Snow's healthy living ramblings

lol :) I'm the same when I use a slow cooker

With super free I ate far too much of it in my first week.. I think that's why I had such an amazing loss haha!
what was the corned beef pie like?

The corned beef pie was great - I have dug the picture up off facebook, it is 3.5 syns a quarter with ordinary corn beef or 2 per quarter with lean and it is well worth it. I have dug up a picture of the meal sans superfree :D- let me know if you want the recipe.

I think I eat a lot of superfree? - I would definitely say one third of my food is if not one third of every meal. You've done amazingly - I had a fantastic start - got my first stone off in 2 weeks and then I stuggled for a bit and now I seem to be chugging along. I'd love to have a big loss every week but I seem to have small ones mostly and then every now and then get surprised by a 5 off or something but it as long as it is going in the right direction that is okay - I know it will take some time to shift all this weight but as long as I am making some progress I am happy.

cornbeefpie.jpg

Ohhh that looks super yummy!!! I would love a recipe!!! :D

You're doing really well as well. :) we'll both plod along together. :)

It just makes me happy that there's a diet that actually works that I know I can stick to, but I know I can be better behaved and do it quicker if i wanted and it upsets me when I am not super good if that makes sense? I just want feel how I feel inside. Lol :/

and yeah you do eat a lot of super free.. it's good to do so. :D

May make a super speed soup tonight.. OH has pizza so I can have whatever I want.

Going to go out in a min and come back brown. It's pissing it down and I want to take the girls to the fields lol

Will post the recipe below.

I definitely find that about slimming world - when I decided I was going to have another go at losing weight I had no doubt about what I was going to do, I had done Slimming World once before so knew absolutely it was a diet I could stick to. For a long time after starting I was annoyed at myself for quitting the first time but I now weigh less than I did when I quit so I have decided to let that go as that's healthier. (That was mainly job related - I worked on a team with lots of people doing slimming world and we all used to support each other then got a new job and felt like I could go off the rails as no-one knew I was on a diet. V sensible) But I love how I don't feel deprived and hungry and miserable on slimming world and I've replaced the work support with forums and facebook groups etc. I know I could do it quicker if I didn't have nights off for social things (and if I didn't have 20 syns which I'm allowed because of my weight but then I worry that not having nights off and the extra syns would make it less sustainable so I just think stick with this as it's working.

My OH only gets pizza when he's been working late and will be having his dinner when I'm asleep.

Hope you don't end up too muddy - I suppose it's all body magic though! even if muddy body magic.

The pie recipe is

340g tin ordinary corn beef (14 syns) OR 2 X 200g lean corn beef (8 syns)1 red onion roughly chopped.
3 eggs
1 300g tub no fat cottage cheese (or low fat enough to be free)
half a packet instant mash
75ml water (optional)
dried herbs (optional)
salt and pepper (optional)

Mixing Bowl
Pie tin

Preheat oven to 200c or gas mark 6

Put cottage cheese in bowl and mash the lumps out as much as possible - I use a stick blender on mine to make it a bit smoother.
add the eggs and stir.
roughly chop the onion, add and stir
add the corn beef, stir
add the instant mash, stir
add the water if mixture seems dry
add herbs and seasoning to taste
spray pie tin with fry light and fill with corn beef mixture

30 mins in oven at 200c/gas mark 6

hmmm sounds lovely! I'll probably be having it soon. :D (Or whenever I remember to pick up Corn Beef which knowing me will be right after I've gone shopping!)

How long did you do slimming world for before?

I am honestly not sure - I know it was for more than 12 weeks as I had an NHS referral which lasted that long but then I was paying to go. I had been losing weight using calorie counting and my fitnesspal when I started so I'd lost just under a stone on my own and then I think I was nearly at my stone and a half with sliming world then I switched jobs had a couple of off plans weeks where i either gained or STS, didn't stay to group because I'd gained and then stopped going all together as I thought there would be definite gains. I didn't keep the book and have no idea what weight I was when I started - I only know what I was when I quit as when I started using my fitness pal again it had it as my weight (that was depressing to update)

Yes. I love graphs. I have a spreadsheey off here - squiddies one. The sw website and myfitnesspal has a graph too. Here is the chilli and rice. I added my hea cheese and some free cottage cheese as it's v hot.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Attachments

• 1408986534129.jpg
    1408986534129.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 57
Right as it's weigh day and my scales at home are showing a five pound loss. It's melon for breakfast and lunch. My morning weighs are 2 - 3 lb pounds lighter than evenjng weighs so if today could be a 2 pound difference then I'd get my three stone cert. So melon for meals and fruit for snacks and more peppermint tea!

Good luck for tonight!

I forgot my peppermint tea last night.. having a cuppa now lol

My scales are only showing a 1-2 loss.. if I get that I'll be happy

Thanks. You too. Really any loss is great but the scales have got my hopes up. That previous post should have had a picture attached but it didn't work. I've tried again.

I wonder if it is a wifi vs mobile Internet issue. I generally upload from my phone after taking the photos on my phone but it could be that the wifi connection in the house was better.

3.5 off tonight and got this lot :D

Attachments

• 1409080270050.jpg
    1409080270050.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 119
Back