SLOW COOKER RECIPES

hi ya morrisons do a slow cooker chicken in red wine sauce by colemans i think i made it the other night it was really nice didn't work the syns out but they were about the same as the other colman mixes i think!

My Tesco has slow-cookers for £10 at the mo. Looked like quite biggish ones too.

HELP please!

On the off chance that I have to cook a Christmas dinner this year, can anyone recommend a good, festive, meaty or fishy dish for the slow cooker? I have no idea about meat/fish and never cook it so it will have to be pretty idiot proof!

The slow cooker is a 3.5L round one. It will need to serve 3 adults, one of whom does not like mushrooms.

Thanks in advance :)

Simple sausage casserole

This has probably already been done but I love sausage casserole and this is so simple , i am not on SW at the moment but still make it for the family -

6-8 syn free sausages ( our buthcers do them ) or low syn
1 tin beans
2 tins of toms
veg ( I use carrots and sweetcorn )
1 onion
1 tbls beef bovril paste
splash worcestershire sauce
S&P

fry off onion and sausages in fry light till brown , add all other ingredients and bring to boil ... chuck in slow cooker on low for 8 hours or high for 4-5 :) yum

Do you have to fry the sausages and onions first and heat everything up or can you just chuck in the slow cooker from nothing ?

Thanks

Gail x

ooo all these sounds lovley will be saving these - ive not long had my slowcooker and really need ideras for it!

so how would you do a roast then?
Say with turkey (small one for me and hubs and bubs) and lamb would you just cook the turkey normally and the lamb in the slow cooker?
Want our first family xmas to be a special one.
xxxx

think i will defo try to cook beef in mine. for a roast. i'll let u know how it turns out

I'Ve been using the chicken curry colmans slow cooker sachet and the other three, they are low enough (4 or 5 sins) but when you use them for a family they dont work out as too much.

I've picked these up too - and they're only about 80-90p each.

Tried the sausage and bean casserole last week - worked out a bit more as used Tesco HL sausages. It was really good - perfect comfort food.

Made the chicken curry on Sunday ready to have for tea tonight. I used a whole chicken jointed and skinned so will probably make 6 portions. Plus it's high on superfree as you put spinach in at the end.

Back