So here goes... Again!

That was wonderful to read, Teasey. I can relate to not thinking a diet will work bit - and now you're over halfway to your true weight! :)

I also had an Irish grandma so I know what it's like to be practically forcefed delicious homebaking and cooking. Good luck with the resistance!

Yes, this weekend will be interesting… but sure what’s the point of working so hard towards a goal only to throw it all away on a Sunday Roast. Mammy understands, we’re a heavy family and she knows how hard we all have to struggle. I’m sure I’ll be fine. Now Saturday night out with the girls might be different :eek: Joking, I’m joking…..….!!!

I definitely attribute part of my success to this forum. The Dedication and Perspiration comes from me but the Inspiration comes from here! When I first read the book I imagined I was going to be eating nothing but dry steaks and chicken legs! But the recipes and ideas on here are amazing and they got me back into the kitchen in a big way. In uni I used to be the resident cook who made dinner for everyone – you’d never have believed that over the last few years! But now I’m giving Nigella a run for her money (and my poor underappreciated other half a well earned rest!)

Evening all!

It's been a crazy busy week so I haven't been able to get on to post my menus at all. Have had to be extra strong though-TOM is upon me and I may actually go mad with these chocolate cravings! I'm also feeling a bit bloated so the motivation of feeling super slim has gone... but I will resist!

Had my visit home to Dublin at the weekend. It was super! I found a load of old jeans that haven't gone past my knees since my early twenties and they all fit! It was like going shopping for free. Result!

I just went to bed! I had a lovely 5am start today so I needed my beauty sleep anyway, I'll be on the go all day today so hopefully that should keep my mind off it

My only worry today is I've had to go to Edinburgh for a meeting at the last minute so I'll be in airports or on a plane most of the day. And worse still, lunch is being provided at the meeting... here's hoping it's not all sandwiches!

This week has been sent to try my resolve I swear! I'll be glad when I get to the weekend

End of another week - thankfully!!

This week was a real challenge. Crazy busy in work, two days spent travelling (Dublin on Monday and Edinburgh on Friday) plus TOTM really mixed things up for me. And then there was THAT lunch yesterday.....

Anyway, I'm a day late with the weigh-in but this morning I have stayed the same which I'm thrilled about. Yes, I haven't lost weight but after the week I've had I'm just so glad not to have gained weight I could dance around the house! (and I might just do that - bit of extra exercise..... ;))

So anyway, doing a meal plan for next week so I can get the shopping in and the other half sticks his nose in and announces that he's starting Attack on Monday (bit of background - he tried the diet with me when I started, lasted about 2 hours and jumped on the bread! However, he's seen the results I've had over the last few weeks and he's decided to actually give it a go)

This is going to work in my favor - both because I'll have a diet buddy but also because he's a fantabulous cook. I mean, I've been doing ok on my own and I'm rediscovering cooking skills that I forgot I had - but I forgot I had them because he's done all the cooking for the last 5 years!!! And he WILL get bored so he's going to be jumping through hoops to find new and exciting ways to Dukan - I'll definitely try post my menus this week ladies cos I'd say I'm in for a treat

(That's if he actually sticks to it mind you, I have my doubts.... I'll have to keep an eye on him!)

Thanks! It remains to be seen how he gets on-I'll be amazed if he gets through one day without bread. But he seems really motivated. And if I'm honest there's probably a bit of competitiveness in it too...!

Yeah it's going to be great. He's getting into it already and he's doing us a PV dinner this evening to practice. He's promising me chicken curry and chips!

Long may it last-if he makes it through attack I'll be really impressed with him

Monday– back to properly keeping a diary after the madness of last week.

I’m quite annoyed, weighed myself this morning even though it’s not a Weighday and I seem to have put on 2 pounds. Now I know I was happy to STS on Friday but the combination to TOTM and That Lunch have obviously caught up on me so I’m going to try to be “cleaner” this week. I’m going to do 4 PP to 3 PV (to align with OH’s 4 days of Attack) so hopefully that will sort it out. I’m feeling a little bloated so I may be retaining water – Boo to hormones!

B: Vanilla yogurt and a coffee with a splash of skimmed milk
L: 2 eggs scrambled with a little quark and copious amounts of smoked salmon
D: (will be) Chicken Breasts made into a curry with spices and yogurt and Dukan “naan bread” (apparently – OH is getting adventurous! I’m presuming this is just going to be exactly the same as my normal Dukan Bread but we’ll leave him off for now, it’s nice that he’s excited and wants to experiment…..!!!)

I’m ¾ of a litre of water in plus a can of Diet Coke (note to self, might want to cut down on the diet drinks this week too and stick to water, just in case)

Hubby has been bombarding me with questions since he decided to give this a go. I have already told him where the book is, and then strategically left it on his bedside table, but it seems that he doesn’t see the point of reading it if I “already know everything” – I’ve already had a text about how full he is after his breakfast, one about how he popped to the shops to buy Mullers and Diet Coke incase he feels hungry and now how nice his lunch was…. Bless :rolleyes:

Yet again I will have a meeting tomorrow where lunch will be provided but at least I’m more prepared. I’ll have a good big brekkie in the morning and I’m going to invest in a mini cool box thing so I can bring some “emergency rations” incase there’s nothing edible. Yes, I will look like a crazy lady again – but I will be a slim crazy lady! :flirt2:

Success! I managed to avoid the perils of a working lunch by bringing the oatbran muffins in my bag-moral of the story: don't go anywhere without them if there's the possibility of an unsuitable lunch

Today I had:

B: 2 egg omelette
L: oatbran muffins
S: muller light
D: chilli minced beef with yogurt

Exercise: my usual 2 hour dance class (which actually was quite strenuous today)

Hubby has alreay quit...

Bummer Teasey about hubby quitting! I was thinking about you and totally jealous this evening as I was cooking THREE, yes THREE different meals tonight (my daughter's Tuna Pasta Bake, my prawn soup with Shirataki noodles, and my hubby's same soup but with Linguini instead of Shirataki... he loves the soup and wants it whenever I make it.)

You know what Jess-I'm not really that bothered. To be honest I think I prefer doing it on my own! I've got my own little routine now and he was kinda messing me up! It's only the two of us, no kids. So I cook my dinner, he does his own and it's been working fine so far. He kinda stressed me out a bit yesterday!

Another good day today-no major incidents to report!

B: oatbran muffins
L: 2 eggs with smoked salmon and quark
S: Muller toffee
D: chilli mince with yogurt, some LF turkey slices and 3 chicken skewers (bit random but it did the job)

Drinks: coming up to 1.5 litres of water, 2 cans of diet coke (whoops) and 2 coffees

Exercise: Er... I suppose I did about 20 mins walk if you count to and from the Tube. Might go for a walk before it gets dark...

I agree with you Teasey, ref preferring doing it on my own. While my other half joins me most weekdays, at the weekend he prefers to do his own (carb) thing, so I slap away his sticky fingers if they come anywhere near MY food :D

And you're absolutely right ref always having something Dukan friendly in your bag! It's unfortunately not an easy diet to cater for last minute when we're taken unawares!

Hmmm just sitting down to write this and I realised I had chicken twice today. Hadn't even noticed...!

B: Muller toffee
L: chicken pieces with spices and quark dressing
S: packet of ham
D: chicken curry with Greek yogurt sauce
S: oatbran coffee cake in the oven

Hmmm. That seems like quite a lot!

Drinks: about 1 litre of water so far plus 2 coffees and a diet coke

Exercise: 30 mins walk

Yeah I was surprised how stressful it was having my OH doing Dukan with me. It really put me off!

I suppose it's just become second nature to me now-this is what I eat and this is the routine I have. So having to make something that both of us liked actually became more stressful than making 2 separate dinners!

I had a bit of a boost today though. We had a birthday in work so there was cake and chocolate and crisps and I honestly didn't want any of it. I looked over expecting to have to resist and I realised I wasn't bothered anyway. Honestly. That's serious progress! I'm amazed-I was someone who fought this diet every step of the way in the first few weeks and now I hardly have to think about it

Weighday today (where did that week go!) and I stayed view same again

I'm a bit disappointed. That's the second week in a row and while I'll admit I probably deserved it last week I was trying really hard this week and I thought I'd have a loss

Back