so close yet so far!

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by bobl15mps, 19 June 2010 Social URL.

1. bobl15mps

bobl15mps Member

I have started dieting and exercising since january, since then i've lost 55 pounds, and a drop of bmi from 31 to 23. I've always lost 1 to 2 pounds a week if not more, however for the past 2 weeks i've only lost 1 pound. I feel so frustrated.

I don't know if i've set an unrealistic target, but a bmi 22 seems to be doable for a guy who is 6 feet tall. The main reason i want to reach bmi of 22 is because that is what i used to be few years ago. I wonder maybe i've gained muscles? or maybe my bones have grown after 4 years? I am still doing the same thing as i've been doing the past 5 months, which is exercising 2 hours minimum for at least 5 times a week and eating proper food. I wonder if anyone else have faced similiar troubles. The dream just seem so close , yet so far away :(

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World
    Hi! Congratulations on your losses to so far - you're doing great and obviously very motivated. Now you are within the normal weight range for your height you're not going to see big losses week in week out, and 1lb a week is actually a great loss. You may have been building muscle but that's a good thing as muscle burns more calories than fat, not just when you are exercising but during normal daily activity. But my advice would be to mix things up a bit, different foods and menus, and changes to your training regime after all an athlete training for the olympics doesn't start a regime and carry on doing the same thing week in week out. I don't mean that in a patronising way, just that you need to keep challenging your body in new ways.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.