slimming world "saints".....or not??!!

Apart from 1 week off plan and Xmas day off plan, I have been 100% since last January (2010). It has taken me 63 weeks to lose my 4st 12lbs and I have had my fair share of random gains- when I have ben PERFECT. I always weigh out my syns - I actually have a balance in work for weighing cake on cake thursday and I always carry my trusty wee bottle of 250ml of semi skimmed milk. I don't post my dairy here, I started but it fell to the wayside. I have kept a diary of every single day on SW though, well actually 3 notebooks.

Truthfully, I think it's unfair to suggest that you should always lose. It's just not the case, or at least not for me. It really upset me when my C suggested that if you follow it 100% you should see a loss of at least 1.5lbs a week. Then again I have averaged at 1.2lbs a week, even with the gains and sts.

Actually, not sure where I was going with this!!! Just to let you know that it is possible to be 100% and still not have it pay off continuously!

Shrimpy said:
Apart from 1 week off plan and Xmas day off plan, I have been 100% since last January (2010). It has taken me 63 weeks to lose my 4st 12lbs and I have had my fair share of random gains- when I have ben PERFECT. I always weigh out my syns - I actually have a balance in work for weighing cake on cake thursday and I always carry my trusty wee bottle of 250ml of semi skimmed milk. I don't post my dairy here, I started but it fell to the wayside. I have kept a diary of every single day on SW though, well actually 3 notebooks.

Truthfully, I think it's unfair to suggest that you should always lose. It's just not the case, or at least not for me. It really upset me when my C suggested that if you follow it 100% you should see a loss of at least 1.5lbs a week. Then again I have averaged at 1.2lbs a week, even with the gains and sts.

Actually, not sure where I was going with this!!! Just to let you know that it is possible to be 100% and still not have it pay off continuously!

Your missing the point. My point was the people week in week out who sts or gain. I took 9 months to lose 2 stone. I don't believe tho and im sorry if this offends that people are actually eating 1/3 of super with eat meal or they would lose or sts they defo wouldn't be gaining

I eat over 1/3 SF, every meal.

I even sneak veggies in baked beans FFS. I still have gained 12 times, 2 times after I killed myself on a week of fast forward (lost 5lbs then gained it back oever 2 weeks) and stayed the same 3 times. I gained after the 1 week I was at frightfest (August) and the rest were completely random and unexpected. I still don't know why I gained those times, less than 10syns a day and 1/3 SF and 2-3ltrs of water, but it happened and I stuck to plan and eventually it went away.

It actually makes me rather miffed that you would question my honesty. Why would I lie? What advantage would there be in lying?

Flippin' heck. I'm dead chuffed with myself for being 100% for the last month, you're a whole new level of SW hardcore-ness!!

And you should be chuffed! It is a big achievement.

I am just stupidly motivated and I think I didn't actually have any food issues, other than sheer laziness (leading to too many takeaways and Findus crispy pancakes!)

And you should be chuffed! It is a big achievement.

I am just stupidly motivated and I think I didn't actually have any food issues, other than sheer laziness (leading to too many takeaways and Findus crispy pancakes!)

Haha, that was my problem too! I'm all good now when I'm home cooking for myself, but I tend to veer off if I'm eating out, or someone else is cooking etc - which is usually every other weekend!

Just to go off topic slightly, I know you were hovering around target for a while - how long did it take you to shift your last stone or so? Just asking as you're the same height as me and I'm pondering on whether to call target sooner as I seem to be really struggling to shift weight now (read: getting away with much less!) or whether to stick it out!!

I have been between 9st 8 and 8st 8 since OCT! It took ages, I reached 8st 10 then bounced up and down, lost lots of halfs and had lots of random gains... most of them occurred in this period (eight actually). I am still not sure how or why, but I have stuck with it and it has paid off. I am now a happy comfortable size 8 and my BMI is fine. :) I would have been a size 10 a stone ago, but I wasn't happy there.

Shrimpy said:
I eat over 1/3 SF, every meal.

I even sneak veggies in baked beans FFS. I still have gained 12 times, 2 times after I killed myself on a week of fast forward (lost 5lbs then gained it back oever 2 weeks) and stayed the same 3 times. I gained after the 1 week I was at frightfest (August) and the rest were completely random and unexpected. I still don't know why I gained those times, less than 10syns a day and 1/3 SF and 2-3ltrs of water, but it happened and I stuck to plan and eventually it went away.

It actually makes me rather miffed that you would question my honesty. Why would I lie? What advantage would there be in lying?

Oh im sorry was i questioning you????? No. Was i asking you if you personally was having ss? No. Was i saying you was lying? Once again no. I was saying i wonder if they r. And some people have fruit which is a natural high in sugar and makes them gain. Im 8'55.atm and ive gained 3 times in a yr and all times i knew i would. Like we have said before all people are different in the way our bodys work. When i reached my initial target of 9 stone i couldn't no matter what i did get under that weight. I stopped for 4 months rejoined 3lb heavier and lost 12lb. Obviously you thought the ss was a dig at you and that's your choice whether to believe but if you read it it wasn't. Kumbiahh tamborine time.

I don't understand why you have to be so rude to people who are understandably upset by the OP. If you are going to question the honesty of unnamed people on the forum, then those people who the circumstances you describe fit their weight loss have every right to answer from their own perspective.
Not everyones weight loss journey follows the same path, I consider myself pretty fortunate to have had a straightforward path to target, but every person is different. Some may have underlying medical conditions that make it harder to lose weight, some may simply lose slowly, so that when *week arrives it puts them right back to where they were before, and some may have not documented everything in minute detail, or had a bad day and not wanted to discuss it out of embarrassment. Some, also may not really be following and documenting the plan properly, but I am pretty sure that they will know that in themselves if they are and don't need calling out on it by the food diary police.

If you are going to post something as contentious as this, then you can expect that people may get upset and feel like they are being attacked unfairly, for whatever reason. We are not here to judge one another, we are here because we want and need support from people who understand what we are going through. No journey is perfect and faultless.

MadameLaMinx said:
If you are going to post something as contentious as this, then you can expect that people may get upset and feel like they are being attacked unfairly, for whatever reason. We are not here to judge one another, we are here because we want and need support from people who understand what we are going through. No journey is perfect and faultless.

Completely agree with this. It can't be a huge shock to you that some people would find your OP very personal? But to then berate them for disagreeing is v unfair. I thought the whole point of this forum was to provide support? Its one thing to ask someone if they been 100% when they have a smaller loss or sts - but your post - however unintentionally - reads as though you believe that when people answer yes to that question they are lying (i know you said porkies - but you know you meant lying) .
I did not find the initial post personally negative - doesn't apply to me as i don't write a diary on here and am definitely not a saint - but i do think that there is a line that you have perhaps crossed with some of your post to people who disagree with your point of view.5
Ps i can playthe recorder and was a girl guide so can i join the band please ? :)

I think the OP has dug herself into a hole and just keeps digging....

Look ive obviously offended sonera people. I don't know why people are taking it so personally tho. Well unless you are one of these people......

Im not digging a hole im expressing my opinion and ill continue to do so. If you don't like the post please don't get yourself wound up or upset its not worth it. Just move onto the next post. I really don't need to keep justifing myself for my observations. Nothing ive wrote is ever personal to any individual but i seem to be getting attacked for my opinions and observations which is unfair. I think those who are making personal attacks should leave them to the real world not bullying on an online forum its daft

MadameLaMinx said:
I don't understand why you have to be so rude to people who are understandably upset by the OP. If you are going to question the honesty of unnamed people on the forum, then those people who the circumstances you describe fit their weight loss have every right to answer from their own perspective.
Not everyones weight loss journey follows the same path, I consider myself pretty fortunate to have had a straightforward path to target, but every person is different. Some may have underlying medical conditions that make it harder to lose weight, some may simply lose slowly, so that when *week arrives it puts them right back to where they were before, and some may have not documented everything in minute detail, or had a bad day and not wanted to discuss it out of embarrassment. Some, also may not really be following and documenting the plan properly, but I am pretty sure that they will know that in themselves if they are and don't need calling out on it by the food diary police.

And i wasn't being rude. I just clarified it wasn't a personal attack. Your post is quite rude tho to me. Oh and it was a bloody observation.

Oh no not again I thought all this was sorted and put to bed.

If you read what alfiesmummy has said she asked the question "am I missing something here or are SOME people telling porkies". Ok now that may be a very generalistic question and yes may offend some but if it doesn't apply to you then why take offence.

There have been plenty on here that didn't agree to that comment being made but then openly admitted that they have at some point looked at others in class and disbelieved the 100% diary handed in to their consultant. Isnt this the same thing? As I said in my previous post some people will openly admit an off day, a blip or even a whole week off plan while others do not like to admit it for whatever reason. Everyone has their own reasons for being on SW as well as their own reasons how they follow the plan. Either way it has no relevance to anyone else how the plan is followed or what method they use to get there, the only relevance is to the individual. However if you publish a food diary online then it's open to advice, comments or observations from fellow SWers. I myself welcome anyones feedback as I sometimes worry I am not quite on the right track as I do it from home with old books and minimins.

Also while some would prefer the softer aproach to support others like myself would prefer the hard cold facts and harsh reality to make me push harder. If you think of the famous question many of us women have asked at some point or another "does my bum look big in this?" what answer would you want? The truth or to go out wearing something not quite flattering? I know what I'd prefer!

We're all here with the same end goal and that's to lose weight, it's only the route we take to get there that differs.

I don't think alfiesmummy intended to insult or call anyone a liar. Let's just all agree to disagree on this and carry on with our journeys. X x x

Oh dear, I have only just seen this thread and it's got totally out of hand by the looks of it. Come on people be nice to eachother. There is no need for the horrible comments & after reading through some of them some of you have been really harsh towards others. xxx

Look i want to say again sorry if ive caused offence. Ive said it earlier but obviously new people haven't seen. I haven't ever meant to offend and that why ive take the comments about me harshly as they upstate me people thinking i was being cruel.

Mrswilsoncroft where have u been j where is ur fb account. Hope ur ok xxxxx

Look i want to say again sorry if ive caused offence. Ive said it earlier but obviously new people haven't seen. I haven't ever meant to offend and that why ive take the comments about me harshly as they upstate me people thinking i was being cruel.

Mrswilsoncroft where have u been j where is ur fb account. Hope ur ok xxxxx

This is the problem with forums hun, everyone takes things in different ways. Personally I didnt care about what you had wrote but others would.
A simple solution I say is to not carry on reading if you dont like what you read & avoid commenting if its going to cause uproar lol!
There are better things in life to worry about than bickering with people you dont even know lol! Been there done that & enjoying not being on facebook at the moment because of that lol!
xxxx

MrsWilsoncroft said:
This is the problem with forums hun, everyone takes things in different ways. Personally I didnt care about what you had wrote but others would.
A simple solution I say is to not carry on reading if you dont like what you read & avoid commenting if its going to cause uproar lol!
There are better things in life to worry about than bickering with people you dont even know lol! Been there done that & enjoying not being on facebook at the moment because of that lol!
xxxx

Why what's happened??? hope ur ok xx

that is the very reason i dont have facebook!
and no1 is singing on here anymore how boring.. :( xxx

Back