Snow's healthy living ramblings

Well done!

Thanks guys - I am wondering if having multiple amounts of melon was a mistake yesterday as I've been on the loo most of the day. I used 10 syns on a bagel though as white bread is pretty binding. I had steak and potatoes for dinner - I've prepped some strawberries - they'd be my first superfree all day what with my bad tummy. I really want them but am wondering if it is a bad idea to have them and if maybe they should be breakfast tomorrow if I'm okay tonight.

I am still pretty chuffed with my none scale victory of being down a shoe size. I got these boots Nature's Own Shoe Boots EEE Fit | Simply Be and that brand doesn't go up to the size I was before - they came today and fit perfect. On the downside I did end up walking out of a pair of existing shoes last week and have to swap at work to the spare pair I keep under my desk.

I love melon and it's never done that to me before - I feel betrayed but that said I don't normally eat a whole melon by myself. Today I have had a pear for breakfast and I have ham and peases pudding sandwiches again for lunch (HEB + 6 syns)

Thank you dominoes and thank you for following.

I have another pear and a fruitopolis yog to go with my sandwiches which I really want to eat now - am holding out for 12:30

I just came from the canteen where I bought a Dr Pepper Zero to get stopped by someone who I don't know from a different department who just wanted to tell me that even though they didn't know me they could see i'd lost so much weight and it was really noticeable and well done. It has really given me a boost as I sometimes I think the people who I know saying that are doing it because they know I am doing slimming world and they are trying to be encouraging but I don't even know this ladies name so she obviously has no reason to say it - other than it being true. It has really made my day.

Aww what a lovely thing for them to say, I bet it really made your day even more so because they don't know you're doing slimming world!
I bet that you're really happy! :)

Yes - it really has. It has made me smile all day.

I also found a old excel weight loss chart in one of my work folders that I was keeping for myself last time I did slimming world and according to this I was 27 stone 6 when I started dieting 26stone 11 when I started slimming world and 25 stone 5 when I stopped going and then managed to lose 1 whole pound without group before packing in the towel at 25 stone 4 and this took me about seven months. So this time I am doing much better as I am lighter than when I quit last time I've lost more overall and in less time. I definitely mean it this time.

yes - I am really pleased meloncollie - it makes a big difference

Didn't mention this in my start post but I am taking part in a university weight loss study that means I have to weigh every day on scales they've provided. Annoyingly the stomach problems (and the resulting lack of superfree) plus synned bagels seem to be showing a gain. I was planning a flexi syn day today and I still am - I have a friend coming over tonight - we're having a marvel movie night in to celebrate (or cry over bless her) her return to work from maternity leave next week and you have to have a life. If I have a gain on Tuesday then I will get it off the next week.

I have proper wine for her and some Black Tower B low alcohol wine for me as well as diet pop and vodka and malibu. I am going to have a green day and do slimming world free red pepper hummus, some free salsa, some low syn garlic dip, with carrot sticks, celery sticks and cucumber, some b free wrap pizzas (HEB and HEA), salad, slimming world potato wedges, and I have some maltesers as well for film snacks that I will have a few of.

B - chocolate wheats and strawberry's (other HEB + 100ml milk which I will make up with cheese for my other HEA)
L - Melon (taking my chances here)
D - Pizza, salad, wedges,
Snacks, carrot sticks etc, pears

Flexi syn - low alcohol wine, maltesers +any spirits I have)

OOOOOOOOOOO this is where the good girls hang out huh !!! Wow a fab diary Snow, your doing soooooo well I have mooched around the house today like I'm a starving wreck even tho Asda came last night and cupboards and fridge are full, I have realised reading your diary it's only cos I haven't planned meals and because I always eat the same foods i AM ALSO ALWAYS AFRAID OF NOT EATING ENOUGH OR EATING TO MUCH SUPERFREE oops caps, have you all an opinion on that girls? I often eat up to 20 syns too I would rather have an extra 100 kcals a day than binge and pack it all in for the 176th time xxx Def here to subscribe if you'l have me lol x

Welcome Karen - I do that all the time. Stare at all the food like what do I want - I find planning helps but I often plan and then if I want something else slimming world I will swap as I am still on plan but just changing it up and then I don't feel like I don't have options.

With superfree - I have been trying to have a third of my food by super free but not always 1/3 every meal so if I have veg soup for lunch or fruit for breakfast then I think my tea is okay without it if it's on plan. Or if I have beans on toast for breakfast then I will try and have fruit for snacks. I have also realised this time round that the first time I did slimming world I was completely unaware that peas/sweetcorns/beans were not superfree so that is probably one of the reasons I am doing better this time. Whups :)

I definitely think the extra 100 calories is worth it if it keeps you on track - also one of the reasons i allow myself the extra syns is it will give me something to cut down on in future if I need to.

Back