Snow's healthy living ramblings

Well while yesterday was definitely flexi syns - I didn't get on to spirits. Just low alcohol wine and maltesers so that's something. Scales were exactly the same as yesterday today (but up on Tuesday) I don't see a loss happening in 2 days but maybe just a little gain if I am good. Today's plan is Red day.

Breakfast: Chocolate, wheats (HEB), skim milk (part of HEA), strawberries, Bacon (no fat) and tomato
Lunch: Wholemeal Pitta (HEB) Ham and salad and pease pudding (50g is 2 syns on a red day)
Dinner: pulled pork, salad, cream cheese (HEA)

Snacks - strawberries, melon, remainder of carrot sticks/celery sticks

Lunch ham and peases pudding pitta with carrot sticks and garlic dip

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Attachments

• 1409492006431.jpg
    1409492006431.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 75
Ooh, that sounds good! Do you make the pulled pork yourself? I've just dug out my slow cooker for baked potatoes and I'm wondering if I can make pulled pork in there...

yesterday I had the tesco's one that was free onlyto see on facebook today it's not free anymore. I've had it in the freezer for yonks though so if they've changed it surely mine was free. I have always wondered how that one was free to be honest because the one I did yesterday was the only one I've had that wasn't really fatty!

I do slow cooker pulled pork too - the tesco one was off before I tried my own which is nicer and so needed using up.

pork shoulder - quite big, all visitble fat removed
5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp mustard powder
3-400g passata
5 cloves of garlic, crushed - I use roast garlic as it's nicer.
1tsp easy chilli - for a bit of kick
3 tbsp sweetener/100ml diet coke
salt and pepper to taste
Put all the ingredients but the pork in a pan and simmer for 10-15 mins to thicken. You can also seal off the pork shoulder in a frying pan with frylight before you start - I do this on a weekend but not if I'm hoying everything in the slow cooker before work.
Slow cooker on low for 8 hours plus for work days. if I do it on a weekend then 1 hour on high then 4-5 hours on low.
Today I am doing extra easy - I had no breakfast - bad I know but the weigh in scales said I have put on again over night and now I am dreading a massive gain on Tuesday boo so I wasn't hungry.
Lunch : Wholemeal Pitta (HEB) Ham and salad and pease pudding and load of beetroot
Dinner - Steak, sw wedges and salad and beetroot is the plan
Snacks - pear and an apple.
Drank a litre of water this morning and planning to drink two more litres in hopes so of this weight is water retention of some kind.

Hiyas Def boo to the scales I have been drinking gallons today too hoping to shift this bloated feeling before weigh in tomorrow night, can I ask what peas pudding is please??

Your pulled pork smells amazing, and yea we found out over weekend that tescos one wasn't free but I havent a clue how it got made free in the first place for the sauce alone only once we had it here as it was really fatty..

Good luck tomorrow lovely nice early night also helps apparently lol xx

Peppermint tea ;) making myself a cuppa after eastenders.

Food sounds yum. I may have to try your pulled pork recipe. I normally stock mine in the oven over night and massively season lol

Yeah it was super fatty normally. I think whoever assessed it for the nutrional info must have got one like i had yesterday which was super dry. The slow cooker one is much nicer - was just being lazy yesterday.

I forgot Pease pudding is northern thing Karen - it's like a lentil/pea spread. it's made by boiling yellow split peas in ham stock til they are mush and it's then about about the texture of hummus. I never make my own though as it is about 30pence in the soup up here. Free on ee and green. I hated it as a child but tried it again recently and have been a bit obsessed with it lately. It is also really good to thicken up soups syn free.

Yes will be having peppermint tea after dinner and had some at work. I am having a glass of vive mango and passion fruit fizzy now (love the various vive things aldi does as they don't taste sugar free) and then back to water.

yesterday I had the tesco's one that was free onlyto see on facebook today it's not free anymore. I've had it in the freezer for yonks though so if they've changed it surely mine was free. I have always wondered how that one was free to be honest because the one I did yesterday was the only one I've had that wasn't really fatty!

I do slow cooker pulled pork too - the tesco one was off before I tried my own which is nicer and so needed using up.

pork shoulder - quite big, all visitble fat removed
5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp mustard powder
3-400g passata
5 cloves of garlic, crushed - I use roast garlic as it's nicer.
1tsp easy chilli - for a bit of kick
3 tbsp sweetener/100ml diet coke
salt and pepper to taste
Put all the ingredients but the pork in a pan and simmer for 10-15 mins to thicken. You can also seal off the pork shoulder in a frying pan with frylight before you start - I do this on a weekend but not if I'm hoying everything in the slow cooker before work.
Slow cooker on low for 8 hours plus for work days. if I do it on a weekend then 1 hour on high then 4-5 hours on low.
Today I am doing extra easy - I had no breakfast - bad I know but the weigh in scales said I have put on again over night and now I am dreading a massive gain on Tuesday boo so I wasn't hungry.
Lunch : Wholemeal Pitta (HEB) Ham and salad and pease pudding and load of beetroot
Dinner - Steak, sw wedges and salad and beetroot is the plan
Snacks - pear and an apple.
Drank a litre of water this morning and planning to drink two more litres in hopes so of this weight is water retention of some kind.

Thanks hon! Sounds amazing. I'm going to try it later this week.

Sent from my LT30p using MiniMins.com mobile app

Slight change of plans for dinner. Is freezing tonight so didn't fancy salad si steak, oxo roasties, brocolli and cheesey pepper sauce using HEA

Attachments

• 1409600424548.jpg
    1409600424548.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 46
Fingers crossed for your 3.5 today MelonCollie. My scales still show gain (and bizarrely for the last couple of days I am showing the same weight morning and night where there is normally a difference.) I didn't have any breakfast this morning again as didn't get up until late as off work but as I am expecting a gain after my flexi synned saturday I have decided to have a big lunch today and then I can just eat normally on Tuesday's in future (or at least until I am about a half pound off something and then it will be back to melon and soup in hopes of it making a difference)

I am having bacon (no fat) Linda M rosemary sausages, beans and sauted potatoes and a couple of syns of ketchup. After group I am going out for a meal for my 10 year wedding anniversary tomorrow (OH is at work tomorrow night) and that will be flexi synned no doubt. Then back on plan tomorrow.

Good luck today any enjoy your meal out and wow you don't look old enough to be having a 10 year anniversary unless you were a child bride lol xx

My lunch. It was delicious. V full now so no food til weigh in now.

Attachments

• 1409663430242.jpg
    1409663430242.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 45
Good luck today any enjoy your meal out and wow you don't look old enough to be having a 10 year anniversary unless you were a child bride lol xx

Haha thank you - I am 33. That photo is two years old mine it is a web cam special where I accidentally captured a pic with hardly any extra chins showing so I use it for everything.

You don't look 33! I'd have put you in your 20's, happy anniversary for tomorrow and good luck for WI. Enjoy your meal tonight :) xx

Happy anniversary lovely! You definitely look younger than 33! Food's looking great! Good luck with the weigh in. :)

Back