Slimming World from Australia, let's do this!

I'm quite lame at updating at the weekend aren't I?! Anyway another weekend spent on plan and still feeling great!

Friday 3rd February

B - Carrot Cake baked oats (40g oats, 1 egg, chobani FF yoghurt, 3/4tbsp Natvia sweetener, mixed spice, cinnamon, ground ginger, 1 carrot)

L - Quorn fillets, Steamfresh Veg (Broccoli, green beans, sweetcorn and peas) and 1tbsp Nando's Mild Marinade (0.5 syn)

D - Pasta with Quorn Mince and chilli tomato sauce (passata, red chilli, onions, mushrooms)

Drinks - Coke Zero, 2l water, Lactose Free (HEA for milk) cappucino with 1tsp sugar (1syn)

Snacks - Plums, nectarines, oranges, Malteaser Mini Reindeer (3 syns)

Total Syns - 4.5 syns

Saturday 4th February

B - Carrot Cake baked oats (40g oats (HEB), 1 egg, chobani FF yoghurt, 3/4tbsp Natvia sweetener, mixed spice, cinnamon, ground ginger, 1 carrot)

L - Banana and Nectarine

D - Smoked Cod Kedgeree (smoked cod, rice, onions, peas, chilli, spices)

Drinks - Coke Zero, 2l water, Jarrah Hot chocolate (3 syns) with 300ml SS Lactose Free milk (HEA)

Snacks - Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Total Syns - 9 syns

Another hour of body magic at the gym yesterday afternoon and then we went out for my cousin in law's birthday and I had 2 small glasses of Sauvignon Blanc, my first drop of alcohol since New Year's Eve and it was lovely!

Sunday 5th February

B - Carrot Cake baked oats (40g oats (HEB), 1 egg, chobani FF yoghurt, 3/4tbsp Natvia sweetener, mixed spice, cinnamon, ground ginger, 1 carrot)

L - Banana

D - Leftover Smoked Cod Kedgeree (smoked cod, rice, onions, peas, chilli, spices)

Drinks - Coke Zero, water, 2 small glasses Sauvignon Blanc (12 syns)

Snacks - Watermelon, Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries

Total Syns - 12 syns

I weighed in this morning and lost 0.2kg (just under half a pound), I am a bit disappointed but I have lost a lot of weight in a short space of time and it will slow down, plus I have been exercising a lot and I'm starting to put on muscle where fat used to be. At the end of the day this is a lifestyle change and for me, I am in it for the long haul.

I was at the gym for 5 am yesterday morning as I had a meeting at my kids school at the normal time I usually go to the gym, dedication eh?! ;)

Monday 6th February

L - Quorn Pieces, Steamfresh veg (Broccoli, green beans, sweetcorn and peas) with 1tbsp Nando's Mild Marinade (0.5 syn)

D - 2 egg omelette with salad (zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, spring onions, and peppers)

Drinks - Coke Zero, 2.2l of water, Lactose free Cappucino (HEA for milk) with 1tsp sugar (1 syn)

Snacks - Nectarine, Orange, FF plain yoghurt with Honeycomb hot chocolate sachet (it's like Options and only 3 syns), a meringue nest (2 syns), banana raspberries, blueberries. OMG it was amazing and well worth the syns!

Total Syns - 6.5 syns

I was a bit syntastic yesterday (but managed to keep within my 15!) I had such a sweet tooth after dinner that I had my yogurt and hot choc mixed together and a Curly Wurly. My tummy really does not like lactose though, even after taking some tablets that should help my stomach break down the lactose I am still feeling ill today.

Meeting at my daughter's class this evening and then gym straight afterwards, that's dedication! ;)

Tuesday 7th February

L - Quorn Pieces, Steamfresh veg (Broccoli, green beans, sweetcorn and peas) with 1tbsp Nando's Mild Marinade (0.5 syn)

D - Quorn Tikka Masala (using JD's Chicken Tikka flavouring, ff yoghurt, onions, garlic, ginger, tinned tomatoes and Quorn pieces), served with Rice

Drinks - Coke Zero, 2.2l of water, Lactose free Cappucino (HEA for milk) with 1tsp sugar (1 syn)

Snacks - Nectarine, Orange, FF plain yoghurt with Honeycomb hot chocolate sachet (it's like Options and only 3 syns), a meringue nest (2 syns), banana raspberries, blueberries. Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Total Syns - 12.5 syns

Another 45 minutes in the gym last night and a grand total of 868 calories burnt yesterday, pretty happy with myself! :)

Wednesday 8th February

L - Quorn Tikka Masala (using JD's Chicken Tikka flavouring, ff yoghurt, onions, garlic, ginger, tinned tomatoes and Quorn pieces), served with Rice

D - 3 Egg omelette with peppers, carrot, onions, 1/2 pack Uncle Ben's Mexican Rice (1.5 syns) and 1 Babybel (3 syns) and 1tbsp Nando marinade (0.5 syn)

Snacks - Orange, watermelon, carrot

Total Syns - 6 syns

Thursday 9th February

L - Quorn Pieces, Steamfresh Veg (broccoli, green beans, sweetcorn, peas) and 1tbsp Nando's Mild marinade (0.5 syn)

D - 3 Linda McCartney Sausages (1.5 syns), SW wedges, Steamfresh Veg and 2 tsp Bisto Gravy (2 syns)

Snacks - Orange, Banana, Frozen Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Total Syns - 12 syns

Friday 10th February

L - Quorn Pieces, Steamfresh Veg (broccoli, green beans, sweetcorn, peas) and 1tbsp Nando's Mild marinade (0.5 syn)

D - Uncle Ben's Mexican Rice (3 syns), Babybel (3 syns)

Snacks - Orange, Banana, watermelon, nectarine, strawberries

Total Syns - 7.5 syns

Soooo hot this weekend, we hit 32 on Saturday and 38 yesterday, we spent most of the weekend inside with the air con on!

We met friends for dinner on Saturday night and I ordered a beetroot and BNS salad with a bit of feta, it was absolutely gorgeous!

Saturday 11th February

L - Banana, Watermelon

D - Beetroot and BNS salad (Roast beetroot, BNS, rocket, tomatoes and a tiny bit of feta (3 syns)

Drinks - Coke Zero, Soy Cappucino (HEA for soy milk) with 1tsp sugar (1 syn), 2 small glasses Sauvignon Blanc (12 syns)

Total Syns - 15 syns

I got loads of body magic done yesterday, despite the heat! I went to the gym for 45 minutes and then had a swim in our pool to cool off!

Sunday 12th February

L - Banana, Watermelon, Rockmelon

D - Strozzapretti Pasta (pasta, 2 tbsp Jamie Oliver Chilli & Garlic Pesto (4 syns), 28g cheddar (HEA)

Drinks - Lots of water!! Coke Zero

Snacks: Frozen Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Total Syns - 10 syns

Just read through your diary - you're doing so well!

You are also living the dream - pool in the garden!!!!!!

Looking forward to reading the rest of your journey

Just read through your diary - you're doing so well!

You are also living the dream - pool in the garden!!!!!!

Looking forward to reading the rest of your journey
Thanks Buffy! I'm really enjoying it to be honest, even the exercise haha!

Last edited:
Monday, Monday! It turned out to be a fantastic day exercise wise as I burnt a grand total of 990 calories and 128 minutes of exercise which I'm so proud of!

I weighed in this morning and I've lost 0.8kg this week, taking my total weight loss to 9.1kg, I'm sooooo close to that Club 10 I can smell it! ;) hopefully next week it will be mine!

Anyway enough nattering from me, here's my plan for yesterday
  1. Monday 13th February

L - leftover Strozzapretti Pasta (pasta, 2 tbsp Jamie Oliver Chilli & Garlic Pesto (syns taken for pesto yesterday)

D - SW quiche (VLF cottage cheese, eggs, sweet corn, spring onions, "fake-on" (2 syns) with salad (tomatoes, spring onions and yellow capsicum)

Drinks - 2.2l water, Coke Zero, Lactose free cappuccino (HEA for milk) with 1 sugar (1 syn)

Snacks: carrot, cherry tomatoes, watermelon, chobani FF yoghurt with Jarrah Honeycomb hot chocolate sachet mixed in (3syns), 1 meringue nest (2 syns) and raspberries - (this was my post gym and Pilates treat!)

Total Syns - 8 Syns

Last edited:
I spent yesterday off work as both of my children are sick :( They have a cold, fever and croup and are really crook at the moment. I made my daughter who's 8 some raspberry baked oats for breakfast yesterday and she wolfed pretty much all of it down and exclaimed that I am "the best baker ever!!"

Tuesday 14th February

L - SW Quiche (cottage cheese, eggs, sweetcorn, spring onions, "fake-on"

D - We got a chinese takeaway for Valentines Day but mine was disgusting, I ordered King Prawn in Blackbean with steamed rice and it was so bland. I only ate about 4 mouthfuls until I chucked it away but I will syn it at 2 syns to be safe

Drinks - Water!! Coke Zero

Snacks: Frozen Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Total Syns - 8 syns

I had a really bad day on Wednesday as I was told that my fixed term contract won't be renewed in April so I am out of a job. I just wanted to eat my weight in chocolate!

Wednesday 15th February

L - Steamfresh veg (broccoli, green beans, peas, sweetcorn) with Quorn Pieces and 1tbsp Nando's Mild marinade (0.5 syn)

D - BFree Wholemeal Wrap (4.5 syns), Tassal Salmon burger (0.5 syn), Tilda Basmati Rice (1.5 syns), carrots, peppers, black beans and sweetcorn

Drinks - 2.2l water, Coke Zero, Lactose free cappucino (HEA for milk) 1 syn for sugar

Snacks: Orange, peppers, carrots, Jarrah Hot chocolate (3 syns) with meringue nest (2 syns), FF yoghurt and raspberries

Total Syns - 13 syns

I was off work with my son on Thursday as I had to take him to emergency in the early hours as he had croup with stridor at rest. Luckily after steroids and almost 3 hours of obs, we were home.

Thursday 16th February

L - Banana

D - Uncle Ben's Mexican Rice (3 syns), Quorn quarterpounder burger (3 syns), 1 mini Babybel (3 syns)

Drinks - 2.2l water, Coke Zero, Lactose free cappucino (HEA for milk) 1 syn for sugar

Snacks: Grapes, peaches

Total Syns - 10 syns

Friday 17th February

L - Halloumi salad (4 syns for halloumi), broad beans, onion, peas, chickpeas

D - Quorn Lasagne (Quorn mince, passata, onions, garlic, mushrooms, zucchini) 1/4 can of Heinz Macaroni Cheese for white sauce (1.5 syns)

Snacks: Plums, orange, carrots, tomatoes

Total Syns - 6.5 syns

Saturday 18th February

L - Banana

D - Quorn Lasagne (Quorn mince, passata, onions, garlic, mushrooms, zucchini) 1/2 can of Heinz Macaroni Cheese for white sauce (3 syns)

Drinks - 2.2l water, Coke Zero, Soy cappucino (HEA for milk) 1 syn for sugar, Vodka (3 syns) and Sprite Zero

Snacks: Watermelon, peaches, Oreo Wafter stick (3.5 syns)

Total Syns - 10.5 syns

It's that awful week where women want to eat everything in sight, I am soooooooo hungry at the moment. Not sure I am going to lose this week but I have stayed within my syns each day.

Another 45 mins of body magic yesterday and 400 cals burnt. I feel great!

Sunday 19th February

L - Banana

D - 2 Coles Sweet potato burgers (7 syns), Asian Salad, garlic mushrooms (mushrooms, garlic, vegetable stock), VLF cottage cheese & 2 Babybel (HEA)

Drinks - Water, Coke Zero,

Snacks: 2 Lindt Lindor balls (8 syns). Bowl of fruit salad (Peach, watermelon, kiwi, blueberries)

Total Syns - 15 syns

So despite me doubting myself that I would lose this week I lost 0.3kg (just over half a pound) which means my total loss in 8 weeks is 9.4kg (1st 6.7lb) which I am really happy with!

Monday 20th February

L - Quorn pieces, Steamfresh Veg (broccoli, green beans, sweetcorn & peas) and 1tbsp Nando's Mild Marinade (0.5 syn)

D - Egg fried rice (egg, rice, garlic, chilli, broccoli, green beans, sweetcorn, peas & soy sauce) - delish!

Drinks - 2.2l Water, Coke Zero,Lactose free cappucino (HEA for milk) and 1 sugar (1 syn)

Snacks: Orange, banana, nectarine, Jarrah Hot chocolate (3 syns) with meringue nest (2 syns), FF yoghurt, blueberries and half a Flake bar (4syns)

Total Syns - 10.5 syns

Back