So here we go

Your doing brill well done on the clothing situation. Ive found since ive lost weight my feet have shrunk hence now I find I have to buy a smaller shoe size, ive gone from an 8 to a 7. So now I have lots of shoes some not even worn may have to sell em lol

Good luck for your next WI im sure you will get that 3.5lbs off and get your next award :D

I'm so full today :)

Had the most amazing cheeseburger at lunch...Extra Lean Mince mixed with herbs and spices, grated onion, an egg and a little (powdered) Scan Bran. I slow fried it and filled the Wholemeal Roll with lettuce and Extra Light Mayo...30g of cheese melted on top of said burger. It completely filled me up...and now for dinner I just had a massive (Free) fry up and I'm all full again lol.

God knows how I'm expected to lose weight feeling this full up all the time :)

Sunday - strange day

There I was on Saturday night thinking I'm probably eating too much - not necessarily the wrong things (in SW eyes) but too much nether-the-less.

So fast forward to Sunday...I should say at this point that I didn't go to bed Saturday night, just didn't get tired so I didn't bother going..No big deal because I can easily handle one night without sleep...Anyway, I sat doing a few things and had already decided I wouldn't have breakfast, but brunch. Said brunch was going to be a couple of cheeseburgers (healthy one's).

As I was making them, I was thinking about the day before where I had had two burgers and couldn't finish the second one (about half of it left) because I was getting too full. As I put them on my plate I knew there was too much there and that I shouldn't even be attempting to eat them both....I sit and begin eating, enjoying every mouth full because they are so nice. Coming to the end of the first one, my hunger had already been satisfied...did I get up and throw the second one away? Nope, I say and stuffed it down my throat - all the time thinking I wasn't enjoying it, that I didn't need it BUT...and this is the key...it would be such a waste to throw it away! Hmmm, not great!

For dinner I had intended to make myself lovely stew with loads of veg...didn't happen.

During the afternoon I helped my son (he's 14) cook Beef Wellington. It was for a school project so we were taking pictures all the way through it. Once cooked, it came out of the oven looking fantastic. All that juicy beef wrapped in mushroom and Parma ham...oh and puff pastry. I nibbled on some, then some more and then had a rather large slice of it. Great! This is why I didn't fancy the dinner I was supposed to have.

Later on into early evening I felt just a little peckish....Omelette was the answer I thought...four eggs, loads of slices of ham. As I was cooking it I was questioning if I really wanted it. One bite into it I knew I didn't want it, I wasn't actually hungry so (and excuse me cutting and pasting here)...did I get up and throw it away? Nope, and stuffed it down my throat - all the time thinking I wasn't enjoying it, that I didn't need it BUT...and this [again] is the key...it would be such a waste to throw it away!

I spent the rest of the evening feeling very full, very bloated and very pi**ed off.

Thinking about it today really does raise some questions, more about my deep rooted habits about food that anything else. Ok, I didn't exactly raid the cupboards of everything sweet and I didn't go way over the top with the amount of syns but I do feel like I lost control somewhat. Why do I eat when I'm just not hungry, why do I allow myself to eat so much (SW food I know) and why do I feel like I don't want to do all this any more?

I think, to succeed, I have to take this to the next level. I've had almost a month in the honeymoon period where I'm all positive, all motivated and where I'm enjoying eating the types of food that I am but the honeymoon needs to be over. For this to work for me, I need to start to reduce the amount of food I do eat. Why? It's because, and this may sound strange to some, when I feel stuffed and full up - even with all SW food - it makes me feel as though I am failing or I have fallen off the wagon some how and that, in turn, leads me to think "Ah sod it, I have ruined today so I may as well ruin it properly. What crappy food is in the cupboard, I want some." It's absolute madness and makes no sense at all.

I really don't believe I'll lose this week and if I do it will be a minimal amount - I've just eaten too much and I don't feel energetic at the moment and I don't feel like I'm doing well and I don't feel 20 odd pounds lighter and I don't think very highly of myself either.

The second part of my son's project was to make a pudding type thing at school today. He has come home the biggest (white chocolate) cheesecake I think I've ever seen. It looks wonderful and I really proud of him for all the effort. When my partner walked past me in the kitchen with a HUGE slice and said "right, I'm off to enjoy this", I wasn't exactly enamoured...I did actually think she was being a little thoughtless (she can eat whatever she wants without putting weight on)...And what did I want to do? Yep, that's right.. just wanted to say, 'Sod SW today, I'm having a huge slice too.' I didn't but I'm sat here battling with myself not to go and cut some for myself.

I'm sorry for rambling here but just getting off my chest....Listen, I know none of this is easy, for any of us and I know we are all battling with our own demons, I'm no different from most. It's just,,,hmmm...is the answer to just battle as hard as you can when you're face with it? It really does make it a lifelong challenge which is going to be difficult to beat but I have to believe it is a war I can win. I wish I didn't feel the need to beat myself up (metaphorically speaking) when I'm having a sh*t time of things or when I have a minor slip.

Right, think I've said enough. I will embrace the very special and touching support I get from those equally special people and I will continue the fight. I will go and get weighed tomorrow without setting my expectations too high. Any loss would be fine for me. I'll keep telling myself about this being a war, and not just a battle.

Now that we have heard more about your family situation I admire you even more for your weight loss achievements so far. The perseverance and will power to follow this plan on your own in a house where others are eating different meals is phenomenal. You should be extremely proud of yourself! I don't know the answers any more than you do but what I do know is that the little community we have here is key to success.

Please ignore these next questions if it is too personal. Do your family support your decision to lose weight! Do they share SW meals with you? I sincerely hope the answer is yes.

Just keep remembering that you are doing this for you. You are taking care of your body at last and you deserve to feel good and be healthy and fit. Your family will benefit in the long run but mostly do it for you. We, here, understand your struggles and we want you to succeed. So well done on resisting temptations and not going overboard. We have to learn to keep picking ourselves up. Yes we will stumble but yes we WILL pick ourselves up and get back on plan. And we WILL look back on the struggle and know that it was worth it.

Further to what I just said, I think it's really good for us to try and put into words the thoughts that run through our heads when things go awry and try and work out what's going on. We all have different issues around food but also some basic similarities. I understand completely about not wasting food by throwing it away. It likely stems from our childhood. I think childhood things can be overcome but it will take a lot of effort and working through.

I also identify with your comments that if you feel too full you don't feel like you are doing it right, you don't feel like you can be losing weight. I tend to feel a bit virtuous if I have an empty feeling in my stomach but as I posted on my thread I panic if I don't have access to food.

We all have much more to talk about before this journey we are on gets easier. Let's keep talking though. Let's not give up trying to work out these issues and make our lives easier.

doing very well keep it up, im gonna go to my first sw session thisweek and get registered n start the journey of sw wiv lots of exiting new recipes and lots of wonderful people on here

doing very well keep it up, im gonna go to my first sw session thisweek and get registered n start the journey of sw wiv lots of exiting new recipes and lots of wonderful people on here

Hi - well done you for going to ur 1st SW session - I'm sure you'll find it a good experience - I've had loads of restarts LOL!

They're very forgiving and it's a great way to lose weight - and if you couple it with posting here - you'll get loads of support - good luck with your weight loss.

Sunday - strange day

There I was on Saturday night thinking I'm probably eating too much - not necessarily the wrong things (in SW eyes) but too much nether-the-less.

So fast forward to Sunday...I should say at this point that I didn't go to bed Saturday night, just didn't get tired so I didn't bother going..No big deal because I can easily handle one night without sleep...Anyway, I sat doing a few things and had already decided I wouldn't have breakfast, but brunch. Said brunch was going to be a couple of cheeseburgers (healthy one's).

As I was making them, I was thinking about the day before where I had had two burgers and couldn't finish the second one (about half of it left) because I was getting too full. As I put them on my plate I knew there was too much there and that I shouldn't even be attempting to eat them both....I sit and begin eating, enjoying every mouth full because they are so nice. Coming to the end of the first one, my hunger had already been satisfied...did I get up and throw the second one away? Nope, I say and stuffed it down my throat - all the time thinking I wasn't enjoying it, that I didn't need it BUT...and this is the key...it would be such a waste to throw it away! Hmmm, not great!

For dinner I had intended to make myself lovely stew with loads of veg...didn't happen.

During the afternoon I helped my son (he's 14) cook Beef Wellington. It was for a school project so we were taking pictures all the way through it. Once cooked, it came out of the oven looking fantastic. All that juicy beef wrapped in mushroom and Parma ham...oh and puff pastry. I nibbled on some, then some more and then had a rather large slice of it. Great! This is why I didn't fancy the dinner I was supposed to have.

Later on into early evening I felt just a little peckish....Omelette was the answer I thought...four eggs, loads of slices of ham. As I was cooking it I was questioning if I really wanted it. One bite into it I knew I didn't want it, I wasn't actually hungry so (and excuse me cutting and pasting here)...did I get up and throw it away? Nope, and stuffed it down my throat - all the time thinking I wasn't enjoying it, that I didn't need it BUT...and this [again] is the key...it would be such a waste to throw it away!

I spent the rest of the evening feeling very full, very bloated and very pi**ed off.

Thinking about it today really does raise some questions, more about my deep rooted habits about food that anything else. Ok, I didn't exactly raid the cupboards of everything sweet and I didn't go way over the top with the amount of syns but I do feel like I lost control somewhat. Why do I eat when I'm just not hungry, why do I allow myself to eat so much (SW food I know) and why do I feel like I don't want to do all this any more?

I think, to succeed, I have to take this to the next level. I've had almost a month in the honeymoon period where I'm all positive, all motivated and where I'm enjoying eating the types of food that I am but the honeymoon needs to be over. For this to work for me, I need to start to reduce the amount of food I do eat. Why? It's because, and this may sound strange to some, when I feel stuffed and full up - even with all SW food - it makes me feel as though I am failing or I have fallen off the wagon some how and that, in turn, leads me to think "Ah sod it, I have ruined today so I may as well ruin it properly. What crappy food is in the cupboard, I want some." It's absolute madness and makes no sense at all.

I really don't believe I'll lose this week and if I do it will be a minimal amount - I've just eaten too much and I don't feel energetic at the moment and I don't feel like I'm doing well and I don't feel 20 odd pounds lighter and I don't think very highly of myself either.

The second part of my son's project was to make a pudding type thing at school today. He has come home the biggest (white chocolate) cheesecake I think I've ever seen. It looks wonderful and I really proud of him for all the effort. When my partner walked past me in the kitchen with a HUGE slice and said "right, I'm off to enjoy this", I wasn't exactly enamoured...I did actually think she was being a little thoughtless (she can eat whatever she wants without putting weight on)...And what did I want to do? Yep, that's right.. just wanted to say, 'Sod SW today, I'm having a huge slice too.' I didn't but I'm sat here battling with myself not to go and cut some for myself.

I'm sorry for rambling here but just getting off my chest....Listen, I know none of this is easy, for any of us and I know we are all battling with our own demons, I'm no different from most. It's just,,,hmmm...is the answer to just battle as hard as you can when you're face with it? It really does make it a lifelong challenge which is going to be difficult to beat but I have to believe it is a war I can win. I wish I didn't feel the need to beat myself up (metaphorically speaking) when I'm having a sh*t time of things or when I have a minor slip.

Right, think I've said enough. I will embrace the very special and touching support I get from those equally special people and I will continue the fight. I will go and get weighed tomorrow without setting my expectations too high. Any loss would be fine for me. I'll keep telling myself about this being a war, and not just a battle.

Another thought provoking post fat2go - I'll need to think about all you've said b4 commenting properly but ur certainly raising lots of issues which I - and I bet many others here struggle with.

I think you're at least a step ahead of me - in that I fluctuate from being virtuous and strictly on plan to completely falling off the wagon and feeling really bad about that - whilst u and others here seem to be more in control - so you deserve to be proud about that.

I understand what you mean when you say you need to eat less even though you're within SW boundaries - I think there's 2 ways of looking at that:

1. I think it's better to eat more than we strictly need but stick to SW 'rules' on the days when we're struggling - cos the alternative - for me at least - is that I'll go bonkers at eat everything in sight thereby likely to eat my syn allowance for the week at one sitting!!

2. If you feel uncomfortable at eating all you can within SW allowances - and it's clearly bothering you - perhaps you shd be tackling that now - perhaps it's time to remind ourselves that SW states that we shd eat enough to satisfy our appetite (not our eyes!) but sometimes I for one forget that!!

Hope you don't mind me saying - that you sound as if you're being very hard on yourself particularly as you've done so well weight wise and with your new attitude to your health.

You'll find out soon whether ur portions are too big - when you step on those scales - and even if you're not 100% happy with what they say this week - remember how far you've come and then start to adjust things. Take care and keep those posts coming!

Sunday - strange day

Well fat2go another very interesting post. I think you say what we are also thinking!

I to Struggle with the portions. If it's on my plate I will eat it, and if I don't finish it I feel like it's a waste! I suppose for us it's better to just chuck it away than eat it to get rid of it. You shouldn't best yourself up about these things, it's still early days and it takes some getting used to. We have to re train our brains to think the SW way.

Stick with it, you've done so well so year and I'm sure the scales will show good things this week. You must by strong to resist that cheesecake!! :)

Thanks for all the replies :)

@ LJ - I suppose the answer is 'sort of' I guess people who eat what they want, when they want, without putting on weight...well, they'll never understand. I would just like them to, at least, appreciate the struggle and I certainly don't need them to parade the fact they are about to tuck into white chocolate cheesecake when I'm feeling vulnerable.

And no, they do not share SW meals :( But let's you and I promise to never stop talking with all this.

@ Margaret76 - welcome to Mini Mimms and the best of luck on your own journey, make sure you keep us posted.

@ Upndown - Thanks again for your continued support, it is greatly appreciated. You make some very good points in your post and have given more to mull over.

@ CJ32 - Your mum has many wonderful qualities and it's very nice to see these have rubbed off on you. Thank you for the encouragement

@Rae Rae - Thank you for the good wishes :) I'm not really looking forward to weigh in but I must face the scales.

...The cheesecake remains in the fridge, untouched by me.

This is the cheesecake

003.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies :)

@ LJ - I suppose the answer is 'sort of' I guess people who eat what they want, when they want, without putting on weight...well, they'll never understand. I would just like them to, at least, appreciate the struggle and I certainly don't need them to parade the fact they are about to tuck into white chocolate cheesecake when I'm feeling vulnerable.

And no, they do not share SW meals :( But let's you and I promise to never stop talking with all this.

@ Margaret76 - welcome to Mini Mimms and the best of luck on your own journey, make sure you keep us posted.

@ Upndown - Thanks again for your continued support, it is greatly appreciated. You make some very good points in your post and have given more to mull over.

@ CJ32 - Your mum has many wonderful qualities and it's very nice to see these have rubbed off on you. Thank you for the encouragement

@Rae Rae - Thank you for the good wishes :) I'm not really looking forward to weigh in but I must face the scales.

...The cheesecake remains in the fridge, untouched by me.

Give urself a massive pat on the back for steering clear of the cheesecake - I can feel it calling to me from here.........

OMG that cheesecake does look amazing! Very well done for resisting! If your son hadn't made it... I'd say accidentally drop it on the floor lol :)

Good Evening F2go hows your day been? Well done resisting the cheesecake thats a massive achievement and another rung on the ladder to reach the new you!!

Back