• image-3439436785.jpg
    image-3439436785.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 719
  • image-1238741742.jpg
    image-1238741742.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 628
slow cooker recipes please

hi everyone

i'm new to using a forum so i hope i'm doing this right!

i've been doing slimming world for a bout a year now and follow the extra easy plan, i'm not a very confident cook but i do enjoy to cook so i have been going through everyone's lovely recipes on here.
my problem is my mum just gave me a slow cooker and apart from stew i have no clue what sort of slimming world delights i could cook in it and i would really appreciate some recipe ideas from anyone who has 5 mins to spare.

many thanks

I mainly cook joints of meat in my slow cooker as I am not very adventurous either! I did a gammon joint in mine yesterday which I marinaded in a little honey and wholegrain mustard for very little syns. I served it with salad and jacket potatoes and I used the rest of the gammon today for a roast. It was lovely! You could also do a chilli or bolognaise aslong as you use the extra lean steak mince as it can go very greasy otherwise and not much liquid but loads of veggies. I am going to try soup in mine this week as my sister swears by it!!

I got a slow cooker for xmas too lol. Loving it its fab, got a pea and ham soup in it at the mo, cooked the gammon hock yesterday and it fell off the bone, have also done a few soups in it and a roast chicken omg it was the best chicken ive ever had. Have also tried the shwartz slow cooker packet sauces very easy to do and low syns too. There is a thread on here with a few recipes on it and if you type crock pot recipes on google there are loads on there.

Look in the winter warmer section as there are a couple of stickies with slow cooker recipes. Also worth doing a search in that forum as there are loads of threads on the subject

Try the Hungarian goulash recipe on the sw website but drain the tin of toms as it will be too wet otherwise. It says to serve it with fromage frais but I served it with ww creme fraiche which worked out low syn and did it with broccoli and rice and we had 5 clean clean plates in our house :D

I got a slow cooker for xmas too lol. Loving it its fab, got a pea and ham soup in it at the mo, cooked the gammon hock yesterday and it fell off the bone, have also done a few soups in it and a roast chicken omg it was the best chicken ive ever had. Have also tried the shwartz slow cooker packet sauces very easy to do and low syns too. There is a thread on here with a few recipes on it and if you type crock pot recipes on google there are loads on there.

what sort of timing would you cook a chicken in a slow cooker?

You can always do a roast in the slow cooker - ideal for when you are out for the day or have a cheap joint of beef.

Simply scrunch up some silver foil to make three x 1" balls or use 2 carrots, put these at the bottom of the slow cooker then rest the joint or whole chicken on top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours and hey presto, all you need to do is boil up some veg and make some gravy.

You can also add some flavouring, for example, my family like me to add lemon juice, oregano and garlic salt to the chicken; lime and orange to pork joints or a little red wine to the beef

that sounds really yummy and im really glad you put cooking timh es as ive just been given a slow cooker and have no idea what im doin with it really!!

what cuts of pork or beef would you suggest for the slow cooker?

i just throw loads of veg in like carrots, leeks, potatoes, onions a veg stock cube add some pepper and leave it to cook for about six hours makes a tasty veg soup and if u dont wont it chunky just blend it all together

I'll be trying some of these recipes! My fave is beef stew... Chop potatoes and carrots and put these at the bottom of the slow cooker. Add chopped onion. Brown the beef so it takes less time to cook and add that into the slow cooker. Sprinkle over 3 oxo cubes and add boiling water so everything is covered. Put on high for about 5-6 hours (will probably be ready in less time but this makes the meat fall apart! After 5 hours stir round and add some gravy granules to thicken a bit (don't forget its a syn) then leave for about halfg an hour and serve! :) xxx

katie thats exactly how i have mine and its gorgeous!!!!!xxx

yas im glad i found it too cos mines still in its box due to me not havin a clue:sigh::sigh:!!

which in general is quite usual for me :confused::confused:

got home from work to my stew in slow cooker which i thought was delish :D

but oh said "could of had more meat in"

but he is a greedy git :eatdrink023::D:D!!

cheers all from a v happy cathie Xxx

Haha fab! I'm doing the stew tomorrow for tea looking forward to it already! Xx

do you think i could use pataks curry paste? would you brown the meat and onions first? i might just do it and then ill know ;);)

let you know how it goes

cathie XXX

Back