SLOW COOKER RECIPES

Slow cooker rice pudding - 6 syns the lot or a HE A section on Extra Easy and Green plans

200g/7oz uncooked short grained pudding rice
450ml water
3 eggs, beaten
350ml skimmed milk mixed with 100ml cold water (1 HE A or 6 syns)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tsp low salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
sweetner to taste

Place rice and 450ml water into a pan, bring to the boil then simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the rice is cooked.

Set slow cooker to high and pour in the milk and water mix, the beaten eggs, salt, nutmeg, vanilla extract and the
cooked rice. Mix, place on the lid and cook for 2 hours.

The mixture should look like it has set, give it a stir and add enough sweetner to taste. (If you add the sweetner earlier
it tastes bitter)

Gorgeous hot, and blumming out of this world cold with a muller light summer fruits mixed in!

can anyone advise me please on the macaroni cheese i made today it looks like cottage cheese mixed with pasta rather than a creamy texture should it look like that or have i gone wrong somewhere....i copied the recipe to a t?!?!?!?

Looking for a nice beef slow cooker recipe

O/h bought a beef chuck joint so thought i might lob it in the slow cooker-I've only just recently bought it, so I'm a newbie to slow cookers AND slimming world :D

Any ideas (preferably extra easy)

:thankyou:

That ones on the shortlist ;)

Just finished your pork, couscous and roasted veggie dish and it was very tasty-will be having it again for sure :D

slow cooker recipies

can anyone please help me with some slow cooker ideas. i work long hours and it would be ideal to have my meals all done for when i get home. im following slimming world extra easy so all ideas welcome.
:rolleyes:

If you take a look in the Winter Warmer Recipe section you will find lots of slow cooker recipes

I am looking for some tasty recipes for Slow Cookers. I am on EE (just started) and could really use the help. Any suggestions appreciated!

If you look in the winter warmer section there are two stickies about slow cooking and a search in that sub-forum will bring up loads of other recipes as well

My favourite is a beef joint slow cooked.

Just slice potatoes about 1cm thick and cover the base of the slow cooker. place the joint on this, then add mushrooms, onions (which I quater to have big bits) and cherry tomatoes. Fill with stock untill it covers the bottom 1cm of your meat, you dont need any more. Sprinkle in dried thyme, salt and pepper and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

This is a free version but to add extra flavour i sometimes add some red wine, about 1 cup wine to 2 cups stock.

Hope this helps.

Try these!.......

Pete’s Version of Spiced Chicken Casserole

(Original idea from page 62 in “100 Original Recipes”)

Serves 2 People

Ingredients

2 x Chicken Breasts chopped into cubes
1 x large Leek
½ each Red & Green Peppers deseeded & cut into strips.
½ pint Chicken Bovril stock
2 Large Mushrooms chipped into pieces
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp chopped garlic
Salt & Pepper

Method

Place the chopped chicken into a hot pan that has been sprayed with Fry light and lightly brown, sprinkle with a few drops of “Worcester Sauce”
Either use a Casserole Dish or a Slow Cooker.
Add all the ingredients and bring to the boil, in the oven reduce the heat to 180 and cook for about 1-30hrs.
In a Slow Pot bring to a boil & reduce to “low” and cook for at least 2-00hrs
Serve with Free Vegetables

Pete’s Slow Cooker Goulash

Serves 4 people

1Ib Braising steak all fat removed, cut into chunks
1 Large onion, roughly chopped
400g mushrooms sliced
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 Tbsp Paprika
1 large Carrot roughly chopped
1 Celery Stick
1 Bayleaf
350g Passata
1 Knorr Beef Stock Pot
½ Pt water
Salt & Pepper
Splash of Worcester Sauce

1 Red pepper chopped & deseeded
1 Green pepper chopped & deseeded
or
Jar of flame grilled roasted peppers in vinegar drained and chopped

Method

Spray a frying pan with Fry light and heat up, place the meat in the pan and brown it, stirring it to prevent it sticking.
Meanwhile switch the slow cooker on high.
When meat is browned then place into slow cooker and add all the other ingredients including a pint of the beef stock. Add Salt & Pepper & A splash of Worcester Sauce
When boiling, turn down to the lowest setting , replace the lid and leave as long as you like but at least 2 Hrs.
If it is too thick then add more water as required.

Serve with

400g pasta of your choice.
or Your favourite Veg

Attachments

• Petes Chicken Casserole.JPG
    Petes Chicken Casserole.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 453
  • Goulash-1.JPG
    Goulash-1.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 405
congrats to pete!!!

not a tin of chopped toms in sight!!

will try these recipes for defo!!

cathie xx

Hello!

I love my slow cooker, it's great when you have to work all day! I like to cook a Gammon joint in my slow cooker, so thought i'd share!

I pop it in and cover with water
Add:
1 x quartered onion
1 x quartered apple
black pepper corns
bay leaf
and secret ingrediant....a star anaise (You can get packs of these in most supermarkets and will last ages)

I leave it on while at work, then take out, cover in foil and put in the oven. Then just serve with what ever pots and veg you like. (I like roasties and steamed veg. And use a bit of the left over gammon water to make up some gravy)

Enjoy!

Back