Slinking down the aisle!!!

Hi Lolapink
Don't worry about the Pizza slip - just as an aside, when I was on Atkins before, it was OK to eat the cheese and meat topping of a pizza and stay in ketosis. Avoid the base at all costs, that's where the carbs are I'm afraid. Your slip may not be as bad as you thought as it was only for 1 day. On the subject of hair loss, mine is coming out as well, but my attitude is I'd rather be thin - it's as simple as that. And I'd love to know the proportion of celebraties who wear wigs for photoshoots - a lot I'd say! - Not that I'm saying it's that bad, but sometimes we're very hard on ourselves!

Hairloss - perfectly normal on this diet and nothing to worry about I promise! It's the same sort of hair loss you get after you have a baby. Every time I've done this low cal diet, several weeks after my cals have come up, I get my hair coming out heaps when I wash it/brush it, but, it's just hair that you should've lost over the weeks coming out in one go. Your body holds onto it when you are on a VLCD (and when you are pregnant), then once things revert to normal, the excess hair sheds :) You don't go bald, or thin that much. It's not noticeable to anyone but yourself, and it stops after a few weeks or so. I had it happen over Christmas time (during my LT break), but it's fine again now - maybe because I'm back on the diet lol. Goodness knows how long it will last for next time!

It doesn't happen to everyone though, and if it does, it's nothing to worry about. Promise! :) xx

Just popped in to make sure you're still with us?? Hope you're having a good day xx

Hi ladies, in work again! No rest for the wicked trying to
save pennies for this wedding! The last couple of days have been hard, I admit I haven't been 100% but I am so trying and I will not give up, it's hard to get back into it again but I will not lose my spark, I hit a roadblock with my oh's birthday yesterday but I'm not gonna beat myself up over it, the way I see it is that as long as I'm trying I'm trying! Gonna step up the exercise next week and really focus more. I will
not fail like I so often have before, I will do this!

Keep trying and stop prolonging the agony by eating!!!:copon: lol

Put it all behind you hun, it's not easy especially when we have occasions such as birthdays but you can do it! I have faith in you.

xx

C'mon now hun. Fresh start. Get back on track ;) xx

Thanks jayne, I need a massive kick up the butt before I undo all my hard work, I keep asking myself why I would put myself thru this for two weeks and then undo it all??? Tomorrow it's back to the gym, I'm quite excited, have enough shakes to last all week so changing my weigh in till Friday, I won't get complacent again, not when I'm not even halfway to my goal!!! I won't alter my ticker till Friday, don't want to see how crap ive been - pma is back back back!!!

Glad to hear it hun :) You can do it :) xx

hey girlie,, i know youve been super busy we all have,,hope you have managed to stay 100percent ,,i know its tough getting back on the wagon once you slip up but we believe in you... This time is not like any other time,,this time you are doing it and will get to goal...BEACHALICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!.....xx

How you doing hun? xx

I am rubbish, gonna be a fatty bride at this rate :cry: Let this be a lesson to anybody even tempted at straying from tfr - it is sooooo not worth it, it is so hard to get back on, and I have the most motivational year of my life to look forward to and I am still struggling every single day, I can be 100% during the day but in the evenings it all just collapses. I'm back up to 12 stone 6, so still half a stone lighter than when I started but I keep thinking about how I could be another stone down from here if only I'd carried on as brilliantly as I was doing. Time of the month tomorrow too so its all stacked against me, its Feb next week and I am getting married in May!!! feeling a bit crappola today peeps, feel like I've let everyone down, depressing rant over now! x hope everybody else is feeling really good and positive x

Still very achievable! Write down your goals what you are doing this for how you want to look, get excited again!

Evening wise find a solution, if I am tempted to eat I will go for a 20 min walk or I will go and brush my teeth, or I will read a chapter if my book! Busy yourself or remove yourself from temptation!

Hope this helps a bit!

Thankyou you Cherrycoke! It really is all about the getting excited bit, visualising where you will be and how you will look and I think I get so peed off with myself for eating and feel such a sloth that its hard to imagine myself "clean" of food and happy! It'll just be embarrasing to go back to the pharmacy next week for more shakes and not have lost anything in a couple of weeks! suck it up and move on I suppose, take it on the chin and move forward Claire!!!

Come on Claire, you can do it!! Just a bit of sacrifice for a few weeks, like everyone has said before... all that food you're cheating with will still be there when you finish! Re-focus, don't give up! :D

xx

Thanks my lovely, its not even as though the food makes me feel great! It really is just a bloomin habit! I know this yet still can't break the cycle, but I can do this - gonna tell my poor oh he has to get tough with me, he says thats easier said than done - anything for an easy life!!!

Aww hun, I can completely understand where you are coming from. It is so, so difficult when your head isn't in the right place for this sort of diet. So many times in the past I've been so totally desperate to lose weight, and yet the food kept on going in. I had so many failed starts on TFR. Just keep trying really hard to get back on track and hopefully things will click into place. If you could just grit really tightly for a few days and get back into ketosis. I think you're just getting yourself very overwhelmed by the bigger picture, and need to break it down into smaller chunks. How about just telling yourself you'll do one week - just one week 100% and then you can have a week of 2 shakes and a protein and salad evening meal? It's likely if you get through a week, you will keep going again, but knowing week 2 has the promise of food (which of course you could do if it came to it, and you'd still get fab weight losses) may just get you through. Come on - 1 week 100%. You can do that! :)

xx

Hi Claire, how was your weekend at work? Are you getting through this OK? xx

I'm determined to get through the next month totally 100%, I've messed up two weeks and don't want to drag it out any longer, januarys gone already and I still want to lose two and a half stone by April, I so hope that's feasible. I've been thinking past lt now and actually worrying about coming off it completely! I mean, I'll have my hen weekend in April and then the wedding mid may followed by our honeymoon, I'm hoping I have the strength to maintain by then, and that my to hell with it attitude and all or nothing food philosophy will have changed. The lt in some ways seems the easy bit, it's what's after that's gonna take some work, the bit between coming off 100% and the wedding itself seems really daunting!!!

Its kick up the bum day everyone!!! :booboo: "The Great Penicillin and Subsequent Slacker Catastrophy of 2011" has now been and gone and hopefully never to resurface again! I can't dwell on whats gone but I am certainly gonna think about whats ahead - me as a hot bride and rockin that bikini on honeymoon!!! :D :D :D Blips happen and thats mine over and done with. I woke up this morning with a renewed enthusiasm, I started this in January out of desperation and I mustn't forget that, none of us are here out of choice. I'm here because I am just naturally greedy, there I've admitted it! I used to hate the girls at school who would have one piece of chocolate and put the rest away for later! I'd eat the whole bar and have two more later!!! Seriously, I am hoping this experience on LT will help me address this issue and realise real hunger and my normal habitual/boredom/greed "hunger". I want to be a slim bride, I want to be a healthy looking mum-to-be hopefully not long after the wedding and I do know I wouldnt have got this far without this site and some of the ladies on here - so thanks to everyone - and keep me on the straight and narrow ya hear?!!! xxx

Back