so this is my challenge ..i will doo it..i will...i will...(puts the choc down)

hunni17

right to any that are interested i am officially gonna do this ....
start date 24/03/2012
start weight 280lbs
goal weight 230lbs
date to be achieved 17/08/2012
i have 20 weeks to lose 50 lbs which is around 2 n a half pounds a week i think ...
im hoping if i make it very public it may help...but if no ones interested ill prob b eating a MC chicken sandwich by Monday lol. getting married and refuse to fee like utter crap on my big day. i don't like being center of attention but for one day only i would like all eyes on me.
so ladies and gentlemen please i nedd some support and kind words of advice
next week i will post my weight again
xxx wish me luck :wave_cry:

Congratulations on getting married and of course you can do it! :) 50lbs in 20 weeks is definately achievable and you have a solid plan to get there which is a great start.

Hehe chocolate is my kryptonite too :p My advice would be to reward yourself often with little treats that make you feel good but arent food related, i love going swimming so I do that (i hate the idea of exercise :p but once i get doing it it releases endorphins and makes me feel great for the rest of the day :) well worth while.) or read or shop or have a bubble bath or pampering session and try to keep busy. Also write down 3 things everyday that are good about yourself :) Also dont beat yourself up if you have a slip just get back on track, one biscuit is nothing compared to your amazing long term progress. Of course you want to be the centre of attention on your day! you deserve to be and you will be
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx keep us posted on how youre getting along, us minimins are with you every step of the way :)

thank you it feels so much better getting support like this! i dont c my friends alot now so with out there support (and post natal depression) i put on 42lbs very quickly! xxx

I am interested! And I am with you starting today :) I have 3 stone to lose and my goal is I'm going to be a bridesmaid!! I have terrible eating habits and love red wine far to much but am determined to get this problem under control!! Good luck

makes it hard with pnd, foods my comfort always has been :S im thinking if i dont set to many boundaries but make sure i walk at east an our aday then i may have a better chance, what do u think? i find if i say i cant have something then thats all i want lol

well i have been just generally healthy eating but i think i may do the low carb, when ever i have done it, it literally strips it off me its just keepin at it i find hard but i have to do this, i went to the park the other day with my little girl and i could only manage 15 mins because of my anxiety, i felt awful i feel so bad 4 my daughter :( i personally would recommend low carb every time but u cant do it 4 2 weeks then quite like ive done, if u can stick at it you will get where u want to be xx

Hey girl! That's so exciting you're getting married, you can definitely do this. I started just yesterday so I am quite new here as well. x

Congratulations are in order. Good luck on your journey, we are all behind you 100%. You will look stunning on your wedding day, I have no doubt in my mind. I really look forward to seeing your next post, will look out for it. xx

Woow! Good on you. Here's to the next 7 pounds. Don't stop now, keep on going and you will reach your goal in no time. x

I really do believe it is attainable, especially if you put your all into it. Even if you do not lose exactly 43 pounds, you will have lost a substantial amount in any case and you will feel SO much better for it. I think you will look stunning on your wedding day, and I know your partner will think so too. :)

Im havin a crisis... Im doin atkins at the mo but I cant deal with such limits I want to eat noodles and stuff! What do u think atkins or just healthy????? Please help!!! Xx

Hi hunni, Atkins is tough but it works so well. I only ever do it for a short period of time so make a deal with yourself, say you stick to it for a week and then do a week of Slimming World???

Congratulations on your engagement and your amazing first week loss! Personally I would stay away from atkins, as I have heard some not so good things about it, our bodies need carbohydrates to function properly along with the other food groups + I can't handle cutting out all carbs coz as soon as I get a taste again my body goes nuts and craves like crazy. Have a look at the slimming world and weight watchers forums etc on here if you are feeling like a little more structure will help- sometimes the concept of 'healthy' is really hard to stick with. People here are so friendly and happy to share their experiances I would suggest give each a go for a week and see which you like better! Hope you've had a good second week!

ye i have heard good things about slimming world, i just cant go with out carbs, i have a soon to be 1 year old and i need my energy! im just going to try eating healthy, you know chicken salad fruit that sort of thing, if i say i cant have something i want it so i think well if i have a small amount then it will kill the craving

just wanted to wish you loads and loads of luck :)

i have 8 stone to lose doing it one day at a time x

Back