so how are you all going to keep to plan over the holidays?

Jennjennx

Silver Member
this is something I'm actually quite worried about, and would love to know how you all plan to stick to the plan with Xmas and new year just around the corner. As its inevitable that there are going to be loads of distructive treats/beverages laying about :/ so any tips/ideas welcome xox

I'm not entirely sure! All i know is that i won't be buying any xmas goodies like mince pies, chocolates and baileys until the last shop before christmas. That way i know other people will be around to share them so I won't pig out and have the whole lot! I think you have to try and do damage limitation and keep to the plan 100% on the days when you can and get back on track the day after a day or night of overindulgence - and try and get a few good walks in here and there!

I'm worried about this too, it's so easy to be tempted off course!! Like Sharon, I'm planning to be good the days I can and careful the days I go off diet, I really need to make sure I get back on track straightaway after though and not get carried away with the feeling of being able to eat whatever I want!

i don't tend to get carried away with what food we have in the house but we have a big family and visit a lot of people from Christmas eve until Boxing Day and not being able to resist when im offered something is the tough bit for me. It's also my youngest daughters 4th birthday on the 29th so we are having two family parties to celebrate that!

just do your best x

Just say no and explain to people that I just can't eat x y or z. Eat at meal times and nothing else. And no alcohol. I will spend time with my family and aim to enjoy that time rather than slouched on the sofa feeling uncomfortably full.

I'm in panto over Christmas so will be out a lot (the dancing will help the weight loss!). Main issue is going to be sweets and nibbles in the dressing rooms but I will just tell myself 'that's not my food'.

I'm just gunna have a week or so off! I eat smaller portions now anyway and won't just pig out for the sake of it. If I'm having a treat I'll make sure it's something I really enjoy. In the grand scheme of things 2 weeks of eating what I fancy (within reason) isn't going to make a difference in my weight loss! I'll just aim to sts over Christmas! x

Me and my mum did the old plan a few years ago and both lost 2lbs the first week after xmas - embarassingly the only people in group!

Im planning to do what I did then - xmas day and boxing day off - limited New Year :)

I watch what I eat all year long so I can indulge at certain times of the year. This includes Xmas and new year; it's one of the only times in the year my partner and I get time off together so I like to eat drink, be merry and deal with it after ;) xxx

im having a week off from 25th to the first. back on track on the 2nd jan. i know we're all dieting for reasons but you only live once, enjoy the festive seasons - "one life, live it"

xx

i agree, i no i am dieting for my wedding in August but christmas is only once a year and i am going to enjoy it!
i couldnt not drink at christmas it some how seems rude lol! i no my days i will b naughty will b xmas eve xmas day boxin day NY eve and NY day! 2nd january i will b back on it 100percent!
i imagine most ppl will gain over christmas its the one time eating all the goodies and drinkin is aloud! i no aload of ppl doin WW have already gone off plan as december is a hard month with xmas do's ect.. (me being one of them coz of my sons bday) but from nxt week i intend to lose until christmas then back on it after xmas

HAVE A GOOD ONE EVERYBODY :xmastree:

Thing is, I know that if I don't stick to my programme I WON'T enjoy Christmas. I have always hated feeling so full I can't move. I've always hated being surrounded by food. Always hated those mental battles I have. So for me this year is different.

But then I know that I have additional issues that most of you probably don't :(

Back