Slimming World - Loving it!!

Hey Diva - Cd, as good as it was when i stuck to it, just wore me down. I was on and off more times than i care to remember and in the end i just became so depressed. everytime i was on it i hated it and everytime i fell off and was trying to get back on it was always there niggling in the back of my head. everytime i opened the cupboards -there were the packs taunting me. I just felt sick at the thought of eating them. i hadnt even had a weight loss for so long as i was just messing about.
So one day i woke up and thought 'sod it' im gonna have to lose weight slowly. and it was if a HUGE weight had been lifted from my mind. I must say im SO SO happy with the decicion ive made. i would love a fast weight loss, but CD wasnt for me. It has given me the initial boost i needed to get me going though, and im so grateful i found it i the first place and had a great CDC.

xxxxxxx

I totally understand Keelie....at the end of the day we have to be realistic and find what works for each of us. Wishing you lots of luck with it because I know many people that it has worked wonders for....I could just never get my head around red and green days and was sure that I was doing more brown days!!! :D

Thanks Diva. i REALLY wish i could do CD, but im happy taking the slow road for now. Must say i really do like Slimming World, never got on with Weight Watchers, but SW is fab!
I know how you feel about the brown days though......eating all this wholegrain food is doing wonders for my digestive system!

Hi Keelie,how r u doing,sorry have not been around to post,have had a few miserable days and found it hard to post.
Well done for keeping motivated !!
I have found that i am not drinking enough water and have has some bad water retention probs,so i am now trying to drink at least 2,5 ltrs a day.
I think it is really good that u have got your head round the idea that your weight losses are not going to be as fast as cd and that u r contented and happy with it,your time on cd def gave you a head start on your weight loss journey and that is really good.
You seem so motivated and positive and i am so pleased for you,keep up the good work,chat soon and have a good day xx

hey guys
i think ive finally lost the chocolate monster that was on my shoulder last week. He seems to have given up and is currently harrassing my manager (about sweets)
Amen to that.
just hope he isnt replaced by a pizza monster......

Just popping in to say hello.
Having a very positive day today. Didnt slip at all yesterday and ate only what i was supposed to.
Hope today will go as well!

Remember Keelie it will only go as well as you want it to go, hun....

Keep doing what you're doing because its obviously working! :)

Welcome done Keelie!

Hi Keelie,

After losing a long post to you as I forgot to submit reply:eek: :rolleyes:

Congratualtions on losing half a stone and getting your sticker that is such an incentive to see how well SW is going for you and that you are feeling in more control.

Having lost the plot myself I am now back in the zone and feel the diet is going well for me again. So many lessons learnt and I hope I don't forget.:(

Here is to another brill week ahead.

How much water are you drinking doing SW???

Love Mini xxx

I will make sure to submit reply:eek:

Well done Mini! im rooting for you!
Thanks for taking time out to read my thread xxx
Im still drinking about 1.5 to 3 litres a day it varies each day.

sorry for the short reply but im a bit snowed under at the moment!

Take care!

Hi, im jumping onto the Slimming World train, ive given CD my best shot over the last couple of years and im admitting defeat, I just cant do it. So Im returning to a tried and trusted method and getting back into food optimising.
Im at my heaviest ever 23st5lbs (weighed in on Friday) and at my lowest ever self esteem level. Ive just returned from a holiday in Mallorca where i actually cried cos my kids were pleading with me to join them on the rides at a water park and i was too embarrassed to do it. Im so unfit as well, the were slopes and steps down to the beaches and getting back up them after a day in the sun nearly killed me, i seriously thought my heart was going to give out. I didnt swim in the sea much either cos the thought of having to walk back to my sun bed with my overhanging, wobbling belly on show was too much to contemplate. I know i disapointed my kids and that hurts.
So today here and now im making a promise to myself and my kids, I will lose this fat, i will get fitter and i will go on the Kamikazi slide next year. Wish me luck.

Happe, you have the best motivation out there - time with your kids. I think the SW regime will suit you well and if you give it 100% it will work. Be patient and kind to yourself, it is a long road ahead but each step you take will be a step done, soon they will all add up and you will realise you are well on your way. Good luck with your journey.

Feeling very calm, which is an alien feeling to me when im just embarking on a new eating regime. Normally id be a bit manic and obsessive but something is different this time, maybe its because instead of of having a date in front of me that i want to lose weight for, this time im just back from holiday and theres months ahead with nothing planned, so i know i can take my time, eat the right foods and watch the inches slowly fall away.
Just had a lovely dinner, an enormous plate of salad and lots of thinly cut pork chops marinated in chilli and garlic. All free food, completely stuffed and absolutely guilt free. How good is that?

That's fantastic Happe!!!:D

Good for you Happe.....sending you lots of postive vibes and continued motivation?! :D

I'm experimenting with some SW recipes at the moment to give me some variety in my daily routine so if you come across anything that you'd like to share please feel free to post the recipe! ;)

Hey Happe.
Sorry ive not been online to welcome you. Hope everything is going well for you so far. ive just lost 7lbs in 4 weeks which im really happy with. and i must admit im LOVING IT!! i know you'll do really well too!

Sorry for the short message...im a bit snowed under with work, but ill log on later to see how youre doing x

Take care

Keelie xxxxx

Thanks for the positive encouragement ladies:)
Keelie youve been doing great, reading of yours and Roch's success with SW was what finally convinced me that i was making the right decision to return to food optimising. Im not going to class at the moment, been so many times before that i think i may have heard it all before. Hoping to get all the support and encouragement i need on here, if i find i do need a class then theres quite a few locally i can return to.
I usually have good losses with SW especially in the beginning so im hoping they will keep me going. My sticking point is always 3st12lbs, no matter what my starting weight has been, i lose this amount easily then something switches off inside me and i start buggering it up. Ive done the same thing 4 times in the last 5 years, i wonder if i can just break through that 4st barrier whether i can carry it on then. So my 1st target is to get below 20st then break this 4st shortly after, im finding really hard not to put time targets on this but i really want to do it differently this time, stick to the plan and let nature take its course.
Its great to find a forum where all weight loss plans are being followed and not just VLCDs, its great ot be able to talk about food and not upset everyone.
I look forward to all of our successes.:)

Hi Keelie,

I was just thinking how much SW is suiting you..7lbs. in four weeks is fab losses...

Have you measured yourself before starting because I am sure you would be coming down inches as well and it is good to have a record of both weight and measurements and of course my all time favourite pictures...nothing like the before and after pics to tell the story.

Well done and here is to another good week ahead.
:)
Love Mini xxx

lost 1 inch from waist since doing SW but 5 inches in total this year!
2.5 ins from top of arms this year
2 ins from neck! '' ''
about 6 ins from hips '' ''
2 ins from knees '' ''
and about 4 from thighs '' ''

not doing too bad over all!!

Hi Happe,

I think most of us at some stage of our lives have tried so many diets that we know how difficult it is to find one that actually works for ourselves.

Therefore I feel it is important that we show our support for all our members and their choice of diet...support and help is needed always....before starting a diet when your just thinking about it...I was stuck here for a long time and I would of loved to have had access back then or even knew where to look!

Then of course when we are actually dieting support is crucial and our families can only do so much and our friends and it is nice to be able to come on here and discuss how we are feeling and know that no one minds and understands where you are coming from.

Losing weight is only one part and maintenance is a big one for most of us who lose a large amount of weight as we often resort back to our old habits without support, so here too I believe it is vitally important and then life long management.

It is an ongoing journey...

And I feel it is good to keep an open mind and educate ourselves on what is available out there and see how others get on and this does give encouragement and incentive to try or keep doing your diet.

I am looking forward to see how you are doing and I hope you will put your name down for the Christmas Challenge, you can pledge weight or a dress size that you want to lose for Christmas or you can leave it open and just put down your losses each week...no pressure:)

Love Mini xxx

Back