hoped it wouldnt be too naughty, there was gonna be chilli, lasagne & salad I was told. I wasn't going until 7.30 & got hungry at my mother in laws as we were round there so had a cheese sarnie as not much else I could have (HEA&B)

So at my friends I had chilli which I was told was free but it had chorizo in (yum yum) which I told them was deffo not free but they hadn't used a lot, plain jacket, a tiny bit of lasagne and lots of salad, not too bad really, I'm gonna count (6 syns)

Then came the deserts, homemade blackberry cheesecake & Nigellas choccie mousse which isn't made with eggs so I could eat it, they were AMAZING very naughty I'm gonna guess at (25 syns)

THEN the box of chocolates came out, dairy box which are my fave, I think I had 8, 2 syns each so (16syns)

I did take diet cloudy lemonade to drink so that was all syn free at least!!

So that's a grand total of 56.5 SYNS if I've guessed right, whoops!!! :)

I wouldn't worry too much about it! Like u said, u don't do it often!! ;-) x

Brekkie - Scrambled egg, cherry tomatoes & mushrooms on wholemeal toast (HEB)

Lunch - Roast gammon, roast spuds, parsnips, broccoli, carrots, cabbage, sweetcorn, wholegrain mustard (1 syn) & gravy (3 syns)

Snack - Nectarine

Dinner - Bacon, chilli philli spaghetti with red onion, mushrooms, courgette & cherry tomatoes (HEA)

Coconut chocolate mousse - coconut muller light, quark, coconut options (2 syns) really really yummy, would deffo recommend!!

6 syns & I feel like I've pigged out today :)

Brekkie - weetabix with skimmed milk & banana (HEA&B)

Snack - nectarine

Lunch - sausage & potato spicy bake out of the freezer with veg (2syns)

Dinner - fish pie with cod, courgettes, cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn, mushrooms & low fat Campbell's mushroom soup for the sauce topped with mash & cheese served with veg! The soup is 7 syns for the tin, I made enough for 2 adult portions & 2 child portions so (3syns)

Snack - slice of 1/2 syn cake rocky road hifi (1/2 HEB)

5 syns, good times!!! :)

Brekkie - SW rice pud (HEA) with grapes & strawberries

Snacks - small egg mayo (1/2 syn) sarnie on wholemeal (HEB) grapes, banana, pear, hifi (1/2 HEB)

Lunch - leftover fish pie (3 syns) yoghurt

Snacks - Satsuma, apple, kitkat (5.5 syns) slice of 1/2 syn cake

Dinner - bangers & mash with homemade onion gravy (4 syns)

13 syns in total, I just couldn't stop eating today, nothing was filling the void, lol, still within my syns though so good times!!xx

I just wanted to say I'm a newbie at SW and it's great reading your diary - getting some really good ideas!

Just curious, do they give you extra Syns or anything because you're expecting? TTC at the moment and just wondering what it would be like if I'm lucky enough to get pregnant soon. Hope you don't mind me asking :)

I just wanted to say I'm a newbie at SW and it's great reading your diary - getting some really good ideas!

Just curious, do they give you extra Syns or anything because you're expecting? TTC at the moment and just wondering what it would be like if I'm lucky enough to get pregnant soon. Hope you don't mind me asking :)

Hi, glad you're enjoying reading it! It'd be great if you got extra syns but unfortunately not, you do get an extra healthy extra A & B & they recommend extra easy & using the full 15 syns which is good!!

Good luck TTC & with slimming world, it really is a great plan & I'm finding it easy to stick to at the mo!!xx

Brekkie - the last of my 1/2 syn cake as it needed using up but was too full the night before, it's all eggs, quark & fruit etc not like I had real cake for brekkie

Snacks - tuna & sweetcorn mayo sarnie (1/2 syn HEB) strawberries, grapes

Lunch - spag bol leftovers

Snacks - necterine, apple, satsuma, banana

Dinner - spicy chicken, bacon & veg tomato rice

Snacks - hifi (3 syns) weetabix with milk (HEA & B)

3 1/2 syns today, was gonna have a curly wurly but can't really be bothered & no point eating one for the sake of it especially as I've got a naughty weekend ahead!!xx

Hi, glad you're enjoying reading it! It'd be great if you got extra syns but unfortunately not, you do get an extra healthy extra A & B & they recommend extra easy & using the full 15 syns which is good!!

Good luck TTC & with slimming world, it really is a great plan & I'm finding it easy to stick to at the mo!!xx

Thanks for letting me know!!

Brekkie - bacon & egg sarnie on wholemeal (HEB) & (1/2 syn) for low salt/sugar ketchup, apple

Lunch - Leftover spicy rice

Snacks - necterine & grapes

Dinner - went to my friends for a Mexican evening which was very naughty, tacos, chilli, spicy cheese things, avocado, nachos, loads of dips corn, spicy potatoes & lettuce, these 3 aren't bad, chocolate drops (heavenly) then pud which was homemade creamy honeycomb icecream with pineapple!!!!!!!!!!

It was so good and a special occasion for my friends birthday, I wouldn't wanna guess the syns but I'm thinking I went over 15, lol!! Then I've got the wedding tomorrow, eeeeeeeek, can't wait though!!!!xx

Brekkie - branflakes with straberries, grapes & semi skimmed milk (HEA & B)

Snacks - hifi & necterine (1/2 HEB)

Lunch - paprika pork & veg pasta (out of my freezer stash) with broccoli, wanted something good and filling as knew we weren't eating until 4.30 at the wedding

I'm not gonna work out the syns for the wedding, just gonna record what I had, really enjoyed the day & didn't really hold back as it was a special occasion.

First couple of drinks were slimline tonic, I've got used to drinking it now, then had a fruit punch when we arrived at venue from the church, would have lovd a pimms which was the alcoholic option!!!

The speeches were first and I was bloody starving so had my lil chocolate bar favour & half my roll with butter whilst they were going on.

Then it was leek & potato soup with the rest of my roll, that was ok! Main was a beef roast with yorkshire pud, boiled and roast potatoes, lots of veg, even more d and gravy and some mustard and horseradish, very very nice, especially as I drowned it with gravy!!

Afterwards we had cheese and biscuits, had loads, love it but obvously couldn't eat all the cheese but had a hell of a lot more than my healthy extra!! Picked onion cheddar is awesome, had a little slice of wedding cake which was yummy!!

Had water during the food and a few sips of wine just for the toast, stuck to water afterwards except for 1 appletiser, though I'd go wild, lol!!!

Evening food was hotdogs, chips & some gorgeous coleslaw, could only eat half of it as was still stuffed from ealier, to be honest I didn't really need any of it but couldn't resist!!

Had a grand day and am right back to plan for the rest of the week!!! :)

Hi Skonions, I had to write to say hello as I'm also pregnant and also due on the 15th of January!!! I probably won't have my baby then though as I'm having an elective cesarean (due to myomectomy 5 years ago) and they always operate at 39 weeks so it'll probably be around the 7th - 8th. Still we have the same official due date! Well done staying on plan. I didn't follow SW at all the first 4 months, only got my head in gear the last 5 weeks or so and really enjoying it. Take care and happy pregnancy!

Hi Honey, how lovely, I'll be well jealous when you're baby arrives and I'll be at that horrible huge stage when I can't wait to meet the baby & totally fed up of being preggers!!

I deffo wasn't 100% on it at the start because of morning sickness & stuff but finding it easyish at the mo, just hope it lasts!! Well done for getting back in gear now!!

I'm on the pregnancy slimming world thread so I'll see you on there!!xxx

Brekkie - as we were child free because of the wedding (unless you count the one in my belly) we had a lie in and then a big SW cooked breakfast, bacon, scrambled eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, spaghetti, 2 sainsburys low fat sausages (1 syn) wholemeal toast (HEB) low salt/sugar ketchup (1/2 syn) Nom nom!!!

Snacks - rocky road hifi, banana, biscuit (3.5 syns) necterine

Didn't have lunch as brekkie was late and huge!!!!

Dinner - an enormous classic chicken curry with tonnes of veg chucked in, garlic spinach and mushrooms to insure there was enough superfree, rice & a mini naan (8 syns)

Glass of milk (HEA)

Syns for the day were 13, felt like I'd eaten naughty food too, yum yum!!xx

Brekkie - weetabix with banana, strawberries & semi skimmed milk (HEA&B)

Snacks - banana & rocky road hifi (1/2 HEB) milky tea

Lunch - left over chicken & veg curry with rice & 1 piece of small wholemeal bread (1/2HEB)

Snack - necterine

Dinner - sauasages & swede/potato mash with cabbage, carrots, sweetcorn & gravy (4.5 syns)

Snacks - milky caramel options hot choc (2 syns) ham, lettuce, tomato & chilli philli roll up (HEA)

6.5 syns today

Brekkie - bacons, mushroom, tomato, cheese omelette with some spaghetti

Snacks - necterine, ham, biscuit (4.5 syns) fairy cake (5 syns) yoghurt

Lunch - leftover bangers & mash with veg (4 syns)

Snacks - Strawberries, grapes, banana, rocky road hifi

Dinner - Cheese & bacon burger with SW chips, butternut squash wedges & salad, extra light mayo & low salt/sugar ketchup (1.5 syns)

15 syns for the day and that burger was amazing!!!!!!!!

Brekkie - porridge with semi skimmed milk, grapes & strawberries (HEA&B)

Snacks - apple, strawberries, grapes

Lunch - veg soup with buttery wholemeal toast (HEB) (7 syns butter) (6 syns as the bread wasn't small)

Snacks - banana, mugshot

Dinner - pork chop topped with cheese (HEA) BBQ sauce (1 syn) potato wedges, butternut squash, salad & extra light mayo (1/2 syn)

14 1/2 syns, I needed that buttery toast with my soup as feel soooooo full of cold!!!xx

Brekkie - SW rice pudding with strawberries & grapes (HEA)

Snacks - weetabix with ss milk (HEA&B) banana, frenchfries (4.5 syns) Celebrations chocolate (2 syns)

Lunch - paprika pork & veg pasta out of the freezer, pasta defrosted soft so wasn't great, yoghurt

Snacks - 2 x rocky road hifi, yoghurt (HEB)

Dinner - spicy chicken & veg balsamic pasta with extra veg on the side

6.5 syns, fine on syns but not as much superfree as normal as I was running out of fruit

Brekkie - SW rice pud with grated apple & grapes (HEA)

Snacks - Butternut squash soup with tiny piece of bread & butter (3 syns)

Lunch - spicy chicken & veg leftover pasta, 1/3 banana

Dinner - beef & veg chilli with salad in 2 wholemeal wraps (2xHEB) cheese (HEA) 2 x tbsp extra light mayo (1 syn) yoghurt

Snacks - curly wurly (6.5 syns) fruit salad

10.5 syns, may have been less for the bread and butter but I'd rather over estimate

Brekkie - weetabix minis with strawberries & ss milk (HEA&B)

Lunch - Leftover chilli mixed through some pasta

Snacks - kiwi fruit, bourbon biscuit (3 syns) mini muffin (3 syns) toblerone piece (2 syns)

Dinner - mushypea curry with extra superfree on top of SW chips, chicken & cheese (HEA)

Snack - Choc orange Options (2 syns)

10 syns, again could have had more fruit but my necterines aren't ripe enough yet which is annoying as I really want one!!xx

Back