SLOW COOKER RECIPES

That looks so good, think I need to come for dinner ;)

They look better cooked ;-)

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1411838933.462193.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

I love lamb shanks too. Must try in slow cooker. Yesterday I bought a piece of leg of pork. When I opened it the string was so loose I took it off. I cut the thick rind off with scissors and put in slow cooker just with a piece of foil in the bottom and lots of pepper. NO LIQUID AT ALL. It came out sooo tender and was lovely.
I used the hot juices that had some out of the pork in the bottom and put in some chicken granules in it. Mmmmm I put rest of gravy in fridge and will have it tonight with spuds and broccoli.

I don`t usually like cold meat too much but have just tasted what is left in the fridge and it is still tender.

I love lamb shanks too. Must try in slow cooker. Yesterday I bought a piece of leg of pork. When I opened it the string was so loose I took it off. I cut the thick rind off with scissors and put in slow cooker just with a piece of foil in the bottom and lots of pepper. NO LIQUID AT ALL. It came out sooo tender and was lovely.
I used the hot juices that had some out of the pork in the bottom and put in some chicken granules in it. Mmmmm I put rest of gravy in fridge and will have it tonight with spuds and broccoli.

I don`t usually like cold meat too much but have just tasted what is left in the fridge and it is still tender.

Mmmmm sounds lovely. Can't wait to try this Doreen Thanks xx

Found this on the web, and fancied trying it!

Simply a gammon joint and a tin of pineapple in the slow cooker...

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1412760685.580492.jpg

The difficult one is, how synful is it?

Found this on the web, and fancied trying it!

Simply a gammon joint and a tin of pineapple in the slow cooker...

View attachment 155850

The difficult one is, how synful is it?

Might it be better synwise with fresh Pineapple? How much is the pineapple cooked. ? I love the sound of it xx

Might it be better synwise with fresh Pineapple? How much is the pineapple cooked. ? I love the sound of it xx

The pineapple is disgusting when cooked, way too salty, as I knew it would be!

Even if you use fresh pineapple, it's synned if you cook it. You could add 100 ml of unsweetened pineapple juice for 2 syns along with the gammon (so the flavour gets through the meat) then stir in fresh pineapple chunks at the end so it doesn't cook x

Even if you use fresh pineapple, it's synned if you cook it. You could add 100 ml of unsweetened pineapple juice for 2 syns along with the gammon (so the flavour gets through the meat) then stir in fresh pineapple chunks at the end so it doesn't cook x

Think I will stick with a roasted gammon joint, much tastier!

Rapidly falling out of love with the slow cooker, just like I have previously,

these recipes sound delicious cant wait to try them out

ROOT VEGETABLE AND LENTIL CASSEROLE

Serves 4 Syns 8 on original Free on Green

1 medium onion
2 celery sticks
1 1/2 pints vegetable stock
8oz carrots
8oz potatoes
8oz parsnips
8oz swede
1 large leek
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon mustard seeds, crushed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4oz red lentils
2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander

1. Peel the onion and slice thinly. Trim and slice the celery. Place in a large saucepan with 1/4 pint stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, peel and slice the carrots. Peel the potatoes, parsnips, swede and cut into small chunks. Trim and slice the leek lengthwise and rinse to flush out any trapped earth. Shake well and slice thickly.
3. Stir the vegetables into the saucepan along with the remaining stock, spices, plenty of seasoning and the lentils. Bring to the boil, then transfer to the slow cooker and cook on high for 1 1/2 hours.
4. Serve the casserole sprinkled with chopped coriander.

I made this yesterday and it was lovely and filling. It was a little too thin so I just put the stick blender in, still in slow cooker pot, have it a brief whizz, a stir and that was perfect. Got three portions left to freeze for when I need something hot and quick.
Thanks Sue xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

im not sure if this has been mentioned yet but i have a lush recipe for a gammon stew concoction thingy.

not specific with the ingredients as i gues you could add what you like, so i will just be general with what i did.

in the slow cooker i put

a small joint of smoked gammon
a tub of passata
about half a pint of veg stock
carrots
potatoes (large chunks)

i cooked these on high for about 7 hours in the slow cooker then took out the gammon, shredded it and put it back in, adding a tin of beans, gave it a stir and let it cook for another half hour then served with cabbage.
you could leave out the potatoes and beans if a red day.
things like peppers, mushrooms, onions and things could be added too.

was delicious and greatly recieved by the men in my house. :)

Has anyone ever cooked a gammon joint in the slow cooker? Seen a few recipes but I feel very scared about just putting a joint with nothing else in the slow cooker for hours x

Back