So what are your plans?

Yeah I was thinking about this all night... got hardly any sleep! LOL

When at goal, I was thinking:

WEEK 1 - still eating all of my S&S packs and adding a chicken an veg meal for tea.

WEEK 2 - as week 1 but add a boiled egg or babybel as a mid morning snack.

WEEK 3 - drop my S&S lunch for a "normal" soup or salad.

WEEK 4 - drop my S&S afternoon pack and have a fruit or yoghurt snack.

WEEK 5 - drop my S&S breakfast (all S&S packs now stopped) and have plain porridge.

Eat like this for at least a month (approx 1000-1200 cals a day). Then introduce banana & yoghurt to breakfast, a bread roll for lunch and brown rice or quinoa for tea.

Chips, crisps, chocolate etc as an odd treat, less than once a week.

Hopefully that will be slow enough increase to let my metabolism catch back up so I dont pile on the pounds! :)

Id recommend looking at the re-feed section on other vlcd's on here! the LT refeed it really good! thats the one i will do for 1/2 weeks then joining a slimming club near my house to keep a track on my weight!

I'm definitely going to look at the refeed threads on other VLCDs when it's time for me to start refeeding properly. I don't think that anyone has actually got to goal using S&S yet as it's a pretty new diet but there are plenty of people who have on the more established VLCDs.

im thinking that im going to do one of the other vlcd refeed program for a couple of weeks and then go on to diet chef. use that to maintain for a bit and see how i get on, kind of teach myself what i can eat and stay the same kind of thing. its really important time as i never want to have to lose this weight AGAIN

The issue of maintenance really scares me, because ive already failed once at it!! I did Cambrdige a few years ago lost 4 stone, fellow dieters did warm me that losing weight was the easy bit and the hard work just begins when you have to balance real food in moderation. Well I got the 'moderation' bit really wrong and two stone soon crept back on after I vowed it would never happen to me!! Felt like a total failure and I proved all my VLCD critics right :eek: (and there were many). This time I owe it to myself to remain within a healthy weight range and stay in control, I was thinking of trying Atkins because im living proof I am rubbish at counting calories but enjoy carbs too, I guess there's no easy answer.

Really interesting thread, thank you.

Only just started but already thinking of maintenance! Have been yoyoing for last 10 years- lose 3 or 4 stone (mainly with Atkins) and within 2 years back to starting weight (and more). Thought I had sorted it all when I went to normal BMI for first time in adult life in 2010 after being on Motivation Diet (popular in Ireland - low cal diet with protein supplements and 1:1counselling). However, I binged my way up over 5 stone -(illnesses/deaths in family were the trigger and the weight gain just went out of control). I am determined to lose the weight but want to keep it off this time. Weightwatchers looks like something that may train me to eat healthier and let me eat 'normally'. I know I wouldn't have the motivation to lose all my weight on it (as need fast loss at start to stay on track!) but would hope it might be good for maintenance. Have anyone on the forum maintained with weightwatchers?

I haven't used WW. I'm doing a very slow refeed (think around 4 months). I think I'm going to eat low GL at the end. I also think that exercise is going to be key for me - am just starting in the exercise area and am really enjoying it.

Thanks for that. I need to get back exercising as it makes a big difference! Hopefully, some weight loss and energy will give me some motivation to start moving!!!

Back