So here goes... Again!

I just flicked back over your menus the past few days to see whether there was anything awry, and there's nothing. Perhaps TOTM approaches? Water retention can do it so watch the ham (ensure it's the leanest of all, or avoid) and other packaged meats if you're susceptible to it. Also, you mention "spices". Some of the mixes have sugar in, so check those out.

Unless you're drinking huge Starbucks' skinny coffees, it'll work. Stick at it.

Thanks for that

TOTM was my excuse for last week so it's not that unfortunately. I was extra careful and made sure my spices were ok and my coffees were black...

I'm not getting too down about it though. It's easy to get obsessed with the numbers but actually this is a good weight for me. I'm feeling slim and happy and my cravings for all things chocolate are all but gone. Focus on the positives...

Oh I am pleased to read that... most people at the moment here are striving for such low goals whereas, with a more realistic one, it's all so much easier to stabilise.

Yeah I mean I chose my goal because I looked at my True Weight, thought it seemed very low then rounded it up to the nearest stone! But in reality, thinking about it now- if I'd have chosen a weight myself it probably would have been the weight I am now.

This is the lightest weight I've ever maintained. I'd a bit of a stroppy head on me this morning but then I remembered. I'm 10 stone 5. Hello! What am I complaining about!

I'm very curvy-and I wouldn't have it any other way. I think if I tone up what I have now I'm in a good place

Last edited:
Yes but you're seeing that, even now, at 5lbs from your target, that you're looking good! :D

OK. so I've thought about where I am and how I feel and I've decided to move on to Conso now. I'm at a good weight and it's a weight I managed to stablise before so I know I can do it.

I have to admit I'm very nervous though. I'm very much an all-or-nothing girl so I'm worried about allowing myself some more freedom.... But I'm going to take it slowly and continue with the good habits that I've built up during Cruise.

I also want to up my exercise. I've always managed my weight by exercise and the fact that I "haven't had the time" to keep it up over the last year is one of the main reasons I put back on the weight in the first place - so I figure if I get back into the gym I should be able to tone up and maintain the weight I have managed to lose with Dukan. I'm still very much in the Dukan mindset and I think that will help - this is not the end of the diet, I'm only half way through. I have 105 days of Conso and I still have rules so it's going to be fine

So new diet and exercise plan for this week - I'm feeling motivated and happy. Is feidir liom! :)

Don't worry, Teasey. I think you sound ready for Conso and I think you'll manage just fine. Is feidir liom indeed! :) (Sorry, I don't know how to conjugate that to "you" rather than "I"! Are you a Gaelic speaker?)

I remember what a big step it felt to me to move onto Conso - a giant leap into the unknown, convinced that I would put back on all of the weight I had lost. But I didn't. In fact, I kept losing weight!

You'll learn to enjoy the freedom. And yes, eventually some of the cravings can come back, but your journey through Attack and Cruise has helped to arm you with a new basis for eating more wisely. Remember what you have learnt so far and it will help you a lot.

Remember also that Anja and Laura have managed to get through it and reach Stabilisation. I'm well into phase 2 of Conso, too. If we've managed it, then it's possible. One of us is here most of the time to help out when we can, so don't feel as though you're floundering - because we're right alongside you.

Enjoy taking the leap - that cheese and bread ration tastes fantastic! ;-)

Oh cheese....

Yes, I think I'll be fine. The bread allowance will help when I'm onsite with work as sandwiches seem to be the only thing on offer most of the time! But I'll have to be careful with the cheese. That's one of my big vices (along with chocolate) so I'm going to keep it to a minimum for a few weeks

Funnily enough, what I enjoyed most about my first day of Conso was an apple!

Actually - just a thought

I'm saying I have 105 days of Conso as I've lost 20 pounds in total - but I've only actually lost 12 of those on Dukan, the rest I'd lost in January in my after-Xmas blitz! So really I'd maintained that half stone weightloss for a couple of months before I started on Dukan

So should I take all my weightloss into account or just the Dukan weight - or maybe pick somewher in between?? :confused:

I bet it felt like the most delicious apple you've ever tasted! ;-)

If it's any comfort, I used to eat far too much cheese and bread as I loved it so much - however, I find the Conso rations of 40g cheese and 40-50g of wholemeal bread to be both very satisfying and sufficient for me these days. It's as though I can now enjoy them without feeling the need to stuff my face as full of them as possible. Carb cravings, for potatoes and all those other goodies, no longer bother me either.

I do hope that you will find the same as it makes things easier, for sure. (I just wish that my chocolate cravings had been cured - but, alas, that didn't happen!)

As for your duration of Conso, if I were you, I'd calculate it using the whole amount of weight lost (both on Dukan and your other regime), just to be on the safe side. I'm not sure whether that's the correct answer, though!

The apple was pure heaven!

I had my two slices of bread today and I agree, more than enough. I wasn't mad about it at all. I actually prefer my normal Dukan lunch-ha!

I think I'd be happier with the longer Conso anyway-just to be sure. And the 105 days takes me nicely to the day before I go on holidays so it all works out perfectly

Hi Jess. Yes I'm happy with my decision-It's so nice to be able to have a piece of fruit a day again! I'm a little bloated but I'm sure it'll settle down once my body gets used to it

I think I'm going to be happier maintaining this weight. It feels like me if that makes sense!

Great to have a Conso buddy-it'll be good to compare notes on how we're getting on

Well day three of Conso and I've just been "forced" into my first gala meal. I'm working onsite at an event today and it's a 12 hour shift-6am to 6pm. Lovely. So needless to say I was starving at lunch.

Yesterday's lunch was fine-chicken sandwich with side salad and an apple. So I thought today would also be similar and didn't bring my own lunch. When will I ever learn!

Anyway not to worry. That can count as the gala for the week. I'm not pushed on having a take-away or anything like that so I'll survive on PV plus one serving of carbs for the rest of the week I'm sure

The good thing about being on Conso is that this is no longer a disaster. Food is fuel and I'm working so I need to eat-it's nice not to have to feel guilty

Keep posting! It might encourage those of us teetering on the edge to jump into that pool you're swimming your first strokes in!

Which bread did you choose? Two slices? Is that 40-50g?

In the chicken sandwich? It was that normal "nutty"wholegrain stuff. To be honest I only ate half of it if even so it was less than the allowance-I'm just not a bread person (unless it white and soft and toasted with loads of butter... la la la I'm not listening to myself) it's just handy on onsite days

I feel rotten after my "gala" too-like a balloon

The bread is supposed to be wholemeal... not nutty anything. Nuts aren't allowed yet!

Ah it wasn't actual nuts-I think that's just what my mother calls it! It was that wholemeal bread that tastes like sawdust... with dry chicken, some soggy lettuce and a half slice of tomato. Yum-not!

So Conso day 5 and I'm only getting round to posting my menu today-I'm a bit all over the place this week as you may have noticed!

B: Muller toffee
L: chicken breast (160g) with spinach, rocket and cherry tomatoes with some quark pretending to be mayo
D: chicken Kiev made with philly, garlic and chives for filling and oatbran coating served with grilled mushrooms, spring onion and celeriac chips and a yogurt dressing
S: apple

Drinks: 2 litres of water, 3 coffees with a splash of skimmed milk, can of diet coke and can of lilt zero (double whoops...)

Exercise: Body Combat class for 50 mins and a 50 min walk home

Now, the eagle eyed amongst you will see there is no bread or cheese allowance there. My honest excuse is that I forgot about them. I can't get used to being allowed them and it was only when I logged on here to write my menu that I remembered.

I know it's bad and it's important I have them-must do better...

Back