So my journey begins ....

Julie 316

Hi all,

I am getting married next June and while my fiance adores me as I am, I would love to be slimmer for the big day. Last Sunday I started the Dukan Diet, today I joined this site as I may need some support!!

Story so far ...

Day 1 -1.8lbs
Day 2 -2.2lbs
Day 3 -3lbs
Day 4 -1.2lbs
Day 5 +0.4lbs

Not sure where the gain came from this morning but will remain positive.

Well done I started last week as well and I'm on Day 8 today had two small gains the last two days as well maybe it's just normal :s here's hoping :)

Thanks!
Good luck on your journey :)

Hi!
Good job so far! I have just started also. How long will your attack phase be?

P.S.- Congratulations on being engaged! It's a fantastic time! I've been married for three years and I can very easily remember how wonderful that time was - but, it was also very stressful. Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks!!!

Attack plan for ten days .... roll on wednesday - looking forward to some veggies!!!

Got called into work yesterday, knew it was going to be a long day so I packed a lunchbox full of chicken, ham, fat free yoghurt and some oatbran pancakes. Glad I did as I ended up finishing work at 11.30 pm. We were put up in a hotel where we were working so we could get back this morning. The guys wanted a macdonalds so we ended up there. I was AMAZED that I wasn't even tempted. Stuck to my chicken and enjoyed a nice cold diet coke.
This morning the breakfast spread was HUGE!!! I stuck to ham and scrambled eggs (I am sure the eggs contained milk that wasn't skimmed but I will allow myself that "treat")

Back on the scales tomorrow morning for my last day on attack!

Hi Julie and welcome . Ham could make you retain water due to the salt content. 10 days attack is a long time, have you put your stats into the Dukan website for your tw and attack period??? good luck xxx

Hiya,

Thanks for the welcome and I will take into consideration your point about ham as I've been munching a fair bit on it!!

I did use the Dukan calculator before I started and it recommended that my TW was 11st 1lb - I have set my goal as 12st as I feel happiest around that weight (I may end up changing this when I reach it)

It said to stay on Attack for 7 days. My trouble has always been willpower - and a love for white wine - which is why I have chosen ten days. If I can stick to this to ten days it will help me realise I do have willpower.
So far this seems to be working. I'm not constipated, I don't feel tired so it seems to be working for me.

This morning I have lost another 0.4lbs so that is a total of 9lbs, very happy with progress so far :)

Today I start the Cruise Phase and I have never looked forward to broccoli quite so much!

Total Loss on Attack = 9.2lbs

Today was my first PV day. I'm not sure I've ever been happier!!

Breakfast - Boiled eggs and ham
Snack - Natural yogurt with goji berries
Lunch - Summer seafood surprise (from the Dukan book) with oatbran pancakes
Dinner - Chicken with grilled tomatoes and asparagus

It was lovely to have vegetables again :)

It make you appreciate your veg xxx

I know!!!
The broccoli in lunch was perfection! The Summer seafood surprise will be appearing on my menu pretty often!

Hello there and welcome,

Can you elaborate re this summer seafood surprise please? (I'm sure it's not in my book!)
x

Thanks!

Seafood Surprise:

3 tbsps grated seafood sticks
1/2 cooked broccoli head
Juice of 1 lime (I left this out as I dont like lime)
50g fat free fromage frais
2 tbsps creme fraiche (3% fat)
1 tsp chopped dill
3 slices of smoked salmon
black pepper

The ingredients are to serve 6 as a starter, I halved the ingredients and it was a good sixe lunch portion.

Put the grated seafood seafood in the glass/serving dish.
Puree the cooked broccoli, sprinkle lime over it. Spread puree over the seafood sticks.
Blend the fromage frais with the creme fraiche, add the dill and black pepper. Spread over the broccoli.
Chop the salmon and sprinkle over the top.

I made this the night before I needed it and it set lovely. Felt like a very luxurious lunch!!

I was concerned that I would struggle with a PP day today after enjoying vegetables SO much yesterday! But actually, today has been fine.

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs with smoked Salmon
Snack - natural yogurt
Lunch - Oatbran galette with sage added, filled with fromage frais and chicken (this was AMAZING)
Dinner - Got some haddock in the oven

Quick question for those in cruise .... do you weigh yourself daily or weekly?

Hi

Ive just started cruise and did my first pv day.
I did this diet earlier in the year and i find it vv dificult to lose weight and i actually got down to 67 kg so it defo works !!

I weighed myself daily in cruise before and sometimes the weight went up or stayed the same and that really demotivated me...so this time il weigh in weekly officially and will peak at the scales as and when becuase i really have no self control...!!

Congrats on ur weight loss keep it up look forward to more of your reciepes ...im gona try the gallete wrap...my galletes are quite floppy so woner how itl work

Thanks Julie for typing that up... I must have forgotten that one! x

Breakfast - Haddock and grilled tomatoes
Lunch - Dukan scotch egg with salad
Dinner - grilled chicken, grilled toms and asparagus with curried fromage frais

Attck Loss -9.2lbs
Day 11 -1lb
Day 12 -0.6lb
Day 13 -1.4lbs

Total so far -11.2lbs

Hi julie are u using a reciepe book ur menus sound delish

Back