Snow's healthy living ramblings

good luck for today :) xx

good luck for today :) xx

Thanks - you too. Hoping I might shift last weeks gain but don't feel like I've done more. This is the beginning of no bread week though - I am focussing on getting below 24 stone instead of my next award as I don't think I've been under that in yonks - probably not since I was 24! :)

Half off - bit disappointed to be honest, I'd thought I'd been really good but maybe I didn't have enough superfree? Going to try and up that as well as cutting out bread.

Breakfast today - a banana and 5.5 syns(25g) worth of cashews and raisins. Wanted to try having nuts as a healthy b but you get hardly any and also I could only get a mixed bag of nuts and raisins so I am synning them instead - will have porridge in my break perhaps or two benefit bars.
Lunch - chicken and veg soup - home made syn free
Dinner - Lamb stew is in the slow cooker. This is 2 syns a portion for gravy powder and mint sauce in the mix. It has loads of veg in as does my lunch soup and so hopefully will help up my super free
Snacks
Necatines and red grapes.

Breakfast today - a banana and 5.5 syns(25g) worth of cashews and raisins. Wanted to try having nuts as a healthy b but you get hardly any and also I could only get a mixed bag of nuts and raisins so I am synning them instead - will have porridge in my break perhaps or two benefit bars.
Lunch - chicken and veg soup - home made syn free
Dinner - Lamb stew is in the slow cooker. This is 2 syns a portion for gravy powder and mint sauce in the mix. It has loads of veg in as does my lunch soup and so hopefully will help up my super free
Snacks
Necatines and red grapes.

Ooh that sounds good! Is that one of those slow cooker sachets? I keep meaning to try those.

Completely agree about the nuts. I've just stopped eating them as a healthy snack because the syns aren't really worth it!

Ooh that sounds good! Is that one of those slow cooker sachets? I keep meaning to try those.

Completely agree about the nuts. I've just stopped eating them as a healthy snack because the syns aren't really worth it!

No but I have tried the Maggi Beef and Ale one and would definitely get that again - 6 syns for the sachet and it made loads of nice gravy which was 3 syns each as had huge portions - I can't imagine we could have done much less ourselves once you added gravy powder and had to

The lamb one is my own concoction - I had 1 tbsp of gravy powder (3syns) and 1 TSB mint sauce plus some dried mint to 300g of diced lamb with all the fat cut off, 600g frozen mixed veg and 2-300g frozen onion (I fry this off) and 3 oxo cubes just throw it all in the slow cooker on low while I am at work 8-9 hours. On extra easy days i add a couple of tbsp smash to thicken at the end. So for 4 syns for the lot - it makes a lot so I often have some left but I count the syns as if I'm havin half.

Yeah I will finish this packet - healthy fats at least but probaly won't get them again. (1/8th of the packet I bought is 5 syns so it will cover me over the no bread trial)

Gosh my soup looks horrid in that photo - it did taste nice. :)

I had 2 benefit bars for my healthy b instead of porridge and and a kit kat (5.5 syns.)

I think I will have mature cheddar as my healthy a with ham and beetroot

Total today 13 syns - may buy some full fat crisps (7 syns) to take me to 20.
5.5 nuts and raisins
5.5 kit kat
2 lamb casserole

Gosh my soup looks horrid in that photo - it did taste nice. :)

I had 2 benefit bars for my healthy b instead of porridge and and a kit kat (5.5 syns.)

I think I will have mature cheddar as my healthy a with ham and beetroot

Total today 13 syns - may buy some full fat crisps (7 syns) to take me to 20.
5.5 nuts and raisins
5.5 kit kat
2 lamb casserole

I was thinking it looked quite nice! Is 5.5 syns for two finger kitkats?

I was thinking it looked quite nice! Is 5.5 syns for two finger kitkats?

It may be the computer screen at work, - it looks all grey.

Yes it's a two finger kitkat that is 5.5 syns - they are all about 105 cals, mine was an orange flavour one from the pile of goodies at work from someone's birthday. It was the best option and it was nice there was something I could have.

I decided against wasting 7 syns on full fat crisps because that is going back to bad habits and also maybe because the vending machine had no flavours I like ;)
. Have had another 5.5 syns of fruit and nuts - healthy fats blah blah.

Hiyas yay for your loss and foods looking fab as always, I am goin to have a bread free week with you this week I am quite tempted to have a success express week I have loads of melon and pineapple and yogs in so may do a nice fruit salad up for brek tomorrow... I tried the nuts for brek its measley amount init x

I like how everyone is on the bread free wagon :D hopefully it sees some results. What day do you weigh Karen?

I am just thinking that while I did not deliberately do it I have half arsed success express today. My snacks were not all super free but they the ones that were were syns or HX's not free food so that is allowed isn't it? The soup and the casserole are def 2/3rd superfree and I had a banana and synned nuts for breakfast. Still I am not sure and didn't plan it so won't have an extra a or b.

Yea you only need to watch your processed food syns really like sausages n pasta n sauce etc on s/e you have to syn those on opposite plans dont you so but nuts and fruits are just synned as normal x

Yea you only need to watch your processed food syns really like sausages n pasta n sauce etc on s/e you have to syn those on opposite plans dont you so but nuts and fruits are just synned as normal x

I have decided to not count it as S/E - I am struggling enough giving up bread with one healthy b let alone if I have two haha. Still a good day though.

Back