so so quiet

That is really good for 20 mins and faster than me. I managed to get a new PB on Tuesday and did 5k in 40 mins and 43 seconds.

41 mins of running?? Wow, I'll get there too!! You've inspired me to keep at it :)

Thanks good to know.. Was wondering how people managed to do 5k in that time and I made myself feel super slow..
Managed to run for 20mins today so I'm getting back into it.. In that time I ran 3.43k..
Xx

Being able to run solid for 30 mins will do me for starters. You're not too far away! I'll catch with you hopefully.
Keep at it folks, you are all doing remarkably well :-D

Last edited:
Thought I would add my voice to this thread....

Its dissapointing that this forum (WW) isn't quite so active as SW but....

I'm doing it online as it suits my lifestyle better but can use (and give) all the motivation and support I can muster.

I always said I was built for comfort and not for speed..... all this talk about running tires me out - I'm a walking lass myself. Don't even run for the bus

I am also disappointed Weight Watchers threads are sparse and not very active. Looked at Pro-Points and hated it. I think it was the dreadful launch advertisement "Play Weight Watchers, the Game you Want to Lose" which was the initial turn-off. Screamed to me that the new hierarchy didn’t understand what it’s all about. You don't play at losing weight. For me it isn't a game. Well that and Stick Insect Patsy Kensitt on every page of every newspaper has made me a bit anti. Rant over :mad:

So I have latched onto WeMITTS doing the old / vintage points at home as I can't relate to Pro-Points or whatever they have re-launched themselves as this week, but I still harbour a fondness for the old style Weight Watchers. I think they made a big mistake tinkering with a system that was simple and worked if you kept to it. They must have lost a lot of followers.

It is a shame that the board isn't as busy, but ever since I started ww the SW boards always had more 'viewers'

i think there's a lot of linkers looking up info rather then posting ..

I was a lot more active on these boards about 8+ months ago but I'm currently pregnant so stopped following the plan, but I now revisit as I was gaining to much.
Iv also noticed a lot of the people I was talking to all those months ago are gone aswel ..

For me it isn't a game. Well that and Stick Insect Patsy Kensitt on every page of every newspaper has made me a bit anti. Rant over :mad:
I am so with you there!! The advertising would put anybody off. Why didn't they use real people who had major weight issues and have had success with the plan?

I was a lot more active on these boards about 8+ months ago but I'm currently pregnant so stopped following the plan, but I now revisit as I was gaining to much.
Iv also noticed a lot of the people I was talking to all those months ago are gone aswel ..
Me too. I was an active member but drifted away as the regulars started to go and I was fed up with the same post posted over and over again "home or online", "sw or ww"? The same question is still being asked so nothings changed there.
I have also noticed a couple of groups who just seem to post on the one thread and have become good friends which is fab, but I feel that I don't want to intrude and stick my nose in lol.

I keep a diary on here too but I don't think anyone looks at it anymore. My original reason for coming on here is to help motivate and receive some encouragement whilst on my journey but it just isn't the same. :-(

Last edited:
I agree. I've been on here for about a year and not much has been happening since Xmas. A lot of regular posters have fallen by the wayside. Some of the posts are by good friends who use the boards for a chat and you feel you are interrupting them if you comment.
I used this as an alternative to the Ww forum but I think i will be contributing less and less!

Is the actual ww forums that busy?

I don't know about the WW forums as I don't use them now.
I'm a member of a private Facebook group which is very supportive and is like this forum used to be.

Back