Smug moment!!

Russiandoll

Carpe diem
Just thought I'd copy this post I did on the wemitts thread for those who might not have seen it (because I'm feeling smug!!)

Something happened yesterday that was quite strange. I'm the eldest of four girls and for the past six years haven't had any contact with the two middle sisters (family issues blah blah). Well, as my dad is so ill, we've been making moves to heal old rifts and I travelled out to visit the next one down from me (I'm 44, she's 42).

She has been very slim for as long as I can remember and was always the 'glam' sister (married a much older man for money etc) and was always making little sniping comments about my weight (e.g ... "Oh Deb, my friend saw a photo of you and me together and thought you were my Auntie <laughs hysterically>. I told her you were only two years older but it's the weight that ages you" :mad: ).
Anyway, I knocked the door of her house, it opened and OMG - BOTH of us had a 'jaw dropping' moment.

I am about 8st lighter since we last met and she has GAINED about 5st!! Also, her years of daily sunbed sessions and excessive smoking have not been kind to her skin.

Now, I'm happy we're able to start mending bridges etc but do I sound a complete and total bi*ch for feeling ever so slightly smug??
If ever I needed to find the motivation to complete my journey and get to my 10st target, there it is. There's NO WAY I'm returning to morbid obesity after that incident: It felt way too good!!:)

You're only human honey, and I for one would have found it practically impossible not to have one of those AHA moments!!! :eek: Good for you - use it to feed your determination! :D

What a lovely moment for you RD.....and I'm sure you handled it with dignity and tact and didn't tell her the years/fags/sundbeds hadn't been kind to her.....;)

Keep the focus and you'll be at 10 stone before you know it......:D

Love

What a lovely moment for you RD.....and I'm sure you handled it with dignity and tact and didn't tell her the years/fags/sundbeds hadn't been kind to her.....;)

Keep the focus and you'll be at 10 stone before you know it......:D

Love

You're right Mich - I'm not a naturally 'nasty' person and would never deliberately hurt someone's feelings. It just felt good to 'have my moment', quietly to myself after years of being made to feel the fat and frumpy one. And besides ... sometimes silence is more powerful than words!

Debbie, the phrase that comes to mind is
"WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND"
reason to feel smug - YES
feel guilty about it - NO
good motivation to keep you going tho !!:D

You have now received inner peace :D

Bet it felt kinda good ;)

Good for you :)

Debbie, totally relate to how brilliant that must have felt! (being jealous of my sister is a very annoying monkey on my back that I am determined to shrug off this next year, not that i'm saying you are jealous or anything).

Don't feel guilty or smug for feeling good - just enjoy the feeling! And bloody well done for not rubbing it in - I can't say I would have been so lovely!

Wonderful news Debbie, and no I don't think you should feel guilty ...... you didn't do anything - and you have worked hard to lose the weight so enjoy feeling smug!!
The phrase "nothing tastes as good as being slim" springs to mind!!!

wow that must have felt great!

congratulations with your fab loss. :)

Lisee xx

Just thought I'd copy this post I did on the wemitts thread for those who might not have seen it (because I'm feeling smug!!)

Something happened yesterday that was quite strange. I'm the eldest of four girls and for the past six years haven't had any contact with the two middle sisters (family issues blah blah). Well, as my dad is so ill, we've been making moves to heal old rifts and I travelled out to visit the next one down from me (I'm 44, she's 42).

She has been very slim for as long as I can remember and was always the 'glam' sister (married a much older man for money etc) and was always making little sniping comments about my weight (e.g ... "Oh Deb, my friend saw a photo of you and me together and thought you were my Auntie <laughs hysterically>. I told her you were only two years older but it's the weight that ages you" :mad: ).
Anyway, I knocked the door of her house, it opened and OMG - BOTH of us had a 'jaw dropping' moment.

I am about 8st lighter since we last met and she has GAINED about 5st!! Also, her years of daily sunbed sessions and excessive smoking have not been kind to her skin.

Now, I'm happy we're able to start mending bridges etc but do I sound a complete and total bi*ch for feeling ever so slightly smug??
If ever I needed to find the motivation to complete my journey and get to my 10st target, there it is. There's NO WAY I'm returning to morbid obesity after that incident: It felt way too good!!:)

Hey Debbie,

Hadn't picked this up on DeWITTS as for some reason I have never really gone there - although I have 'posted' an application this morning :eek:

Anyhow, I would have said - you go and FEEL smug, in reality, this has provided you with THE most clear indicator of what you have achieved. :D

As i said FEEL smug 'cos I know you have too much class to go and wipe her nose in it - which of course is not going to help rebuild the relationship. :cool:

However, you do have my permission (heehee) to unload both barrels if she says something along the lines of 'I'm glad we can get on now, you're such a nicer person now you've lost that weight' :D

You are allowed to eat meat at this point in time - raw, fresh - and FATTY meat (PMSL - sorry mental image did it for me) :eek:

Mindless

Oooooooooh Deb,

you've every right to feel smug - well done to you..

One thing I was wondering, did your sister mention your weightloss?

pmsl!!! :D :D Am I being nasty by hoping that you did a twirl for her in your excitement and said "look at me, can you believe it??....you remember what it was like when you were slim...well now so do I!!!""

You could always offer to help her....at least it would also help to heal some of the old wounds! ;)

Yeah but a "jig" is mandatory when being smug!!! :D

Back