Slimming World from Australia, let's do this!

SaraC

Pesky pescetarian from Australia!
Ok so I am a serial lurker, I did SW back in 2010 from the UK and lost weight and got to target, since then I have had another baby (now 5) and moved across the world to Australia in 2013 and since then I have slowly fallen off the wagon, to the tune that I now need to lose 15kg to get to target!

I am pescetarian (vegetarian who eats fish) and so I tend to stick to the old Green Days although I know that they no longer exist? And I am also using MFP to track my calories etc. Anyway here's my plan from yesterday!

Monday 2nd Jan

B - Porridge (HEB) with 190ml SS milk (HEA) and blueberries

L - 2 Portabella mushrooms, fried in low cal spray. 2 poached eggs and half a tin of SPC beans

D - Quorn Chilli and rice (chilli made with Quorn Mince, Refried Beans, Broccoli, Peas, Green Beans, sweetcorn, passata, portobella mushrooms, onion, garlic, stock pot, mild chilli powder, hot chilli powder

Snacks - Sweetcorn fritters from SW website (although they didn't make it into fritters, so it was like a sweetcorn omelette-y type thing, 2 Lindt Lindor (8 syns)

Drinks - Tea with sweetener (using 30ml milk)

Total Syns - 8

First day back at work for 2017 and it went really well. I have a bottle of water on my desk which holds 2.2l of water which I sip at throughout the day and I managed to finish that and I filled up with a lot of speed foods. I'm also still having my morning cappucino from the coffee shop and synning the sugar and using my HEA for the Semi skimmed lactose free milk! I also registered for SW online so I have as much support as I can behind me. I am really determined to do this.

I also registered for my first 5k run yesterday which will be held in September. Considering I can't even run 5 metres at the minute I really need to start training, haha!! Anyway, here is my diary for yesterday:

Tuesday 3rd Jan

B - SW quiches - made with VLF cottage cheese, eggs, BNS, spring onions and capsicum

L - leftover Quorn Chilli and rice (chilli made with Quorn Mince, Refried Beans, Broccoli, Peas, Green Beans, sweetcorn, passata, portobella mushrooms, onion, garlic, stock pot, mild chilli powder, hot chilli powder

D -Strozzapretti pasta - pasta with Quorn pieces with lemon juice on, spring onions and 2 tbsp Jamie Oliver Chilli & Garlic Pesto (8 syns divided by 4 portions = 2 syns), a tub of Philadelphia (2 syns for half tub) and 28g Lactose free cheddar (6 syns) - this remains one of my tastiest SW dishes!

Snacks - Cherry Tomatoes, 16 almonds (HEB)

Drinks - Green Tea, 2.2l water, Lactose free cappuccino (with 250ml SS lactose free milk - HEA) and one sugar (1 syn)

Total Syns - 11

Wednesday - hump day was OK but I found myself hungry when I got home from work, so I ate 2 mini quiches whilst I cooked the kid's dinner. My willpower was quite good last night as I made them french baguette pizzas and the bread was oh so fresh and smelt sooooo good! But I resisted!

I also got in 15 minutes of Body Magic. Queensland Rail in their wisdom have brought out a summer holidays timetable until 28th January which very inconveniently cancels the train I would usually get home from work, so instead of sitting at the station waiting for the next train I am going to walk to the next station which is a 15 minute walk away!

Wednesday 4th Jan

B - SW quiches - made with VLF cottage cheese, eggs, BNS, spring onions and capsicum

L - leftover Strozzapretti pasta - pasta with Quorn pieces with lemon juice on, spring onions and Jamie Oliver Chilli & Garlic Pesto, Philadelphia - syns taken yesterday

D -2 Tassal Moroccan Salmon burgers (1 syn), 1/2 100g pack of Ainsley Harriott Moroccan Cous Cous (1 syn), ranch slaw (cabbage, carrot) with 20g Praise 99% free Mayonnaise (0.5 syn), rocket salad (rocket and spinach leaves) and 1tbsp fat free salad dressing

Snacks - Cherry Tomatoes, 16 almonds (HEB)

Drinks - Green Tea, 2.2l water, Lactose free cappuccino (with 250ml SS lactose free milk - HEA) and one sugar (1 syn)

Total Syns - 3.5 (I was going to have some more syns but I was too full to think about it!)

I was really good again yesterday, I also got in 45 mins of Body Magic. I walked 15 mins to the train station again and then I went to the gym with my Physio who has said that I can go it alone now as I know how to use all of the equipment so I am just waiting for the gym to call me so that I can join!

I love having Slimming World online as I am checking the syn value of everything!

Hubby made my dinner for when I got back from the gym but I was so full afterwards I couldn't fit in my HEB, eek! In retrospect I should have had the almonds before I went to the gym instead of the Fibre One bar but hey, ho! I also made some more SW quiches but this time I put 2 veggie sausages in (they're 4 syns for 2) so I will syn each 3 at 1 syn.

Thursday 4th Jan

L - 2 Quorn Fillets, Steam Fresh veg (Broccoli, peas, greenbeans, sweetcorn) and 1tbsp Nando's Mild marinade (0.5syn)

D - Baked sweet potato with VLF cottage cheese 0.5tbsp Sweet chilli sauce, ranch slaw (cabbage, carrot), rocket salad (rocket and spinach leaves) and 1tbsp fat free salad dressing

Snacks - Cherry Tomatoes, cherries, strawberries, edamame beans, carrot, capsicum, Fibre One chocolate Brownie bar (4 syns)

Total Syns - 5.5

Yesterday was really good, I stuck to the plan 100% and not a drop of alcohol passed my lips, which is unheard of for a Friday evening! I also got some body magic in, I offered to go dress shopping with a colleague who needed to buy a dress for her sister's wedding which is today! We went into the city and walked through and then I had to walk up a big hill to get to the train station. We managed to get a dress and I got body magic, win win!

Friday 5th Jan

B - SW quiches - made with VLF cottage cheese, eggs, spring onions and Sanitarium veggie sausages(1.5 syns)

L - 2 Quorn Fillets, Steam Fresh veg (Broccoli, peas, greenbeans, sweetcorn) and 1tbsp Nando's Mild marinade (0.5syn)

D - Hubby made a red Thai fish curry, which was 0.5tbsp red curry paste per portion (0.5 syns) and 1/3 400g can coconut milk light (2syns), hoki fillets, snow peas, broccoli and rice

Snacks - Cherry Tomatoes, cherries, strawberries, edamame beans

Drinks - Green Tea, 2.2l water, Lactose free cappuccino (with 250ml SS lactose free milk - HEA) and one sugar (1 syn), Jarrah Mint Hot Chocolate (3 syns)

Total Syns - 8.5

Saturday 7th Jan

B - SW quiches - made with VLF cottage cheese, eggs, spring onions and Sanitarium veggie sausages(1.5 syns)

L - 2 pieces wholemeal bread (from 400g loaf- HEB), 2 poached eggs and a scraping of Nuttelex spread (1.5 syns)

D - Quorn Chilli (Quorn mince, tinned tomatoes, onion, mushroom, garlic, chilli powder, chilli beans) over Baby potato wedges and 50g Mozzarella (6 syns)

Snacks - Banana, Strawberrues

Drinks - Lactose free cappuccino (with 250ml SS lactose free milk - HEA) and one sugar (1 syn)

Total Syns - 10

I had a really good weekend, I didn't go over my syns and I didn't drink a drop of alcohol either, I also took my children for vegan cupcakes yesterday (my son is allergic to milk) and managed to not eat anything! Quite a quiet weekend activity wise although I did try and go to the gym yesterday evening but my keyfob wouldn't let me in :(

Sunday 8th Jan

B - SW quiches - made with VLF cottage cheese, eggs, spring onions and Sanitarium veggie sausages(0.5 syns)

L - Banana

D - Quorn Chilli (Quorn mince, tinned tomatoes, onion, mushroom, garlic, chilli powder, chilli beans) over Jacket Potato and 25g Mozzarella (3 syns)

Snacks - Banana, Strawberries

Drinks - Lactose free cappuccino (with 250ml SS lactose free milk - HEA) and one sugar (1 syn)

Total Syns - 4.5

Such a good day yesterday, I stuck to plan again all day and then went to the Gym for 50 minutes and then straight to my pilates group for 40 mins, it was good as the Pilates helped me stretch out.

So I had my first WI since I stepped on the scales at the hospital on 23rd December and I have lost a huge 5.6kg (12lb)!! I can't believe it, I am so happy! I even got off the scales and got back on again to double check the figures were correct!

Monday 9th Jan

B - SW quiches - made with VLF cottage cheese, eggs, spring onion, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes

L - 2 Quorn Fillets, Steam fresh veg & 1tbsp Nando's mild marinade (0.5 syn)

D - Slimming World Chow Mein from website (egg noodles, beansprouts, snow peas, baby corn, carrot, mushrooms, onion, soy sauce, worcestshire sauce)

Snacks - Strawberries, tomatoes, peppers, carrot, Treat Size Crunchie (4 syns), Fibre One bar (4 syns)

Total Syns - 9.5

It was my birthday yesterday and my Husband took me out for lunch, I made pretty good choices but then I went home and had birthday cake which he & the kids had bought me. I didn't do too bad food-wise though and not a drop of alcohol passed my lips!

I didn't do any body magic yesterday but I will be going to the gym tonight (Wednesday) so that should hopefully help, anyway enough wittering on from me, here's my diary for Tuesday 10th Jan:

Tuesday 10th Jan

B - SW quiches - made with VLF cottage cheese, eggs, spring onion, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes

L - Soft Shell crab salad (rocket, spinach, pomegranate, onion)

D - Chinese takeaway - King Prawn Chow Mein (although it was more of a noodle soup) (egg noodles, beansprouts, bok choy, baby corn, carrot, mushrooms, onion, soy sauce in a clear soup) - 6 syns for oil

Snacks - Strawberries, tomatoes, peppers, carrot, slice of birthday cake (13.5 syns)

Total Syns - 20.5

Another good day for me, I had a birthday morning tea thrown for me by my colleagues and one of my colleagues had baked me a chocolate cake, which was delicious! Other than that and my syns for my sugar I stayed within syns.

I also did 50 minutes at the gym last night which is helping towards my body magic, hopefully the scales will be kind next week as I think I have burnt off all of the extra calories in the gym!

Wednesday 11th Jan

L - Leftover chow mein from Monday's dinner (it wasn't very nice)!

D - Foo Yung (eggs, beansprouts, capsicum, onions, mushrooms, garlic, soy sauce) - yum!

Snacks - Strawberries, tomatoes, edamame beans, slice of birthday cake (13.5 syns)

Total Syns - 14.5

Another day on plan, it was a hot 36 degrees here yesterday and the humidity was just disgusting so I got home from work at 4.20pm and got in the pool with the kids. I'm lucky that my youngest child who's 5 is able to swim on his own across the pool and using a noodle so I managed to get some laps in for about 15 minutes which helped stretch those muscles out from Wednesday night at the gym! My daughter is 8 and she's such a good swimmer, she can do all of the strokes and is quite quick for her age. She loves being in the pool and spends most of her time jumping in or diving under the water to the bottom!

It's supposed to be 35 again today so I may do the same this evening, I will see how I go.

Thursday 12th Jan

B - SW quiches - made with VLF cottage cheese, eggs, , mushrooms, onion and Sanitarium bacon style rashers (1 syn)

L - Quorn Fillets, Steam Fresh veg (Broccoli, Green beans, peas and sweetcorn) and 1tbps Nando's Mild Marinade (0.5 syn)

D - 3 Linda McCartney Sausages (1.5 syns), SW wedges, with 25g mozzarella (3.5 syns) melted over the top with some jalapenos!

Snacks - Strawberries, tomatoes, edamame beans, carrot, capsicum

Drinks - Lactose free cappuccino (with 250ml SS lactose free milk - HEA) and one sugar (1 syn). 2.2l water

Total Syns - 7.5

Sounds like you're doing very well! Keep it up. You're not missing much weather wise back in Blighty, sleet and snow....
Hoping to get out to Oz in July, son is vying for a place in the Wales students RL team, World Cup being held in Sydney in July. Fingers crossed.

Sounds like you're doing very well! Keep it up. You're not missing much weather wise back in Blighty, sleet and snow....
Hoping to get out to Oz in July, son is vying for a place in the Wales students RL team, World Cup being held in Sydney in July. Fingers crossed.

Thanks Quins, I appreciate you stopping by! If you come over in July, bring woolies, it can be quite cool here in the winter (or it maybe that I've acclimatised!). We've had high temperatures today but it's been very muggy and we've had storms this evening, nothing too bad though!

I've not been here all weekend but I've stayed on plan, still no alcohol (despite my 5 year old sending me very close to insanity and back again yesterday)

Anyway here's my plan for Friday:

Friday 13th Jan

B - SW quiches - made with VLF cottage cheese, eggs, , mushrooms, onion and Sanitarium bacon style rashers (1 syn)

L - Quorn Fillets, Steam Fresh veg (Broccoli, Green beans, peas and sweetcorn) and 1tbps Nando's Mild Marinade (0.5 syn)

D - Tofu curry (extra firm tofu, Birds Eye Oriental stir fry veg, onions, 1.5 tbsp Sharwoods Tikka curry paste (4 syns)

Snacks - Strawberries, tomatoes, edamame beans, carrot, capsicum

Drinks - Lactose free cappuccino (with 250ml SS lactose free milk - HEA) and one sugar (1 syn). 2.2l water, Australian Cadburys Crunchie Treat Size (3 syns), 16 almond nuts (HEB)

Total Syns - 8.5

One of my worst habits food-wise is not eating breakfast at the weekends, so pre-slimming world I would then eat sweets or chocolate to bring my blood sugar levels up when I started to go shaky, so I've been determined to eat breakfast each weekend morning and I've managed to accomplish it! Go me!

Saturday 14th Jan

B - SW quiches - made with VLF cottage cheese, eggs, , mushrooms, onion and Sanitarium bacon style rashers. (Syns already taken Thurs and Fri for rashers)

L - Leftover Tofu curry (extra firm tofu, Birds Eye Oriental stir fry veg, onions, 1.5 tbsp Sharwoods Tikka curry paste - syns already taken yesterday for curry paste

D - sweet potato, black beans, tomatoes, spring onions, sweet corn kernels, 1/2 pouch Uncle Ben's spicy Mexican rice (1.5 syns) and 1/2 tub of Bulla Cottage cheese with chives (0.5 syn)

Drinks - soy cappuccino (with 300ml Soy milk - HEA) and one sugar (1 syn). water, 16 almond nuts (HEB)

Total Syns - 3 (I could have had a vodka after all! )

Sunday 15th Jan

B - Baked Oats - 1 syn & HEB for oats

L - Leftover sweet potato, black beans, tomatoes, spring onions, sweet corn kernels

D - Quorn Quarterpounder burger (2.5 syns), Halloumi snack (7.5 syns) salad (cabbage, lettuce, onion, tomatoes), VLF cottage cheese

Drinks - Cappuccino (with 300ml Lactose free skimmed milk - HEA) and one sugar (1 syn). water

Total Syns - 12

Weighed in this morning and I've lost 1.4kg this week (3lb) which takes my total weight loss to date to 7kg (1st 1lb), I can't believe it!!

I did my double exercise yesterday, 45 mins in the gym and then 45 minutes at my pilates group straight afterwards. So I treated myself to watching 2 more episodes of Game of Thrones series 2 and a frozen Curly Wurly for my reward!!

Monday 16th Jan

B - Baked Oats - 1 syn & HEB for oats

L - Quorn fillets, Steamfresh veg (Broccoli, sweetcorn, green beans and peas) with 1tbsp Nando's mild Marinade (0.5 syn)

D - Spag Bol (Passata, tinned tomatoes, carrot, onion, zucchini, Quorn Mince and spaghetti) - my two children wolfed this down, despite having veggies in which my 5 year old is not very keen on!

Drinks - Cappuccino (with 300ml Lactose free skimmed milk - HEA) and one sugar (1 syn). 2.2l water, Coke Zero

Snacks - carrot, tomatoes, edamame, Fruit salad (watermelon, strawberrries, cherries, lychees, raspberries). Frozen Curly Wurly (6 syns), tiiiiiny piece of birthday cake (2.5 syns)

Total Syns - 11

I was bottomless yesterday, I really couldn't stop eating and I got to the point where I was sick of eating vegetables as snack food! Luckily for me my Hubby made dinner and made Old El Paso's Stand and Stuff tacos with Quorn pieces and his own homemade salsa, I had 25g of mozzarella with it and one taco boat and salad and it scratched the itch! I followed it by a bowl of watermelon and cherries and I went to bed with my tummy satisified!

Tuesday 17th Jan

B - Baked Oats - (1 syn) & HEB for oats

L - Quorn fillets, Steamfresh veg (Broccoli, sweetcorn, green beans and peas) with 1tbsp Nando's mild Marinade (0.5 syn)

D - Old El Paso Stand & Stuff tacos (4 .5 syns for portion), Quorn pieces with taco seasoning, onions, garlic, mushrooms, 25g Mozzarella (3.5 syns)

Drinks - Cappuccino (with 300ml Lactose free skimmed milk - HEA) and one sugar (1 syn). 2.2l water, Coke Zero

Snacks - carrot, tomatoes, edamame, Fruit salad (watermelon, honeydew. rockmelon), orange, cherries

Total Syns - 10.5

Another absolute stinker of a day here again yesterday, I was supposed to go to the gym after work but it was still 36 degrees at 4pm and my children really wanted to go in the pool so instead I got in the pool with them and did 50 lengths instead! I think the pool is about 5-10metres long so it wasn't too bad a workout, and I'm knackered and aching today! Anyway, another good day eating wise, my Husband seems to have got his cooking mojo back after it's been missing in action for the past few years :p and he's cooking up a storm with some amazingly tasty SW dishes on the evenings when it's not my turn to cook!

Wednesday 18th January

L - Half packet of Uncle Ben's Mexican Rice (1.5 syns), 4 bean mix

D - Rice vermicelli noodles with scrambled omelette, peppers, onion, carrot, garlic and 2 Quorn fillets

Snacks - carrot, tomatoes, sugarsnap peas, orange, lychees, Frozen Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Total Syns - 9.5 syns

I haven't been on for a few days, I've been off work since Thursday as my little boy starts Prep (reception) tomorrow so we've been spending time together swimming, watching movies and shopping! I can't believe my baby starts school tomorrow, wahhh!

Thursday 18th January

L - Halloumi salad (broad beans, chickpeas, beans, onion and 35g Halloumi (5.5 syns)

D - 3 Linda McCartney sausages (1.5 syns), SW Wedges with hot Cajun seasoning and 1tbsp Nandos marinade (0.5 syn)

Snacks - carrot, tomatoes, sugarsnap peas, melon, oranges

Total Syns - 9.5 syns

Back