SLOW COOKER RECIPES

oh wow! Subscribing! I gotta get me a slow cooker. I see B&M are doing ones for £14.99. I might buy one to dip my toe in the water!

I am def getting one. Going to start looking around. What a lovely thought just to bung food in and later in the day a yummy meal! It's getting dark earlier and cooler so winter woollies back on, bread maker out of the cupboard. That smell drives me crazy!! Yum yum, yum! :)

I`d be lost without my slow cooker in winter.
Tends to be the basic beef or chicken stew.

Need to trawl through the recipes to get inspired!!
Now all I need is a soup maker.
Have tried to use a stick blender but it tends to splatter all over the place!!

I`d be lost without my slow cooker in winter.
Tends to be the basic beef or chicken stew.

Need to trawl through the recipes to get inspired!!
Now all I need is a soup maker.
Have tried to use a stick blender but it tends to splatter all over the place!!

What I do with a stick blender is to strain the liquid off. Put the rest in a largish container then blend it. Put back into the liquid and hey presto, give it a stir.

Works for me, hope it works for you. For me personally and soup maker does not make enough for me for 4 daysl. Not that I have used one. :rolleyes:

I would be lost in winter without my soup maker.Mine is a 1.6L one and takes 20 mins from beginning to end.It does it chunky or smooth.

That and a slow cooker is the 2 best bits of kitchen equipment I have bought.:)

Maybe not as bad as I thought. :)

thanks for the ideas, I also own a slow cooker I can't wait to try out some of the recipes x

I bought myself a slow cooker from Aldi this week. I did have one over twenty years ago, but that only had one temperature, and never had bery good results from it, so hoping that this one will be better!

I bought myself a slow cooker from Aldi this week. I did have one over twenty years ago, but that only had one temperature, and never had bery good results from it, so hoping that this one will be better!

Using it today for the first time to cook a beef brisket joint, hope it's successful!

Love brisket in the slow cooker :-D

I had it on medium, and was going to cook the one kilo joint for about seven and a half hours, but it's not doing much, so, just turned it up to high, how do you cook yours? X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

I had it on medium, and was going to cook the one kilo joint for about seven and a half hours, but it's not doing much, so, just turned it up to high, how do you cook yours? X

Pretty much the same as Cavegirl. Sometimes I use leeks sliced lengthways as a base to sit it on and I like to add a splash of worcester sauce. Mine cooks a bit longer due to my working hours but is still tasty, never dry or tough :)

I put some onions and carrots in the bottom with a cup or two of water.Brisket on top and cook on low for 7/8 hours.Turn it down to warm and leave it for 20 mins.:)

Pretty much the same as Cavegirl. Sometimes I use leeks sliced lengthways as a base to sit it on and I like to add a splash of worcester sauce. Mine cooks a bit longer due to my working hours but is still tasty, never dry or tough :)

Thank you both!

I have now turned it back down to medium, as it seemed to be bubbling too much on high, maybe I will reduce it to low shortly too!

I put some carrots, parsnip and onions in, put the joint on top, but think maybe I put too much liquid, it was a pint, half red wine, and half stock and added a bouquet garni.

Ah yes when you cook in a slow cooker you need to reduce the liquid of a normal recipe by at least a third as they produce their own water from the seal of the lid. Hope you enjoy your brisket

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Ah yes when you cook in a slow cooker you need to reduce the liquid of a normal recipe by at least a third as they produce their own water from the seal of the lid. Hope you enjoy your brisket

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thank you, I did read that somewhere, but as I didn't follow a recipe, I didn't really know how much to use.

Lamb shanks in the slow cooker ready for tonight's low syn dinner!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1411816960.402270.jpg

Back