So here we go

Just quickly....another 3lbs gone woot :) Happy with that, especially as it was only a 6-day week between weigh-ins.

Have a great day all

Yay well done you! That is brilliant! Bet you will skip through your day now. LOL

Thanks :) and if I can do 3.5 this coming week then that'll be 2 stone off in 4 weeks! That's my spur for this week, no way am I falling off plan!

Well done - I'm really pleased 4 u - esp as u say - it's 6 day week! Go 4 it next wk!

Hello fat2go!

Wow you are an inspiration! I have found it very interesting reading all your posts. I am amazed at your loss so far. Keep up the good work, show those demons who's boss! :)

Hey...

Let's introduce you to one of my life's mysteries...How one can go from feeling on top of the world with all the positive intent in the world, to (almost) the complete opposite within a day. Don't ask me the answer because I don't have a clue but it continues to blimmin' well plague me - sheesh it does annoy the hell out of me.

When I wrote my message Monday I did feel so positive, so composed and so in control, by the time I got home from work I wanted the eat the contents of the fridge, the cupboard and the freezers too. I don't know what came over me all of a sudden, or why it did but it 'attacked' with no mercy. I dissolved a little and had a sandwich (30g cheese- hexA with a pile of salad) which I had to count as my HexB and then the two Hi-far bars I'd had in the morning (initially as my HexB) became 6 syns, which added to the other 11 I had had, it totalled 17 for the day.

Of course, one blows the syn count and all hell lets loose in the mind and '"because I've blown it, I may as well REALLY blow it" comes into play. It did but I didn't play ball...I just took myself off to bed for an early night. I had hoped that it was just a fleeting thing but all day today I've really been fighting, the urge to 'blow the plan' has been screaming at me from within my subconscious - damn you!!! I've had 12 syns today, and battled the real STRONG urge to stuff myself stupid....sigh.

Sitting here writing is helping, getting off my chest. I understand I've done well not to relent but it is so easy to see why it's simple to give in to those urges..but at the same time it upsets me as to why the want/need to do well just vanishes in a moment and it's as equally disturbing re how difficult it is to get all those good feelings back. I worry, I worry that this latest mini battle is something I am going to have to contend with on a constant basis or does it becomes easier as time goes by?

The urge to push the self destruct button is still very much with me I guess...considering I've spent most of my adult life doing just that, it's no surprise...one swallow doesn't make a summer and all that. But I will do my best to take heart from not giving in and hope I wake up tomorrow with the good feelings back.

Not sure why I feel so down and fat/bloated because I've had 29 syns in two days....Hmmm, I don't think it's the 29 syns as such but more that I don't feel as in control right now. Stupid mind of mine :sigh:

..........................................................Ah f**k it - the demon can go 'do one' -I'm not giving in just yet!!!

Last edited:
Every day is a new day, don't let the demon win :) it will be all worth it in the end! Keep going, you are doing amazingly well!

Right! Fat2go. Today I want you to remember why you are doing this. I want you to remember your promise to take care of yourself. You stumbled, but today you will be strong and steady because we are all supporting you.

Stand up tall, take a deep breath, KICK those demons back where they belong and draw a line under the last two days.

Start again right now! You CAN do it. You ARE worth it. Keep your eye on the prize. We will be by your side today and on the way to work you will hear us singing and propelling you along. Hi ho.... Hi ho.... It's off to work we go...!! LOL you will be humming it to yourself all day.

Later on I will write more about what you have been struggling with. I have some thoughts on that. But that can wait. I prescribe you a large dose of positivity and bounce this morning. Get to it, boy!

Hey...

Let's introduce you to one of my life's mysteries...How one can go from feeling on top of the world with all the positive intent in the world, to (almost) the complete opposite within a day. Don't ask me the answer because I don't have a clue but it continues to blimmin' well plague me - sheesh it does annoy the hell out of me.

When I wrote my message Monday I did feel so positive, so composed and so in control, by the time I got home from work I wanted the eat the contents of the fridge, the cupboard and the freezers too. I don't know what came over me all of a sudden, or why it did but it 'attacked' with no mercy. I dissolved a little and had a sandwich (30g cheese- hexA with a pile of salad) which I had to count as my HexB and then the two Hi-far bars I'd had in the morning (initially as my HexB) became 6 syns, which added to the other 11 I had had, it totalled 17 for the day.

Of course, one blows the syn count and all hell lets loose in the mind and '"because I've blown it, I may as well REALLY blow it" comes into play. It did but I didn't play ball...I just took myself off to bed for an early night. I had hoped that it was just a fleeting thing but all day today I've really been fighting, the urge to 'blow the plan' has been screaming at me from within my subconscious - damn you!!! I've had 12 syns today, and battled the real STRONG urge to stuff myself stupid....sigh.

Sitting here writing is helping, getting off my chest. I understand I've done well not to relent but it is so easy to see why it's simple to give in to those urges..but at the same time it upsets me as to why the want/need to do well just vanishes in a moment and it's as equally disturbing re how difficult it is to get all those good feelings back. I worry, I worry that this latest mini battle is something I am going to have to contend with on a constant basis or does it becomes easier as time goes by?

The urge to push the self destruct button is still very much with me I guess...considering I've spent most of my adult life doing just that, it's no surprise...one swallow doesn't make a summer and all that. But I will do my best to take heart from not giving in and hope I wake up tomorrow with the good feelings back.

Not sure why I feel so down and fat/bloated because I've had 29 syns in two days....Hmmm, I don't think it's the 29 syns as such but more that I don't feel as in control right now. Stupid mind of mine :sigh:

..........................................................Ah f**k it - the demon can go 'do one' -I'm not giving in just yet!!!

Hi - I think most of us here have experienced all of the above - but wdn't be able to express it so eloquently!

keep telling urself u did soo well to stop eating when u did - a massive improvement in such a short time eh? And what's 29 Syns in 2 days that's on plan after all.

As a yo yo dieter of over 30 years - for me at least - the demons come in waves - I never know when, how, or what to do with them - I also struggle to work out if it's my 'down' mood that sets it off or the fact that I've succumbed to a fat loaded 'treat' sets off the negative feelings - but for sure, they're closely linked.

I agree that posting here is magic - like u it's keeping me on track.

Try to put that experience behind u - u did well - so be proud and take care and keep posting - u know there's loads of support here for u!

Fat2go, you should be proud of yourself for not giving into those demons. They were there on your shoulder trying to send you to the fridge or the snack cupboard, but you beat them! We all know that feeling of wanting to eat everything.. It is hard to resist. I think the more weight that comes off, the more determined you become to keep it off and ignore those little demons! So stay strong and as LJ says remember all those good and positive reasons your doing this and that you have the support of your fellow minimins all the way :)

Had a wonderful text from a friend this morning - really set me up for the day. I realise I'm lucky to have people around who understand :D

Forgot to say on my thread earlier that I was slimmer of the month in group...Having lost 23lbs in 3 weeks :) so that's a nice little award.

Thanks to that text earlier, I have been back fully focussed today. The Spag Bol I made myself this morning (for dinner today and tomorrow) was just out of this world, got all the herbs, spices etc just right - I really should write down how much of what I put in lol. I did add some chopped toms to the passata which was a good thing. I've come home from work and have had a Hi-Fi Rocky Road and a couple of coconut muller yogs. 10 syns today and I don't feel like eating anything more today.

So, the demon's been beaten off again and I guess UpandDown is correct when she says it's just a battle that always going to be around - no matter.

I'm pleased to see so many people doing well on here this week, hoping every one is really proud of themselves!

Can now start looking forward to the weekend, seeing as it's Thursday tomorrow. Having seen LJs pics, I think they'll be a pile of chips on my plate at some point on Sat or Sunday! As I get through this first month, I'm going to start checking out all the wonderful recipes online, and from there I will build a portfolio of all my favourite things - be great if I get 50/100 dinners that I really like.

Be strong all...If I can beat back this 'demon' then anyone can!

Had a wonderful text from a friend this morning - really set me up for the day. I realise I'm lucky to have people around who understand :D

Forgot to say on my thread earlier that I was slimmer of the month in group...Having lost 23lbs in 3 weeks :) so that's a nice little award.

Thanks to that text earlier, I have been back fully focussed today. The Spag Bol I made myself this morning (for dinner today and tomorrow) was just out of this world, got all the herbs, spices etc just right - I really should write down how much of what I put in lol. I did add some chopped toms to the passata which was a good thing. I've come home from work and have had a Hi-Fi Rocky Road and a couple of coconut muller yogs. 10 syns today and I don't feel like eating anything more today.

So, the demon's been beaten off again and I guess UpandDown is correct when she says it's just a battle that always going to be around - no matter.

I'm pleased to see so many people doing well on here this week, hoping every one is really proud of themselves!

Can now start looking forward to the weekend, seeing as it's Thursday tomorrow. Having seen LJs pics, I think they'll be a pile of chips on my plate at some point on Sat or Sunday! As I get through this first month, I'm going to start checking out all the wonderful recipes online, and from there I will build a portfolio of all my favourite things - be great if I get 50/100 dinners that I really like.

Be strong all...If I can beat back this 'demon' then anyone can!

great to hear u'v beaten the demon!! my mouth is watering thinking of urs/lj's chips now!

23lb in 3 weeks! Yikes! And I was hapoy that I lost 21lb in 10 weeks! That is a huge amount to lose so fast. Are you noticing the changes in your body?

yes fat2go - that's amazing!!

So, took a chance this morning and tried on a shirt that's been too tight on me well before now but...fitted fine when I put it on and wore it for work :) woot! But also I have worn my [proper] shoes for the first time in ages too. What with so much extra weight, my feet are swollen quite badly and I couldn't really get my shoes on, let alone tie the shoelaces (this because my feet too swollen, not because I couldn't reach them lol)...but they fit fine now and there's no discomfort with wearing them all day.

Seem to have eaten loads these past few days but there's been a lot of free food and I haven't gone past 15 syns on any given day. I've decided on Cheeseburgers, chips and beans for dinner tomorrow and roast on Sunday. Usual 'Full English' for brunch :)

All's well with the demonic demon - no revisit since I saw it off last Tuesday and I'm hoping it stays that way all weekend. There's quite a lot for me to be doing this weekend and being busy always takes my mind off of food. I've no doubt the weekend will fly by and my WI day will be here before I know it....Wouldn't it soooo good if it's 3.5 off, making that 2 stone off in four weeks but 3.5 off is a big ask so I'm not going to be disappointed if it's less than that. Just one last thought on the demon visits, I guess it just shows that if one can remain really strong when it is around me, then one can get through it and not fall off the wagon?

Happy thoughts to all...keep losing!

Well done on the shirt and the shoes....a double whammy in one day :) you're doin great, got my fingers crossed for your next award xx

Back