So Excited !!!

Well folks the wedding weekend is over. I was a bridesmaid and I have to say felt like a bit of a princess walking down the aisle. Everyone who hadn't seen me since I started this was in shock and even those who had couldn't believe how well I looked which was fantastic. I've looked at loads of photos so far and gone is the double chin and I can finally see e old Cathy coming back! The hotel were veery nice and again made my soup for me and served it under a silver platter like everyone elses main course (bit embarrassing)! I didn't cave at all although I did allow myself half a flute of champagne for the toasts and felt no guilt at all! The only cloud on the day was the fact that I was told a few of my very good friends were having a good little ***** about me down at one of the tables for doing such a crazy unhealthy diet just for the wedding and how they couldn't believe a doctor would do something so unhealthy. I Got upset with that because its just pure ignorance and if they bothered to come and talk to me aboutt it I would explain the diet correctly to them! I guess they will understand when the weight all comes off (I'm only half way) and i keep it off - then maybe they will get the point that this is a life change for me not a quick fix for a wedding! Sorry for the rant I just figured you guys would all understand !!

Rise above it med... You are doing a really hard diet, and succeeding!

Just ignore those who were back stabbing and know in your heart you look fantastic, and will continue to do so x x

Well done for not caving in x x x

Well done for your loss-fantastic, you are doing so well. Friends??? I would hope any of my so called good friends would do like you said and talk to YOU about the diet rather than gossipin amongst themselves about something they obviously dont know anything about, smacks of a little bit of the green eyed monster to me lol

Keep it up xx :clap:

Med I can't believe you were so good, a massive mahoosive well done to you girl! That is just amazing, you must be so strong. I know exactly how it feels with those friends, don't worry about it. They just don't get it, a lot of people don't, it's just because they don't know what's involved..and they are most probably jealous of you looking better..believe it or not a lot of us have friends that (even tho they might not realise themselves) prefer us to stay overweight. I have experienced this myself in the past week and it's an eye opener!

Don't let the stupid gossiping of those few take away from what you've achieved, you should be and deserve to be so proud of yourself..xxx

thanks guys really needed the little boost of confidence there!! Im gonna try to post up a pic of me in the bridesmaid dress coz i was really happy with how i looked!!

Attachments

• CIMG2075.jpg
    CIMG2075.jpg
    505 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
You look absolutely stunning!! x x x

Wow - you're a stunner!

Well done so far. I'm so impressed by your willpower at the wedding too- I just know i'd have caved!

Don't worry too much about your "friends". Some of their comments may have been genuine concern but born out of misunderstanding. Stick with it and you'll prove to them all that this is the right diet for you.

xx

You look gorgeous Med..what a lovely Christmas photo too, you should frame it!! x

hey guys
had a minor slip up last weekend when out with friends - could feel it coming and now its done im grand until christmas i reckon!! really happy with everything so far still 100% apart from those few pieces of cheese so off to america for 10 days cant wait to have my weigh in when i get back and get some seriously deadly shopping done!!

hey guys
had a minor slip up last weekend when out with friends - could feel it coming and now its done im grand until christmas i reckon!! really happy with everything so far still 100% apart from those few pieces of cheese so off to america for 10 days cant wait to have my weigh in when i get back and get some seriously deadly shopping done!!

Have a great time hun, and good luck for your weigh in when you get back x x

Enjoy your trip hun!! my dads off there today,, if his flight isnt cancelled!!..have a great time and well see you when youre back! x

hey guys

First time that I've seen your photo, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! No idea why, but I had imagined you to be much older!

Have the most fantastic holiday x

Hi guys thanks for all you support and well wishes I really appreciate them. Did a pre Boston midweek weigh in for myself and was another kg down so I'm finally in the ten stone range!! Looking good at the moment and feeling great went shopping here in Boston last night and got some dresses I would NEVER have worn before and have to say I think my boyfriend is gonna like them :p only another month to go I reckon and I should be nearly at my goal and after 9 weeks another four doesn't seem too bad at all ! Will check n again when I get home x

hey guys - im so thrilled!! down to 10.5 stone finally my BMI is <25 :) feeling great and bought skinny jeans in boston which fit me great!! I reckon i have only another 3-4 weeks left the end is nigh!! keep pushing everyone were all doing great :)

That's fantastic, well done, bet Boston was brilliant.......? I've never been there but would love to!

Hi Cathy,

thank you for posting your inspirational blog. This is my first post on this site but have been lurking for some time. Congratulations on what you achieved. I am starting lipotrim for the first time after Christmas so have been reading people's diaries to try and prepare me for what is ahead.
Like you I don't want to tell people initially what I am doing as know I will need all my positive energy to stay on track rather than try and defend what I am doing. Just wondering how easy you found this? In social events that revolve food do you make excuses or did you try and explain to people. I know I shouldn't care what people think as this is FOR ME- but I am quite a sensitive person and don't want to draw attention/ receive criticism from others.

Thanks

Hi fonzo thanks for the post and best of luck starting off! My advice would be that it is important some people know what you are embarking on so that you have some support as ths is not an easy diet and is not helped by people constantly offering you food and drink because they don't know what you're doing. I found that if I took the time to explain to people that this is not a starvation diet but a complete nutrition diet with simply less calories than normal. When people realized I was getting all my minerals vitamins etc they relaxed a lot and supported me particularly my friends in medicine! Also when they start seeing you looking and feeling great they will also relax whereas if you don't tell them they will start to wonder if you have developed an eating disorder! You just be strong and try to ignore those who tell you yo stop and it's dangerous etc Ive been on this twelve weeks and I've never felt better although i will admit this far in it is a real psychological struggle with my desire to eat getting stronger all the time! At social events where everyone knows I'm on the diet I simplytell the waiter that I'm only having water and its never been a problem. In other circles I simply say I'm not feeling huhungry or well and pass on food but I have to be honest that rarely happens as I've been very honest with everyone i know so there are no secrets. Yu will find that most people will support you and marvel at your will power and if they give you a hard time its a combination of ignorance and jealousy! I would advise staying hidden the first three days as you will feel absolutely horrendous coming off your carb high and caffeine high and you will hit a dizzy headachey grumpy rock bottom but hold tight as it will pass and you soon feel great and most importantly - not hungry ! If you need support log on here and you will always find it. Bst of luck and make sure you really really want this before you start as will power will get you 99 % of the way x

Thanks for your words of encouragement and advice. Hope life is treating you well. I am beginning lipotrim on Saturday so it's really good to read diaries like yours to try and get in the right mind-frame.
Cheers

Back