So many "you will put it all back on" comments...

Sarahdramateacher

Has anyone actually had success with maintaining (specifically after Cambridge?)

I'm so ridiculously scared about piling all the weight I have lost back on - 6 stone - and I keep on reading forums trying to find at least one successful maintainer!! :-(

Anyone got any experience of going up the steps on Cambridge and their weight loss/maintaining?

Currently this is how my losses have panned out...

Cambridge SS - 15 weeks - lost 61lbs
Cambridge 810 - 8 weeks - lost 7lbs
Cambridge 1000 - 5 weeks - lost 9lbs
Cambridge 1200 - 3 weeks - lost 5lbs

I am now on Cambridge 1500 and am yet to weigh in (Monday).

Is the time spent on each step long enough for me to maintain? Has anyone else got their times spent on each step and their losses?

Most importantly - has anyone been successful at maintaining? I'm so scared of gaining weight!!! :-( I calorie count everything down to the last gram...

Last edited:
I cannot give you any specifics about the life after Cambridge, but a good friend of mine lost great amounts with LL and now maintains with SW. Works great for her and she has been able to keep it all off for more than three years now.
I personally had a break of more than two years from SW and certainly did not put it all back on, it must be about half my loss I put back on. That's not too bad, considering that I really kicked the "youknowwhat" out of eating and drinking and being lazy during my "break time".

To be honest, permanent calorie counting would not help me maintain (personally), maybe you should consider adopting an approach like WW or SW adding maybe some more extras into your daily intake.

Your weight loss has been absolutely amazing, what an achievement! You have been so focussed on losing your weight, I am convinced you'll find the right way for yourself to keep it off.

Best wishes xx

Thanks for getting back to me!!

I'm so anxious of putting the weight back on its really crazy... I want this to be a forever change not just a blip.

My CC is still going to see me, despite me not buying from her to ensure I keep it off but it's such a scary thing. I know how easy it is for the lbs to creep back on and I'm so scared of that.

I'm also worried I haven't spent long enough on each stage!! It would be interesting to see someone else's results and their time spent on each step of maintenance.

It's s annoying knowing that I'm eating so differently and for anyone else this would be a diet... Yet now it's actually my life... I must not gain! X

It can be done. I maintained after Cambridge from 2008 to the beginning of this year, within 7lbs of goal. The only reason I gained this year was due to stupid working hours, mostly desk bound, where you ate whatever you got your hands on in the hotel kitchen before dashing back to work. All the gyms were shut by the time I got home, and to be honest my family would kill me if I started exercising at 11pm!

Ive realised this as I've put on 1st and a few pounds, and am doing something about it. I'd love to use Cambridge shakes again as the premixed are so easy, but I don't have time to get to a person (used to be councillor but I believe they changed the term) as I don't know where I'll be each week now.

Anyway, in the interim, I maintained by exercising and using the principles I learned, such as a boiled egg would keep me full for breakfast but a cereal bar wouldn't. Everyone expected it to go back on immediately and it didn't!

Back