so so much is riding on me losing 30lbs by begining aug .. fingers crossed !!!

lebody

to cut a long story story short i have had the most horrendous 8 mths, finding out my husband had an affair, having our home repossessed as he hadn't paid the mortgage, having to move away from all i know, forced to leave college and the job i loved, struggling as a single parent with little boy embracing the terrible 2's and 13 year old daughter - say no more!! and now possible health issues and for some reason just not able to lose any weight despite trying slimming world, then calorie counting, eating healthily and excercising.. ive lost 4 in 6 weeks and im pretty sure most of that was water as i was on my period when joined slimming world :(

the one light at the end of the tunnel is a date in 3 mths with my first love from school - we got chatting on facebook (my new friend on lonely evenings) and have so much in common, he has been through a terrible time also and although neither of us was looking for anything we have both admitted we have strong feelings for each other - we have swapped photos and he has said im still beautiful (swoon) but hasn't seen me from the neck down, i know any man worth his salt wouldn't be bothered by a womans weight .. but i am and i just know i would feel 100% more attractive, more confident, more able to embark on another relationship if i could lose 30 odd lbs taking me from 15st 11 to 13.7 so here i am hoping with all my heart that slim and save will in some way help me to find love again, because if i cant lose the weight i think i will have to let it go, no way can i meet him looking and feeling the way i do :(

so fingers crossed for a happy ending !!!

to cut a long story story short i have had the most horrendous 8 mths, finding out my husband had an affair, having our home repossessed as he hadn't paid the mortgage, having to move away from all i know, forced to leave college and the job i loved, struggling as a single parent with little boy embracing the terrible 2's and 13 year old daughter - say no more!! and now possible health issues and for some reason just not able to lose any weight despite trying slimming world, then calorie counting, eating healthily and excercising.. ive lost 4 in 6 weeks and im pretty sure most of that was water as i was on my period when joined slimming world :(

the one light at the end of the tunnel is a date in 3 mths with my first love from school - we got chatting on facebook (my new friend on lonely evenings) and have so much in common, he has been through a terrible time also and although neither of us was looking for anything we have both admitted we have strong feelings for each other - we have swapped photos and he has said im still beautiful (swoon) but hasn't seen me from the neck down, i know any man worth his salt wouldn't be bothered by a womans weight .. but i am and i just know i would feel 100% more attractive, more confident, more able to embark on another relationship if i could lose 30 odd lbs taking me from 15st 11 to 13.7 so here i am hoping with all my heart that slim and save will in some way help me to find love again, because if i cant lose the weight i think i will have to let it go, no way can i meet him looking and feeling the way i do :(

so fingers crossed for a happy ending !!!

Aww no Hun :( you really have had a terrible time of it *huge hugs*
Choosing slim and save was the best thing I ever did, and it is very possible for you to lose the weight you want by August if you stick with it :)
And your very right any good man doesn't give a damn about a woman's weight, it's more us that freak out about how we look! But you are taking a step towards changing that Hun so huge well done!
I have found this forum to be a life saver in keeping me on track on my journey, everyone is lovely an very supportive :)
Good luck on your journey :) I can wait to see how well you do xx

I've tried slimming world a couple of times and it has never worked for me. The first time was years ago when it was red and green days. I was veggie so did green, couldn't believe I could eat potatoes, rice etc and have as much as I wanted. Week 1 I lost 6lbs and was over the moon, fill myself up with carbs and lose weight! The perfect diet for me. Week 2, no cheating as I didn't need to, 7lbs on and it continued to be gains so I stopped. A couple of years back I tried again as a friend of mine was saying how great it was. The format had changed a bit but there were still things I could eat and eat. I couldn't understand how you could eat so much and lose weight? I didn't lose anything in a month. I know I can't eat many carbs if I'm going to lose weight no matter what WW, SW or any other diet says. I do know that loads of people have lost loads of weight on SW but it can't suit everyone and you and I seem to be some of the odd ones out!
S&S however is a different ball game entirely, stick with it, follow the rules and the weight will come off, it can't not do. Forget the cyst & stop doubting whether this diet will work. I don't believe anybody that has tried this diet and has done it properly wont have lost a significant amount of weight. I'm sure everyone on here will back me up.
I don't mean to sound harsh with what I say but if you just give it a chance you won't regret it. Have a look at the 12 week summer challenge thread and think about subscribing to that :)

Last edited:
thanks mamaC for your positive words, wow 56lb off, the diet speaks for itself well done that's an amazing loss :)
thanks also porshe04 for your encouraging words, think you're right sw only works for some I have tried it several times as you say seems to work wonders for others, but never really had much success, still little worried as been calorie counting (eating mostly protein) and excercising and still not lost anything, just wondering if my metabolism has ground to a halt, not doubting slim and save doubting my body and its ability to work the right way to help me lose weight. have doctors apt later about something else, but will mention it in passing then if still not lost much within a month of slim/save will ask to have problem investigated
so far so good, feeling little heady prob lack of caffeine bit of an addict .. think I can stick to this 100% well im going to have to if im to get any sort of results - wish could fast forward 3 mths and see if managed to do it or not!! patience is not my strong point .. ideal scenario would be all health checks clear (have health anxiety after stillbirth in 08) couple stone lost, confidence through the sky .. hot date lined up, well perhaps just a date for the moment lol x

Last edited:

hi there , I've been there myself along time ago, its scarey I know but it does make you stronger .... I think losing the weight will help in many ways . when my marriage fell apart , a year later I dusted myself down too , I was also chatting on the net in the evenings passing time .... and got talking to someone and yes was in same boat as you , I was 11 half stone then , a lot less than now , but I had 6 weeks before meeting him I got to ten stone .... so you can do anything given a strong mind !!!

We all believe in you - honestly, give it a go, you can do it. My weight loss over 7 years of ww/sw etc was a 7 stone gain! I really really put in a massive amount of effort over 2 and a half years with Rosemary Conley and managed to get 2 stone off but just couldn't keep it off with my "normal" life. I've replied to some of your other posts about the gynae issues I have and I've still lost a daft amount with S&S (and I really haven't stuck with the low cal element too well either). I didn't believe it at the beginning, I was convinced it would be like every other plan and I'd breeze to a stone off and then it would all stop. It didn't, it kept coming off and it still is coming off.

It can do that for you too :)

msjmc - how funny same situation, i never expected to meet someone on internet in million years has come as shock to us both but as said before its one thing chatting and being all brave with your best pic on your avatar its another thing meeting someone when you so overweight and feel so down on yourself, he really is the best thing to have happened in a long time .. just hope we have a happy outcome xx

noodles, yes you've kindly anwered my posts and pm's you have done so well what an inspiration, and thank you for your kind words and for believing in me .. it actually brought tears to my eyes xxx

Msjmc
What a year, I feel for you and hope it all works out for you, lots of hugs:)
Aww sweet of you mine happened in 1997 round the time princess Di was killed .... Hope your doing well on your diet plan :)

Lebody you sound like you've been through hell, good luck with your weight loss
I will be going through it with you, keep us updated

day 1 went well - had chocolate shake for breakfast, 1/2 trufa bar around 11ish, vegetable soup, 100g tuna and some salad and rest of trufa bar with Cpl cups tea at night - didn't feel hungry at all, was little light headed think prob from caffeine withdrawl , made sure to drink lots water .
have found prefer to water the shake down little more, im assuming its ok to do this .. tried one when got sample pack Monday and really didn't like the thick consistency prefer to make up to 300-350ml

went to doctors and mentioned been struggling to lose weight even with healthy eating and exercise, she seems to think stress and anxiety can cause this and along with my other syptoms weeing loads, pain and pressure in ovary area, stomach cramps has decided I have IBS mmm not so sure
I asked for scan to rule out ovarian cyst and she said she'd have to do an internal and swabs before she could order a scan .. wasn't expecting that :0 !!
was a little worried that I initially asked for her to do smear (long overdue) while she was doing swabs as my old surgery had no probs with this, she said id have to book with a nurse at she didn't do smears .. then when she started said I may as do one and phoned nurse to arrange paperwork, of course my *health anxiety* mind went into overdrive and I thought - omg, she's seen something, why has she changed her mind? so waiting for results of smear and swabs now, wont be sitting my postbox much lol !! ever since having still birth baby girl and subsequent late mc's I suffer terribly from health anxiety, its a living hell thinking you have everything under the sun .. should have seen me Cpl weeks ago when had high blood pressure (which was normal following week) thought I was going to have heartattack or stroke at any minute - another reason to lose the surplus weight and get fit, hopefully I wont feel in such poor health or imagine that I am anyway!

Good luck with your journey to a healthier you. Just picked up this thread and you have had a real bad time of it, sunshine is just around the corner! S&s was the only way I lost weight as well , having tried everything else under the sun.
Look forward to hearing about your hot dare in August!

day 1 went well - had chocolate shake for breakfast, 1/2 trufa bar around 11ish, vegetable soup, 100g tuna and some salad and rest of trufa bar with Cpl cups tea at night - didn't feel hungry at all, was little light headed think prob from caffeine withdrawl , made sure to drink lots water .
have found prefer to water the shake down little more, im assuming its ok to do this .. tried one when got sample pack Monday and really didn't like the thick consistency prefer to make up to 300-350ml

went to doctors and mentioned been struggling to lose weight even with healthy eating and exercise, she seems to think stress and anxiety can cause this and along with my other syptoms weeing loads, pain and pressure in ovary area, stomach cramps has decided I have IBS mmm not so sure
I asked for scan to rule out ovarian cyst and she said she'd have to do an internal and swabs before she could order a scan .. wasn't expecting that :0 !!
was a little worried that I initially asked for her to do smear (long overdue) while she was doing swabs as my old surgery had no probs with this, she said id have to book with a nurse at she didn't do smears .. then when she started said I may as do one and phoned nurse to arrange paperwork, of course my *health anxiety* mind went into overdrive and I thought - omg, she's seen something, why has she changed her mind? so waiting for results of smear and swabs now, wont be sitting my postbox much lol !! ever since having still birth baby girl and subsequent late mc's I suffer terribly from health anxiety, its a living hell thinking you have everything under the sun .. should have seen me Cpl weeks ago when had high blood pressure (which was normal following week) thought I was going to have heartattack or stroke at any minute - another reason to lose the surplus weight and get fit, hopefully I wont feel in such poor health or imagine that I am anyway!

My sisters told me that GP get points now if they can get people to lose weight also smoking too , I really don't think they do enough to help people , I wanted to go on Cambridge diet , as my bmi is high I need GP to sign my form , she charges for this , which is wrong as I am seeing her about something elses at the time , she did the form few years ago and never took my BP , just quick look on screen and signed it .... but this time I need another one signing as its out of date , i'm not linning her pockets she already gets money for me . With smear I have had few come back abnormal had to go to hospital, but it was all ok , but I had to have mine done every 6 months ... yes the nurse does the smears all the time at my old GP and the one I moved too . i'm sure everythings ok
yes , keep strong and you will feel better for losing weight .... when I look around town I see so many big people with health problems because of their weight thats when I know i'm taking action .... well done on day one , hey yes the shakes are very thick on Slim save makes me vomit a bit .... unsure what they put in them , that's why I like Cambridge , love LL but that's too much money for the time I have to be on it . how you doing ?

Good luck on your journey you deserve to find happiness, I always say beauty is on the inside but if you feel beautiful on the outside bonus. Hopefully when we all get to target we will feel both. Xxx

biggusburdus .. your user name made me smile lool thank you for your kind words, looking forward to my date too its all I can think about at the moment lol good incentive if ever there was one, he keeps asking to meet sooner but just cant do it yet .. need to get to more of a comfortable weight, lets hope all this hard work pays off lol x

Msjmc - I know what you mean with them trying to line their pockets, and many gps these days lack sympathy just want to get you in and out in allotted time. not keen on any of the doctors at my new surgery at all, my previous doctor knew my history, and why I am so anxious about every - suffer terribly from health anxiety since stillborn and several mc's tried to explain my anxieties with the smear and swab but she just looked at me as if to say grow up. spent most of last night on google driving myself crazy, calmed down now no use worrying about what may not be .. doctor might have a point with the stress stopping me losing weight work myself up so much its ridiculous, so going to look into meditation and possibly reflexology to try and relax a little x

thanks dolly1971 - yes beauty is within but the bonus is more than welcome right now lol. I think feeling good about how you look makes you more happy and confident etc .. my weight issues have impacted on all areas of my life in a negative way I just want to get to a healthier weight by august and hopefully lose the rest by healthy eating and the gym, walking etc

day 2 - still on a roll :)

had café late shake for breakfast (yum!) 2 boiled eggs and salad for lunch, shake for snack and banana shake for dinner with milk allowance for tea
went bit overboard with shakes today, but as don't have micro bit limited as to what meals from sample box can cook so will have to muddle on for the minute, plan to order 14 days worth packs in next couple days so will have to order more shakes and soups.

aww thanks ali p sorry only just seen your comment. good luck on your journey also xx

hey lebody , welcome and good luck on your journey . you've been through hell and have kept strong so this will be a walk in the park for you . I've just started back on Monday so im in a similar place to you , should defo buddy up and support each other :0)this sites amazing and the support you'll receive is fab . keep on logging in for motivation , chugging the water and taking your packs and you'll be a super hot mamma in no time at all xxx

thanks sukie sue, you've done so well already did you start slim and save Monday then?
finding it fairly easy so far, although had to stop myself absent mindedly popping kids left overs in my mouth couple times - old habits!!
would love to buddy up not sure how that works though, my weigh in day will be weds although had sneaky look at scales and lost 4lbs already :)
good luck with it over the weekend, I guess that's the hardest time to stick to it !!

Back